Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Computers and PC parts

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Computers and PC parts

Postby Tyler » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:55 pm

I listed my GTX 670 on eBay. I by no means need a new card for the minimal amount of gaming that I do, but with the new prices of cards it's hard to resist. If I was smart I would hold off for another year since my card can play all titles on high still. If I don't get enough for my card I'll hold off.

Corey, list your 660ti
Tyler
Owner

Computers and PC parts

Postby Tyler » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:06 pm

I wasn't really in the market for a new CPU cooler, but I just bought this one from Slickdeals.
http://slickdeals.net/f/8912023-cryorig ... g#comments

I have noticed my CPU gets extremely hot at times, I'm not sure if my liquid cooler pump is going out or what.
Tyler
Owner

Computers and PC parts

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:58 pm

No one cares at all, but I have decided not to sell my GTX 670. The plan was to sell that on eBay and put it towards a GTX 1060, but I talked myself out of that for 2 reasons.
1) chances are I don't act fast enough GTX 1060 cards are sold out before I snag one or they are listed above the $250 MSRP for the first few months
2) I play like 8 hours of video games max a month, I can survive on High settings vs Ultra. Maybe GTX 970/980's will start showing up for cheap on eBay in the coming months.
CrckrJack

Computers and PC parts

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:45 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Maybe GTX 970/980's will start showing up for cheap on eBay in the coming months.

I will sell you mine for $400
Tyler
Owner

Computers and PC parts

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:18 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Maybe GTX 970/980's will start showing up for cheap on eBay in the coming months.

CrckrJack wrote:I will sell you mine for $400

Thanks for the offer, but I found a much better one. Cwilkins and I are buying some GTX 970's off of a friend.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:05 pm

Hey nerds, pc part picker me a budget computer for my parents. They want a new PC so they can give theirs to my grandparents

The PC they have now is the first desktop I ever built. I will figure out the CPU and other stuff tomorrow to make sure I give them an upgrade
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Re: Computers and PC parts

Postby Tyler » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:44 am

Tyler wrote:Hey nerds, pc part picker me a budget computer for my parents. They want a new PC so they can give theirs to my grandparents

The PC they have now is the first desktop I ever built. I will figure out the CPU and other stuff tomorrow to make sure I give them an upgrade

AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 440 3.00 GHz
4 gb ram.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:35 am

Old GPU vs new

GPU in and new massive heatsink

Tyler
Owner

Computers and PC parts

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:09 am

Word on the street is that Corey is getting a GTX 1060 tomorrow. I will be looking for his before/after scores in the 3dmark thread.

For a forum full of casual PC gamers (with the exception of Crkrjack being professional),it is crazy the GTX 970 is now the weakest card owned by any of us. (Excluding Danny's gaming laptop).
wags83

Computers and PC parts

Postby wags83 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:17 am

I was cool for a little bit... :(
CrckrJack

Computers and PC parts

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:13 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Word on the street is that Corey is getting a GTX 1060 tomorrow. I will be looking for his before/after scores in the 3dmark thread.

For a forum full of casual PC gamers (with the exception of Crkrjack being professional),it is crazy the GTX 970 is now the weakest card owned by any of us. (Excluding Danny's gaming laptop).

I should probably upgrade my card before Legion hits. I might need it to record...
Tyler
Owner

Computers and PC parts

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:15 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post I should probably upgrade my card before Legion hits. I might need it to record...

Doesnt your current card handle recording just fine? Not like Legion is going to drastically change the visuals and require more HP, right?
CrckrJack

Computers and PC parts

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:18 am

Tyler wrote:
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post I should probably upgrade my card before Legion hits. I might need it to record...

Doesnt your current card handle recording just fine? Not like Legion is going to drastically change the visuals and require more HP, right?

It did for WoD. Legion is actually updating the graphics quite a bit, so we will see.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Computers and PC parts

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:39 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Legion is actually updating the graphics quite a bit, so we will see.

So the game won't look like an Atari game now?
CrckrJack

Computers and PC parts

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:42 am

Tyler wrote:
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Legion is actually updating the graphics quite a bit, so we will see.

So the game won't look like an Atari game now?

No it still will

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
zsl

Computers and PC parts

Postby zsl » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:03 pm

Short rant here... I've been considering building a computer for a while now, as my computer is over 5 years old, but every time I get into it and start researching parts, there's just too many options, it's just so stressful that I decide not to bother with it. And with all the annoyances and problems people are having with Windows 10, it just adds even more stress to the decision. I'd really like to be able to play games made in this decade but I just don't know if it's worth the hassle of having to deal with 10. It's quite frustrating, I tell 'ya.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Computers and PC parts

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:12 pm

zsl wrote:Source of the post Short rant here... I've been considering building a computer for a while now, as my computer is over 5 years old, but every time I get into it and start researching parts, there's just too many options, it's just so stressful that I decide not to bother with it. And with all the annoyances and problems people are having with Windows 10, it just adds even more stress to the decision. I'd really like to be able to play games made in this decade but I just don't know if it's worth the hassle of having to deal with 10. It's quite frustrating, I tell 'ya.

Many here have built computers. I'm sure they can suggest parts and help you troubleshoot.
Corey
Site Admin

Postby Corey » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:51 am

400 million+ people are using Windows 10 so I think you're fine...
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Computers and PC parts

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:47 am

DannyFanny wrote:
zsl wrote:Source of the post Short rant here... I've been considering building a computer for a while now, as my computer is over 5 years old, but every time I get into it and start researching parts, there's just too many options, it's just so stressful that I decide not to bother with it. And with all the annoyances and problems people are having with Windows 10, it just adds even more stress to the decision. I'd really like to be able to play games made in this decade but I just don't know if it's worth the hassle of having to deal with 10. It's quite frustrating, I tell 'ya.

Many here have built computers. I'm sure they can suggest parts and help you troubleshoot.

Yup. Let us know budget and what you're looking for
Tyler
Owner

Computers and PC parts

Postby Tyler » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:54 am

Corey wrote:Source of the post 400 million+ people are using Windows 10 so I think you're fine...

Corey just came back from a Microsoft convention so he is fully drinking the kool-aid, but seriously, I have had Windows 10 since day 1 (same with the Anniversary update) and I have no problems with it. I think it is a nice improvement over Windows 8 and if you are coming from Windows 7 it isn't a huge change.

Return to “Off Topic”