wags83

Cell Phone Plans

Postby wags83 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:18 pm

Lol, sorry about that.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Cell Phone Plans

Postby Tyler » Thu May 25, 2017 7:17 pm

wags83 wrote:Damn, you guys all use so much data!

We never get close to using our data and could probably go down a plan, I should look into that again
bmyoungs

Cell Phone Plans

Postby bmyoungs » Fri May 26, 2017 1:29 pm

Tag wrote:Verizon has a great deal. its 45/mo for unlimited plus hot spot. its wonderful

Tyler wrote:
Tag wrote:Source of the post Verizon has a great deal. its 45/mo for unlimited plus hot spot. its wonderful

$45 for 1 line? Hot spot isn't unlimited, right?

I am seeing $100/month (before discount) to change our plan to Unlimited
After Jocelyn's discount, we pay $57 for 12GB of data (plus carry-over). Phones+lines are on top of that.

Sounds like one of the prepaid plans. $50 5gb full speed data unlimited 128kbps after. $5 auto pay discount.

Video streams at a Max 480p.
Tag

Cell Phone Plans

Postby Tag » Sat May 27, 2017 9:45 am

we currently have 3 on the account. so its 54/mo. Unlimited. (LTE for first 22.. per line) then drops to 3G during congestion times) hotspot is also unlimited (10 gb per device at LTE, then drops to 3G during congestion times) its amazing. super happy with it. that 54 includes the line. My phone was free, so no additional.
-Tag
*Formerly known as Slumdog Billionaire

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
bmyoungs

Cell Phone Plans

Postby bmyoungs » Sat May 27, 2017 5:49 pm

Tag wrote:we currently have 3 on the account. so its 54/mo. Unlimited. (LTE for first 22.. per line) then drops to 3G during congestion times) hotspot is also unlimited (10 gb per device at LTE, then drops to 3G during congestion times) its amazing. super happy with it. that 54 includes the line. My phone was free, so no additional.

That makes more sense since that is there standard plan now. Did you get rid of pixel XL?
Tag

Cell Phone Plans

Postby Tag » Sat May 27, 2017 6:12 pm

bmyoungs wrote:
Tag wrote:we currently have 3 on the account. so its 54/mo. Unlimited. (LTE for first 22.. per line) then drops to 3G during congestion times) hotspot is also unlimited (10 gb per device at LTE, then drops to 3G during congestion times) its amazing. super happy with it. that 54 includes the line. My phone was free, so no additional.

That makes more sense since that is there standard plan now. Did you get rid of pixel XL?

yep, just the standard plan, nothing special. -10 for using checking account so thats nice.

nah still have the Pixel XL and love it! got it during Black Friday tho so its free
-Tag

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Cell Phone Plans

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:43 am

Virgin Mobile goes iPhone-exclusive, offering first year of unlimited service for $1

Called Inner Circle, Virgin is offering the plan for $1 for the first year (which only slightly follows its parent company’s offer of a free year of service to switch). To qualify, customers need to purchase an iPhone from either Virgin or Apple. After the first year, the plan reverts to being $50 monthly, then back down to $1 for six months if they purchase a new iPhone again after two years of service. Currently, Virgin offers iPhones SE, 6, 6S, 6S Plus, 7, and 7 Plus.
Tyler
Owner

Cell Phone Plans

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:00 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Virgin Mobile goes iPhone-exclusive, offering first year of unlimited service for $1

Called Inner Circle, Virgin is offering the plan for $1 for the first year (which only slightly follows its parent company’s offer of a free year of service to switch). To qualify, customers need to purchase an iPhone from either Virgin or Apple. After the first year, the plan reverts to being $50 monthly, then back down to $1 for six months if they purchase a new iPhone again after two years of service. Currently, Virgin offers iPhones SE, 6, 6S, 6S Plus, 7, and 7 Plus.

Is $50/month +cost of phone a good deal for unlimited? Isn't that in line with what other plans offer? Obviously the $1 for a year is amazing, but I'm looking at long term.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Cell Phone Plans

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:38 am

Comcast's Xfinity Mobile Is Now Throttling Resolution, And Speed. Even UNLIMITED Users.
From their communication:

To help you conserve data, we've established 480p as the standard resolution for streaming video through cellular data. This can help you save money if you pay By the Gig and take longer to reach the 20 GB threshold if you have the Unlimited data option.

Later this year, 720p video over cellular data will be available as a fee-based option with your service. In the meantime, you can request it on an interim basis at no charge. Learn more

This update only affects video streaming over cellular data. You can continue to stream HD-quality video over WiFi, including at millions of Xfinity WiFi hotspots.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Cell Phone Plans

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:48 am

At least nobody is abusing net neutrality though
Blue Jackets wrote:Comcast's Xfinity Mobile Is Now Throttling Resolution, And Speed. Even UNLIMITED Users.
From their communication:

To help you conserve data, we've established 480p as the standard resolution for streaming video through cellular data. This can help you save money if you pay By the Gig and take longer to reach the 20 GB threshold if you have the Unlimited data option.

Later this year, 720p video over cellular data will be available as a fee-based option with your service. In the meantime, you can request it on an interim basis at no charge. Learn more

This update only affects video streaming over cellular data. You can continue to stream HD-quality video over WiFi, including at millions of Xfinity WiFi hotspots.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Cell Phone Plans

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:11 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post At least nobody is abusing net neutrality though

I can't explain why, but someone in the thread said this isn't because of Net Neutrality going away. Verizon has been doing this a long time already with their unlimited plans. I was just looking at their plans last week, they have 3 tiers of unlimited and 2 of them cap at 480p videos. The big difference here is that Comcast changed the plan on the fly for existing customers and claiming it is for their own benefit. With Verizon you at least know what shitty plan you are signing up for.
Tyler
Owner

Cell Phone Plans

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:52 pm

I'm officially on Project Fi as of today. Bought out my 2 Pixels from Verizon and made the switch.
ejhartman91

Cell Phone Plans

Postby ejhartman91 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:07 pm

Welcome to the club!
Tyler wrote:I'm officially on Project Fi as of today. Bought out my 2 Pixels from Verizon and made the switch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Cell Phone Plans

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:25 am

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post Welcome to the club!

I'm honored. Also just learned about data sims. Free sim card that you can put in a tablet. The tablet then uses data against your monthly total. The sim is free and doesn't cost anything per month. That is very cool! Just ordered one to try in my LG G pad tablet.
ejhartman91

Cell Phone Plans

Postby ejhartman91 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:19 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post Welcome to the club!

I'm honored. Also just learned about data sims. Free sim card that you can put in a tablet. The tablet then uses data against your monthly total. The sim is free and doesn't cost anything per month. That is very cool! Just ordered one to try in my LG G pad tablet.

Yeah it is a nice feature. I ordered one a while ago but haven't used it yet (the only tablet I have is an NVIDIA SHIELD tablet that doesn't have LTE capabilities)
bmyoungs

Cell Phone Plans

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:25 pm

We will end up on fi shortly just have to confirm with the wife that she's on board. Been testing it and I do like it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:34 pm

bmyoungs wrote:We will end up on fi shortly just have to confirm with the wife that she's on board. Been testing it and I do like it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Nah, just keep paying for 2 providers on your phone. That makes sense.
bmyoungs

Cell Phone Plans

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:29 pm

Sarah and I love fi so far. Our dead spots are better and apparently I have no control over my data usage now

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:34 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Sarah and I love fi so far. Our dead spots are better and apparently I have no control over my data usage now

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
I am okay with Fi so far. A country wide outage the week of signing up was not a good sign. Texts weren't sending at work for awhile either.
Everything seems okay not , but maybe not the best service at Jocelyn's school. When needs to set up wifi calling.
Tag

Cell Phone Plans

Postby Tag » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:12 pm

how much you payin for Fi?

Currently on Verizon with 7 others. pay 37.50/mo after all taxes for true unlimited
-Tag

Return to “Off Topic”