Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Taxes

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Taxes

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:13 pm

I'm sure I explained it somewhere in this thread. Because of Jocelyn's career her student loans are forgiven after 10 years, so we want to keep them as small as possible until then. If we file together her income based loans are adjusted for our dual income, if we file separately her loans are based on only her income.

We get way less for a return, but it saves us $400ish+ a month in student loan payments.
Kath525

Taxes

Postby Kath525 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:25 pm

That's how Tim and I will be. Trump is trying to take away the program Jocelyn and I are in though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmyoungs

Taxes

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:39 pm

Tyler wrote:I'm sure I explained it somewhere in this thread. Because of Jocelyn's career her student loans are forgiven after 10 years, so we want to keep them as small as possible until then. If we file together her income based loans are adjusted for our dual income, if we file separately her loans are based on only her income.

We get way less for a return, but it saves us $400ish+ a month in student loan payments.
Oh yeah you have mentioned that. That is a huge difference and a nice bonus down the road

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Taxes

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:19 pm

Kath525 wrote:That's how Tim and I will be. Trump is trying to take away the program Jocelyn and I are in though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought it was Betsy. It's funny because the program started in 2007 so the first people to actually get anything were last year and they already want to take it away. Luckily Jocelyn qualifies for a few other programs too, but this one would have had the biggest impact I think.

Return to “Off Topic”