Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Homeowners

Talk about anything.
SleepyChimera

Homeowners

Postby SleepyChimera » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:36 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I can give you the name of mine

Corey wrote:Source of the post I've got a guy for you.

So turns out she left a digit off on accident.... its $699,999.
On the other hand, I looked it up on Zillow, and now I'm crying and butthurt because it's freaking GORGEOUS.

My heart is broken. Stupid extra 9
Tyler
Owner

Homeowners

Postby Tyler » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:42 am

SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post So turns out she left a digit off on accident.... its $699,999.
On the other hand, I looked it up on Zillow, and now I'm crying and butthurt because it's freaking GORGEOUS.

My heart is broken. Stupid extra 9

LOL!!!!! That makes so much more sense! That is not something you want to mistype when trying to sell your house. Hilarious.
wags83

Homeowners

Postby wags83 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:01 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tyler
Owner

Homeowners

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:19 am

Wireless doorbell for $12.10
https://slickdeals.net/f/10321028-aukey ... hite-12-10

We have a wired doorbell, but lately it hasn't been ringing in the basement. I could investigate that, or just replace it all for $12...

Bought.
wags83

Homeowners

Postby wags83 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:44 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Wireless doorbell for $12.10
https://slickdeals.net/f/10321028-aukey ... hite-12-10

We have a wired doorbell, but lately it hasn't been ringing in the basement. I could investigate that, or just replace it all for $12...

Bought.

I might have to do this as well. We have a doorbell button but nothing in the house for it to chime to so it's just for show I guess.
Tyler
Owner

Homeowners

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:47 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I might have to do this as well. We have a doorbell button but nothing in the house for it to chime to so it's just for show I guess.

Or you can go the Corey route and get a smart one!

$12 is cheap enough for me to give this a try. I like that you can change the tone/volume. Roscoe FREAKS out when the doorbell rings, maybe it won't be as bad if we turn the volume down.
Corey
Site Admin

Homeowners

Postby Corey » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post I might have to do this as well. We have a doorbell button but nothing in the house for it to chime to so it's just for show I guess.

Or you can go the Corey route and get a smart one!

$12 is cheap enough for me to give this a try. I like that you can change the tone/volume. Roscoe FREAKS out when the doorbell rings, maybe it won't be as bad if we turn the volume down.

I wish we had a doorbell wire so I could get a fancier one!
bmyoungs

Homeowners

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Our door bell you have to hold down and it plays it's stupid little tune, or if you press it once like a normal person or makes an annoying short beep

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Homeowners

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:35 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Our door bell you have to hold down and it plays it's stupid little tune, or if you press it once like a normal person or makes an annoying short beep

Time to replace for $12!
bmyoungs

Homeowners

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:56 am

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Our door bell you have to hold down and it plays it's stupid little tune, or if you press it once like a normal person or makes an annoying short beep

Time to replace for $12!

Was already gone when I saw this last night
kyle

Homeowners

Postby kyle » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:33 am

I've been a homeowner for no more than a week and I have already encountered a few problems.

A piece of drywall fell off the wall of our garage, a light went out, and last night we had a gas leak! Fun times!

And I'm sure this is just the beginning :P
wags83

Homeowners

Postby wags83 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:39 am

I chopped down some ugly bushes that were planted way to close to the house last night. Next comes the shitty part of actually digging them out.
Tyler
Owner

Homeowners

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:51 am

kyle wrote:Source of the post A piece of drywall fell off the wall of our garage, a light went out, and last night we had a gas leak!

How does drywall fall off? What was the cause of the gas leak?
Tyler
Owner

Homeowners

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:52 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I chopped down some ugly bushes that were planted way to close to the house last night. Next comes the shitty part of actually digging them out.

n00b. You shouldn't have chopped. Now you don't have anything to attach a rope to. I pulled out some small shrubs with my car and it was easy.
wags83

Homeowners

Postby wags83 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:06 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I chopped down some ugly bushes that were planted way to close to the house last night. Next comes the shitty part of actually digging them out.

n00b. You shouldn't have chopped. Now you don't have anything to attach a rope to. I pulled out some small shrubs with my car and it was easy.

There's still a good base at the bottom. These were very tall, unmanaged bushes that were half way up the side of the house. Although I'm not sure pulling them out with a vehicle will be an option because of where they're placed.
Tyler
Owner

Homeowners

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:24 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Although I'm not sure pulling them out with a vehicle will be an option because of where they're placed.

Change your attitude and anything is possible!
wags83

Homeowners

Postby wags83 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:24 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Although I'm not sure pulling them out with a vehicle will be an option because of where they're placed.

Change your attitude and anything is possible!

I feel so inspired now!
kyle

Homeowners

Postby kyle » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:35 am

kyle wrote:Source of the post A piece of drywall fell off the wall of our garage, a light went out, and last night we had a gas leak!

How does drywall fall off? What was the cause of the gas leak?

The drywall was only held on the bottom by 3 screws and had no support on the top...the garage door opening and closing shook it off i guess?

And the compression fittings on the gas line leading to the dryer were fittings that should only be used for liquid, NOT for gas. So now i have to replace those so we can use our dryer again =/
Tyler
Owner

Homeowners

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:41 am

kyle wrote:Source of the post And the compression fittings on the gas line leading to the dryer were fittings that should only be used for liquid, NOT for gas. So now i have to replace those so we can use our dryer again =/

Woah...you're the only person I've heard of living in the Midwest with a gas dryer. I thought that was more of a coastal thing for some reason.
Donomoto

Homeowners

Postby Donomoto » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:48 am

Tyler wrote:Woah...you're the only person I've heard of living in the Midwest with a gas dryer. I thought that was more of a coastal thing for some reason.

We have a gas dryer in our current house. Which really sucks, because we had a really nice gas dryer that's sitting in our shed until we can rewire our electricity.

Return to “Off Topic”