Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Favorite Mobile Apps

Talk about anything.
User avatar
ejhartman91
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:12 pm
Contact:

Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby ejhartman91 » Tue May 31, 2016 3:48 pm

bmyoungs wrote:
Tyler wrote:I'm surprised you of all people use the Verizon messaging. I've never even tried it, but assumed it was junk since not put out by Android

It's not THAT bad. There is way way too much going on in it. I used to set it up on people's phones since it does automatic text backups. People always got pissy when their texts didn't transfer or comeback after a factory reset. Same reason I set up Google photos, save myself from an hour long content transfer

I don't actually use the app on my phone. I don't even have it installed there. I just use it on my tablet and on the computer/web if I need to read/respond to texts not using my phone/watch.

I will agree that the app isn't that bad though.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22812
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby Tyler » Tue May 31, 2016 4:17 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post
DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Everyone's getting the Rock clock right?!


see

Lol yep, but you didn't provide enough context!
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 3817
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby bmyoungs » Tue May 31, 2016 5:11 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:
Tyler wrote:I'm surprised you of all people use the Verizon messaging. I've never even tried it, but assumed it was junk since not put out by Android

It's not THAT bad. There is way way too much going on in it. I used to set it up on people's phones since it does automatic text backups. People always got pissy when their texts didn't transfer or comeback after a factory reset. Same reason I set up Google photos, save myself from an hour long content transfer

I don't actually use the app on my phone. I don't even have it installed there. I just use it on my tablet and on the computer/web if I need to read/respond to texts not using my phone/watch.

I will agree that the app isn't that bad though.

I totally forgot I also have Verizon messages set up on my tablet. I was just thinking phone to computer messaging.
User avatar
DannyFanny
Top Contributor
Posts: 2903
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Contact:

Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby DannyFanny » Tue May 31, 2016 6:35 pm

Tyler wrote:
DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post
DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Everyone's getting the Rock clock right?!


see

Lol yep, but you didn't provide enough context!


I capitalized the rock. Do you need more context?
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22812
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby Tyler » Tue May 31, 2016 6:39 pm

Had you said The Rock...
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22812
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:01 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the postI used MightyText for a while. It worked well. I used it on my tablet and Laptops/Desktop. I recently switched to Verizon messaging because it's basically built in and doesn't require an app be installed.

I downloaded MightyText. Seems pretty cool. I like that it can work in Gmail alongside Gchat. Now everything is in one spot for me.
User avatar
ejhartman91
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:12 pm
Contact:

Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby ejhartman91 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:36 am

I've been using this new keyboard lately on Android. It's basically the Google keyboard with additional useful features added.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... makeyboard
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 3817
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:26 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:I've been using this new keyboard lately on Android. It's basically the Google keyboard with additional useful features added.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... makeyboard

I'm using this also. I live being able to choose to have a top row for numbers and change the size.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22812
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:44 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I live being able to choose to have a top row for numbers and change the size.

The auto correct seems to be great too... /s
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 3817
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:46 pm

Yeah I Haven't been using it long and it hasn't figured out my swipe patterns. I'm a messy phone typist in general though.
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 2607
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby cwilkins88 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:37 am

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I live being able to choose to have a top row for numbers and change the size.

The auto correct seems to be great too... /s

I Lol'd
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22812
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:51 pm

Google Hangouts for Android removes merged SMS conversations, adds video
Google rips a core SMS feature out of Android's default messaging app.
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/07/ ... dds-video/
User avatar
ejhartman91
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:12 pm
Contact:

Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby ejhartman91 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:25 pm

Tyler wrote:Google Hangouts for Android removes merged SMS conversations, adds video
Google rips a core SMS feature out of Android's default messaging app.
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/07/ ... dds-video/

Saw that. Not sure I care. It was useful I guess, but I see how it's bad for usability.
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 2607
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:56 am

I liked it. Auto-defaulted to what I was last sent, but let me see the full conversation if someone switched mediums.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22812
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:58 am

ejhartman91 wrote:http://www.androidcentral.com/truecaller-introduces-smart-calling-history-availability-and-brand-new-dialer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty decent looking update for Truecaller...

Nexus offering more Spam protection out of the box


https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/26/goo ... rotection/
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 2607
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:48 am

Zedge is a cool cheap puzzle app, should check it out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... enge&hl=en
User avatar
SleepyChimera
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:15 am
Contact:

Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby SleepyChimera » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:46 am

I see you guys have historically talked about Google Opinion Rewards... Just wanted to share that I've earned $87.09 since 10/11/15. Although 2017 has been pretty dead for me for surveys :/ I get maybe 5 a month
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22812
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:52 am

$107 since 3/20/2015
Looks like I get 8-10 a month.
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 3817
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Favorite Mobile Apps

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:06 pm

$90 since 1/26/15. Living and working in a less developed area makes a big difference

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests