Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

TV Setups

Talk about anything.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 26915
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

TV Setups

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:56 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Maybe some of the $99 5.1 surround sound bars are still left in stock. I'll look today.

No promises if this website is right, but it says Ames has 2 in stock for $69
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =817243109
User avatar
DannyFanny
Top Contributor
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Contact:

TV Setups

Postby DannyFanny » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:58 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post What did you get?


55" Sony.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post How big of TV? Do you need the mount to swivel?
Stationary mounts are pretty cheap now, I got mine from Harbor Freight for like $20 and it is meant for big tvs.

Maybe some of the $99 5.1 surround sound bars are still left in stock. I'll look today.



I need a swivel mount. Amazon has some decently reviewed mounts for $30-ish
Soundbar is a purchase for the future not something right now.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 26915
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

TV Setups

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:30 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Soundbar is a purchase for the future not something right now.

If you can score that 5.1 system for $69 right now though you totally should! You're not going to beat that when you are ready to buy one.
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1607
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: TV Setups

Postby Corey » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:22 pm

Found the matching center channel speaker for my setup for $15 on Facebook. I'd like to get the tower speakers for the front and move the bookshelf speakers that are my front left/right to the back some day. I might move things around to get the center channel speaker off the top shelf but I'll probably wait until I build a new TV stand.Image
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 26915
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: TV Setups

Postby Tyler » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:23 pm

So fancy! What are you using for rears?

Get to building a shelf! Doing something like mine?
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1607
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: TV Setups

Postby Corey » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:41 pm

My rears are just the fronts from my old system. I'll do something kinda like yoursImage
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 26915
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: TV Setups

Postby Tyler » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Nice speaker stands you have there... I have the sub behind the couch and it shakes it, it's neat for action movies but not for other stuff.

Image
User avatar
DannyFanny
Top Contributor
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Contact:

TV Setups

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:56 pm

Bought a wall mount from amazon and picked up this soundbar before it sold out
https://slickdeals.net/f/11277331-lg-sh ... e-shipping

Planning to mount the tv and soundbar next weekend. Wire management will probably be atrocious due to my lack of caring.
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 4386
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

TV Setups

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Painting is happening this weekend, tv I will mount next week, and floating entertainment center should be done shortly after.

Painting is difficult to plan with kids btw

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 26915
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

TV Setups

Postby Tyler » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:45 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Bought a wall mount from amazon and picked up this soundbar before it sold out
https://slickdeals.net/f/11277331-lg-sh ... e-shipping
Slick deal! Good buy
Planning to mount the tv and soundbar next weekend. Wire management will probably be atrocious due to my lack of caring.

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post and floating entertainment center should be done shortly after.

Building yourself?
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 4386
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

TV Setups

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:48 pm

Tyler wrote:
DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Bought a wall mount from amazon and picked up this soundbar before it sold out
https://slickdeals.net/f/11277331-lg-sh ... e-shipping
Slick deal! Good buy
Planning to mount the tv and soundbar next weekend. Wire management will probably be atrocious due to my lack of caring.

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post and floating entertainment center should be done shortly after.

Building yourself?
Was going to but Sarah's step dad is going to since wood working is his retirement hobby. He's already built us a few things and they are very good quality.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
User avatar
DannyFanny
Top Contributor
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Contact:

TV Setups

Postby DannyFanny » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:13 pm

Image

I could have lowered the tv a little bit. Plan on building a box/shelf for the sound bar in the near future. At that time I will worry about cable management.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 26915
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: TV Setups

Postby Tyler » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:40 pm

Looks good Danny. Is that a big label on the front of the sound bar? No grill on it?
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1607
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: RE: TV Setups

Postby Corey » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:51 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Image

I could have lowered the tv a little bit. Plan on building a box/shelf for the sound bar in the near future. At that time I will worry about cable management.
Get a sound bar mount instead. It hooks into the TV mount then you are donezo
User avatar
DannyFanny
Top Contributor
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Contact:

TV Setups

Postby DannyFanny » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:34 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Looks good Danny. Is that a big label on the front of the sound bar? No grill on it?



Sticker will come off. No grill on this sound bar, but the sub has one. Only real gripe with it right now.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 26915
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: TV Setups

Postby Tyler » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:38 pm

Good idea Corey. That is a clean look. Post the link to the one you like!
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1607
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: TV Setups

Postby Corey » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:26 pm

Tyler wrote:Good idea Corey. That is a clean look. Post the link to the one you like!
This is the one I have. Check the back of your TV to see if you need the flat one or protruding one. I bought the wrong one but made it work.

https://tinyurl.com/ych54bas
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 26915
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: TV Setups

Postby Tyler » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:15 am

Corey wrote:
Tyler wrote:Good idea Corey. That is a clean look. Post the link to the one you like!
This is the one I have. Check the back of your TV to see if you need the flat one or protruding one. I bought the wrong one but made it work.

https://tinyurl.com/ych54bas
I was expecting that to be a Let Me Google That For You link since it was tinyurl
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1607
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: TV Setups

Postby Corey » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:03 am

Tyler wrote:
Corey wrote:
Tyler wrote:Good idea Corey. That is a clean look. Post the link to the one you like!
This is the one I have. Check the back of your TV to see if you need the flat one or protruding one. I bought the wrong one but made it work.

https://tinyurl.com/ych54bas
I was expecting that to be a Let Me Google That For You link since it was tinyurl
The dumb forum couldn't handle the link properly
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 4386
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

TV Setups

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:43 pm

Current setup. Painting was finished this weekend tv will be mounted soon. It'll be a bit before I have a chance to finish the floating shelf.
MVIMG_20180225_134133.jpg
MVIMG_20180225_134133.jpg (84.21 KiB) Viewed 248 times


Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests