Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Cell Phone Plans

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Google Project Fi

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:41 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post We are on smellular and we used to have 2 GB per line, but she switched it to the free for all plan.

Ask her to switch it back?

Is Kathryn on her own plan? Just add a line to hers.
CrckrJack

Google Project Fi

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:43 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post We are on smellular and we used to have 2 GB per line, but she switched it to the free for all plan.

Ask her to switch it back?

Is Kathryn on her own plan? Just add a line to hers.

I am pretty sure they would get super pissed at my mom if she changed it back. And i'm not going to Kathryn's plan. Free > $ even if it is just $ and not $$$$$
CrckrJack

Google Project Fi

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:44 pm

Also my mom would have to pay for it if they went over the individual plans, not them (because they are spoiled [i am too, but they are more-so]).
bmyoungs

Google Project Fi

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:49 pm

Tyler wrote:
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the postI hate them. My mom won't do anything about it either, her answer is to just increase the data plan instead of confronting them about it.
/rant

TL;DR
My mom pays for my phone plan and I still find something to complain about.

Is there a way in Verizon to limit usage per device? I know US Cellular can do that. You could tell your brother to knock it off?

Yes it's a feature called family base. It's $5 but it allows you to give every line on the account a hard cap of data
ejhartman91

Google Project Fi

Postby ejhartman91 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:52 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the postI hate them. My mom won't do anything about it either, her answer is to just increase the data plan instead of confronting them about it.
/rant

TL;DR

Is there a way in Verizon to limit usage per device? I know US Cellular can do that. You could tell your brother to knock it off?

Yes it's a feature called family base. It's $5 but it allows you to give every line on the account a hard cap of data

Let me get this straight - they are charging you an extra $5 a month just to manage how much data out of your total (that you are already paying for) each line can use? That's absurd...
Tyler
Owner

Google Project Fi

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:56 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Also my mom would have to pay for it if they went over the individual plans, not them (because they are spoiled [i am too, but they are more-so]).

You are equally spoiled. You could just not worry about data and go over all you want. You aren't paying for it so what do you care, if you really cared for your mommy you would get your own plan.
bmyoungs

Google Project Fi

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:57 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:
/rant

TL;DR

Let me get this straight - they are charging you an extra $5 a month just to manage how much data out of your total (that you are already paying for) each line can use? That's absurd...

Yes its stupid, but if you did this instead of just buying the next data tier you'd be saving at least $10. I always offered this to people bitching about overages but everyone said same thing as you.
CrckrJack

Google Project Fi

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:58 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Also my mom would have to pay for it if they went over the individual plans, not them (because they are spoiled [i am too, but they are more-so]).

You are equally spoiled. You could just not worry about data and go over all you want. You aren't paying for it so what do you care, if you really cared for your mommy you would get your own plan.

Be jealous more
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Google Project Fi

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:21 pm

WooohoooImage
CrckrJack

Google Project Fi

Postby CrckrJack » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:22 pm

nice!
ejhartman91

Google Project Fi

Postby ejhartman91 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:01 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:WooohoooImage

I was connected to us cellular this morning (I never forced it) but went back to t mobile and haven't seen us cellular again the rest of the day.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Google Project Fi

Postby cwilkins88 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:02 pm

Mine is mostly defaulting to Sprint.
ejhartman91

Google Project Fi

Postby ejhartman91 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:11 pm

I seem to be more reliably connecting to U.S. Cellular now. I went to the Subway on 86th near Meredith in Urbandale/Johnston for lunch today and was connected to USC there. When I got back to the office it's been all USC.
itscsalvo

Google Project Fi

Postby itscsalvo » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:52 pm

I was excited that US Cellular was partnering with Fi, since there's a strong presence here in the Omaha area. Unfortunately, I found out that it doesn't increase the eligibility to enroll in Fi, just enhances the existing coverage. So, good for current customers, bad for potential customers who aren't in TMO spots.
:text-bs:
Tyler
Owner

Google Project Fi

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:27 pm

itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post I was excited that US Cellular was partnering with Fi, since there's a strong presence here in the Omaha area. Unfortunately, I found out that it doesn't increase the eligibility to enroll in Fi, just enhances the existing coverage. So, good for current customers, bad for potential customers who aren't in TMO spots.
:text-bs:

Say what? Google won't let you sign up for Fi?
itscsalvo

Google Project Fi

Postby itscsalvo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:11 pm

Yep, this area is like out of T-Mobile's jurisdiction and they pretty much won't sell here or in Omaha. Until T-Mobile comes here, Fi is not an option. Unless I switch my number, and I'm not doing that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
CrckrJack

Google Project Fi

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:55 am

itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post Yep, this area is like out of T-Mobile's jurisdiction and they pretty much won't sell here or in Omaha. Until T-Mobile comes here, Fi is not an option. Unless I switch my number, and I'm not doing that.

Use my address.
Tyler
Owner

Google Project Fi

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:03 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Use my address.

That's actually a good idea. Why not just say you live in a T-mobile area? Get the new phone, keep your number. The biggest hassle might be shipping it to Tim to activate (if they require it to be sent to a T-mobile area), but after that it should work in Omaha on US Cellular just fine?
ejhartman91

Google Project Fi

Postby ejhartman91 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:05 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post
itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post Yep, this area is like out of T-Mobile's jurisdiction and they pretty much won't sell here or in Omaha. Until T-Mobile comes here, Fi is not an option. Unless I switch my number, and I'm not doing that.

Use my address.

Just make sure you mail his SIM card to him when you receive it on his behalf.
itscsalvo

Google Project Fi

Postby itscsalvo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:26 pm

Tyler wrote:
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Use my address.

That's actually a good idea. Why not just say you live in a T-mobile area? Get the new phone, keep your number. The biggest hassle might be shipping it to Tim to activate (if they require it to be sent to a T-mobile area), but after that it should work in Omaha on US Cellular just fine?

Because it doesn't work like that. The address doesn't matter where they ship it, but the number itself is a problem. I have a 402 area code, which is Omaha. I need a 515 area code to be on Fi since that's TMO. This is what google support has told me. It boils down to I have to have a different phone number to switch to Fi.

Return to “Off Topic”