Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

TV Setups

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

TV Setups

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:32 am

If you didn't have cable that would make things easier. And if you didn't insist on a corner mount.
wags83

TV Setups

Postby wags83 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:04 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post If you didn't have cable that would make things easier. And if you didn't insist on a corner mount.

I had it not in the corner when we first moved in, but the room is long and narrow so the corner gives more viewing angles where having it flat against the wall basically gives one good viewing spot. Also, the modem would still have to be there unless I moved it to a different cable line upstairs.
Tyler
Owner

Re: TV Setups

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:22 pm

bmyoungs

TV Setups

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:44 pm

If you have the space that does look great.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:30 am

ARC is making my new TV setup possible, but I'm also sad I had to change things.

My TV is across the room from my receiver. There is a single HDMI cable going from the TV to the receiver. Previously I had all my devices plugged into the receiver and that would switch inputs while TV stayed on HDMI 1 the entire time.

The problem with this is the cable going across the room isn't 4k. Im using the old HDMI via ARC to still control sound, but now I need to use the TVs HDMI inputs. The issue here is i had game consoles in the AV closet plugged into the receiver, now I need to figure out how to plug those directly into the TV that is 30 feet away.

I want to get a working steam link and just keep it plugged in behind the TV. That isn't 4k supported tho :(
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:14 pm

Got my steam link working and behind the TV. The issue was the controller dongle but I have a workaround.

Evie playing Spyro.

Return to “Off Topic”