Dog

Talk about anything.
wags83

Dog

Postby wags83 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:02 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post They do their home visit tonight

What does that entail?

We got to bring a live human being home from the hospital with less paper work, no references, and no home check.

They basically want to make sure we aren't running a dog fighting training camp at our house.
wags83

Dog

Postby wags83 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:09 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post We got to bring a live human being home from the hospital with less paper work, no references, and no home check.

True but it's a lot harder for you to get rid of Evie than a puppy. They basically go through all of this to make sure you aren't going to get a dog on a whim and then get rid of it once you're bored. Part of the adoption agreement that we'll have to sign is that we won't sell the dog and that if we want to get rid of it, it has to go back to the rescue that we got her from.
Tyler
Owner

Dog

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:20 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post True but it's a lot harder for you to get rid of Evie than a puppy.

That's what you think
Safe-haven laws (also known in some states as "Baby Moses laws", in reference to the religious scripture) are statutes in the United States that decriminalize the leaving of unharmed infants with statutorily designated private persons so that the child becomes a ward of the state.
wags83

Dog

Postby wags83 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:24 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post True but it's a lot harder for you to get rid of Evie than a puppy.

That's what you think
Safe-haven laws (also known in some states as "Baby Moses laws", in reference to the religious scripture) are statutes in the United States that decriminalize the leaving of unharmed infants with statutorily designated private persons so that the child becomes a ward of the state.

Isn't that only for the first however many months of their life? Like, now that Evie is almost 2, can you still just drop her off at a fire station with no consequences?
SleepyChimera

Dog

Postby SleepyChimera » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:03 am

According to Wikipedia:
"Controversy arose out the safe-haven law enacted in Nebraska in July 2008: the Nebraska law in force at the time was interpreted to define a child as anyone under 18,[6] and resulted in the desertion of children older than infants, some as old as teenage years.[7] Under the prior version of the law, at least 35 children were dropped off in Nebraska hospitals in a four-month span, at least 5 of them from other US states.[8] The law was changed in November 2008, allowing only infants up to 30 days old to be surrendered."

Not sure if this means only in NE or USA-wide.

Fun fact also from wiki:
"By 2008, all 50 states had a form of safe-haven law.[11][12] As of 2013, no one has used the law in Alaska.[13]"

Edit:
From childwelfare.gov:
"For example, in approximately 11 States and Puerto Rico, only infants who are 72 hours old or younger may be relinquished to a designated safe haven. Approximately 19 States accept infants up to 1 month old. Other States specify varying age limits in their statutes."

Edit again:
Also from childwelfare.gov, specifically This Link, and about Iowa:

"A newborn infant may be relinquished. The term 'newborn infant' means a child who is, or who appears to be, 14 days old or younger."
Last edited by SleepyChimera on Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ejhartman91

Dog

Postby ejhartman91 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:06 am

This thread has gotten out of control. Please don't abandon your or
CrckrJack

Dog

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:28 am

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post This thread has gotten out of control. Please don't abandon your or

lol.

I remember someone having left a baby at the des moines fire department when I lived there. Not sure what ended up happening there.
ejhartman91

Dog

Postby ejhartman91 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:30 am

CrckrJack wrote:
ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post This thread has gotten out of control. Please don't abandon your or

lol.

I remember someone having left a baby at the des moines fire department when I lived there. Not sure what ended up happening there.
You lived at the fire department? That had to be exciting!
wags83

Dog

Postby wags83 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:43 pm

Lolz to everything. CPT is here to educate and inform, not just entertain.
Tyler
Owner

Dog

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:48 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post We pick her up Tuesday.

How did it go? How was the first day/night at the house? I'm surprised they were open on the 4th for you
Erin

Dog

Postby Erin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:28 am

We went through a rescue so we coordinated pickup with the foster mom when we met her last Wed. I'm glad though that she was willing to meet up with us!

She's doing really well with going potty outside!! No accidents in her kennel, just 1 inside during the night which was my fault- I should have held while struggling to unlock/open the patio doors in my half sleep. She stops though when I pick her up and finishes outside, so is getting there.

She whined a little but not too bad. She seems to do ok with going to her kennel, just doesn't like feeling left alone yet.
Tyler
Owner

Dog

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:35 am

Good on her for not having any major accidents. How old is she?

What kind of crate did you get? Are you able to adjust the size as she grows? If the crate is roomy enough dogs will pee in it, but they won't if they are forced to lie in their own waste.
wags83

Dog

Postby wags83 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:03 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Good on her for not having any major accidents. How old is she?

9 weeks
Tyler wrote:Source of the post What kind of crate did you get? Are you able to adjust the size as she grows? If the crate is roomy enough dogs will pee in it, but they won't if they are forced to lie in their own waste.

It's a wire crate with an adjustable size thing. If I didn't put in the partition to adjust the size, she would definitely have enough room to pee in the corner. I got one big enough for a dog up to 70 lbs because we have no idea how big she'll get.
wags83

Dog

Postby wags83 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:03 pm

Here she is for those of you who aren't facebook friends:
CrckrJack

Dog

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:10 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Here she is for those of you who aren't facebook friends:

o.m.f.g.

THAT IS SUCH A CUTE LITTLE POOP POOP I'M GOING TO CRY
Kath525

Dog

Postby Kath525 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:19 pm

wags83 wrote:Here she is for those of you who aren't facebook friends:

Lets trade Image (that's poop)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wags83

Dog

Postby wags83 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:23 pm

Lol! No thanks.
Erin

Dog

Postby Erin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:24 pm

I love it because Chris was very against having a dog sleep in the bedroom (mainly the bed)...but I mean, she's way too cute and cozy at the foot of our bed!! It's her favorite spot to be.
Tyler
Owner

Dog

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:26 pm

Erin wrote:Source of the post I love it because Chris was very against having a dog sleep in the bedroom (mainly the bed)...but I mean, she's way too cute and cozy at the foot of our bed!! It's her favorite spot to be.

She's sleeping there tonight?!
ejhartman91

Dog

Postby ejhartman91 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:22 pm

Tyler wrote:
Erin wrote:Source of the post I love it because Chris was very against having a dog sleep in the bedroom (mainly the bed)...but I mean, she's way too cute and cozy at the foot of our bed!! It's her favorite spot to be.

She's sleeping there tonight?!
Is she house trained already?

Return to “Off Topic”