Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Podcasts

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Podcasts

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:14 am

Jocelyn and I started the Jonestown 5 parter from Last Podcast on the Left. Starts with episode 300, as it's an older one.

Will take us awhile to finish it since we just listen for 20 minute sections while in the car and we don't have any long trips coming up. These guys are funny and informative.

Is their typical structure for 2 guys to research the topic and the 3rd one stays dumb to ask questions? Or do they all research and someone just plays dumb?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Podcasts

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:18 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Jocelyn and I started the Jonestown 5 parter from Last Podcast on the Left. Starts with episode 300, as it's an older one.

Will take us awhile to finish it since we just listen for 20 minute sections while in the car and we don't have any long trips coming up. These guys are funny and informative.

Is their typical structure for 2 guys to research the topic and the 3rd one stays dumb to ask questions? Or do they all research and someone just plays dumb?

So the third dumb guy does a lot more of the management of the podcasts and helped to organize most of the Last Podcast affiliations. He also has a greater role in their actual shows. Marcus and Henry do almost all of the reading/research, while Marcus is definitely the top mind of the research.

Dumb guy also does a separate podcast that he's more passionate about called Abe Lincoln's top hat, where he tries to do objective political discussions.
blake

Podcasts

Postby blake » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:03 pm

Been addicted to "My Favorite Murder" Sorry if someone has mentioned it before in this thread- didn't read through

Basically two ladies that swear a lot telling serial killer stories
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Podcasts

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:09 pm

Quick Question with Soren and Dan. It's basically Soren Bowie and Dan O'Brien, both formally of Cracked, talk to each other for about an hour. They ask each other various questions. This is fun if you liked the Cracked After Hours video series.
Tyler
Owner

Podcasts

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:58 pm

I am loving Reply All. I talked about an amazing2 part story hereand I listened to another one over the weekend that was so good.
The SnapChat Thief
https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/v4he6k

The show does "super tech support" where the nerds try to figure out problems for the listeners. This one was about a girls snapchat being hacked. They go deep into how it happened, the kind of people that hack accounts, why the hack them, how they sell them on ogusernames.com, and even got the hacker on the phone and talked to him. it was soooo interesting. Really scary too how easily hackers can get into your stuff, especially since they can just call your cell phone provider and take your phone number and just reset your account. HIGHLY recommend this episode.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Podcasts

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:09 am

Elijah Wood was a guest start of the episode of NoSleep that I listened to today. S13E01. Was pretty interesting. He played the singer for a metal band called 'Blood of Isaac', and talked about how they got their name after a serial killer named 'Isaac', who drank blood of victims that his cult followers gathered for him.

But then weird things started happening after their last show.... SPOOKY.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Podcasts

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:26 pm

Was listening to the most recent Last Podcast on the Left, and they covered this story. It's a bit long, but this is a ride, read it:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7479061/Mom-claims-Ukrainian-daughter-9-adopted-really-22-year-old-dwarfism.html
Tyler
Owner

Podcasts

Postby Tyler » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:36 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Was listening to the most recent Last Podcast on the Left, and they covered this story. It's a bit long, but this is a ride, read it:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7479061/Mom-claims-Ukrainian-daughter-9-adopted-really-22-year-old-dwarfism.html

This needs to be made into a documentary! I will have to listen to this story.

I've been enjoying Reply All A LOT. They did a whole episode on pizza rat (this is an old episode) and other NY viral rat videos and how it all might have been done by one crazy masked rat trainer who calls herself Zardulu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrsF0cwG8Vo
Tyler
Owner

Re: Podcasts

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:39 pm

I heard Last podcast on left is exclusive to Spotify now. Is this true?
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Podcasts

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:55 pm

Correct. Kind of throws off my podcast mojo as I would cycle an few back log episodes between stuff I'm up-to-date on.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Podcasts

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:03 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Correct. Kind of throws off my podcast mojo as I would cycle an few back log episodes between stuff I'm up-to-date on.
Crazy. Do you need to be a paid Spotify user to listen?
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Podcasts

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:40 pm

Still free as far as I know. I need to catch up on my regular podcasts first.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Podcasts

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:23 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I heard Last podcast on left is exclusive to Spotify now. Is this true?

It is, I'll probably stop listening because of it. Unless I can direct it to their stream

Return to “Off Topic”