Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Brand loyalty

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Brand loyalty

Postby Tyler » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:10 pm

I was at the mall today and while walking past the Oakley store I realized I don't have a lot of brand loyalty. Why would I ever want an Oakley shirt? Is there a brand you really like and go out of your way to buy it?

Some examples I can think of:
people I knew in college only wore Jordan clothing
Huss boys only buy Ford trucks

Some of mine. but I am sure I'll think of more after reading other posts.
Technology: Samsung (phone, tv, laptop), but this probably isn't even true. I would have no problem buying any other brand, I just happen to have Samsung stuff now.
Operating Systems: Windows and Android/Google
Clothing: none. Whatever is cheapest and looks fine
tylersucks

Brand loyalty

Postby tylersucks » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:36 am

I think some of it is handed down from our parents. If we grew up with them only trusting certain brands we will tend to do the same. I like subarus....Xbox and Samsung also. Oh and Keen shoes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Wallinguana

Brand loyalty

Postby Wallinguana » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:58 am

We're a twizzlers family.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Brand loyalty

Postby Tyler » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:23 am

Wallinguana wrote:We're a twizzlers family.

That's a good one. I'm pretty sure we had a twizzlers vs red vine debate on here before. No Glass has ever bought a red vine in their life
bmyoungs

Brand loyalty

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:48 am

I only have a bias towards Cleveland/Srixon golf equipment. But I am sort of staff for them, meaning they give me free equipment.

Aside from that twizzlers no contest, footjoy and ecco golf shoes are all I buy.

Sarah only buys one type of toilet paper so that's probably our biggest brand loyalty in our house
Tag

Brand loyalty

Postby Tag » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:10 am

who did you know in college who only wore jordan?

jake and i had some but only is a stretch
-Tag
*Formerly known as Slumdog Billionaire

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
wags83

Brand loyalty

Postby wags83 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:11 pm

I can't really think of any brand that I'm super loyal to. I do like American Eagle jeans when I guy new ones.
Tyler
Owner

RE: Brand loyalty

Postby Tyler » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:24 pm

Tag wrote:who did you know in college who only wore jordan?
jake and i had some but only is a stretch

Someone from my freshman floor. I never saw him watering anything other than Jordan gear. I don't even think he played basketball
wags83 wrote:I can't really think of any brand that I'm super loyal to. I do like American Eagle jeans when I guy new ones.

I rocked American Eagle jeans exclusively for like ten years. Last year I was at Old Navy and their jeans were on sale for $20 a pair. No more jean brand loyalty for me
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Sarah only buys one type of toilet paper so that's probably our biggest brand loyalty in our house

What kind of toilet paper?! I think my mom only does Charmin (sp). We get whatever I think to grab when we need it. I think Jocelyn's brand was Angel Soft in college.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Brand loyalty

Postby DannyFanny » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:48 pm

no real brand loyalty here. I usually get Sam's Club toilet paper. Buy pants when they're on clearance. Electronics are whatever I feel is the best suited for my needs. I guess the closest thing to brand loyalty would be food related. I'd go out of my way to buy a certain brand of food if they were the same price at two different stores that's generally not the case though.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Brand loyalty

Postby Tyler » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:53 pm

You use to be a big Coke guy, not so much now? I don't really like Pepsi or Coke, but if I had to drink one I would choose Coke.
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Brand loyalty

Postby Huss Buss » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:47 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I was at the mall today and while walking past the Oakley store I realized I don't have a lot of brand loyalty. Why would I ever want an Oakley shirt? Is there a brand you really like and go out of your way to buy it?

Some examples I can think of:
people I knew in college only wore Jordan clothing
Huss boys only buy Ford trucks

Some of mine. but I am sure I'll think of more after reading other posts.
Technology: Samsung (phone, tv, laptop), but this probably isn't even true. I would have no problem buying any other brand, I just happen to have Samsung stuff now.
Operating Systems: Windows and Android/Google
Clothing: none. Whatever is cheapest and looks fine

werd Ferd!

Nike is probably my biggest brand loyalty for me. I like them for workout shoes & clothes, more than just workout. I don't go with them for causal shoes though, that has been Adidas, but that may change.

i always shop at Fareway and get the same brands most of the time for different items. like beans is Bush, dole for most produce, Quaker oats,etc

For tools it has been a switched to Milwaukee for everything. Slowly upgraded over life time, first tool set was ryobi, to craftsman, to dewalt, now to the best. Boscho is good too.
Wallinguana

Brand loyalty

Postby Wallinguana » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:30 pm

Tyler wrote:

You use to be a big Coke guy, not so much now? I don't really like Pepsi or Coke, but if I had to drink one I would choose Coke.

I guess. I really just go with whatever I'm feeling which is usually Coke or Dr Pepper.
CrckrJack

Brand loyalty

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:33 am

I would say that my biggest brand loyalty is to VW.
Also GeForce.
Vans for shoes (i have tried others and they suck, so i just stick with vans now).
I like samsung products a lot, but like Tyler i think it's just because they are on deep sales often.
I will never buy any store brand electronics.
Tyler
Owner

Brand loyalty

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:55 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post I will never buy any store brand electronics.

My Best Buy brand (Dynex) 42" tv is going strong after 5 years. Tag bought the same one I did. It was one slick deal.
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I only have a bias towards Cleveland/Srixon golf equipment.

I figured you had some loyalty when it comes to golf stuff, that seems like a sport where you stick with the same company when you can.
Huss Buss wrote:Source of the post For tools it has been a switched to Milwaukee for everything.

I like Milwaukee tools, but I am too cheap to only buy them like you guys.
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Also GeForce.

My only 2 video cards have been Nvidia, but I was considering the AMD 480.
For personal computers I've only had Intel chips, but I've put AMD processors in family builds and they are happy with them.
DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post I guess the closest thing to brand loyalty would be food related. I'd go out of my way to buy a certain brand of food if they were the same price at two different stores that's generally not the case though.

Is this because of your gluten allergy and diabeetus, or have you always shopped this way?
Huss Buss wrote:Source of the post Nike is probably my biggest brand loyalty for me. I like them for workout shoes & clothes

I have only had Asics for running since HS track/cross country.

Does anyone prefer Hanes vs Fruit of the Loom undershirts? I don't even know which ones I wear, but I've ordered the same ones from Amazon for the last few years. Not really a brand, but I wear dry-fit polos from Kohl's every single day at work.
wags83

Brand loyalty

Postby wags83 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:57 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post My Best Buy brand (Dynex) 42" tv is going strong after 5 years. Tag bought the same one I did. It was one slick deal.

I have an Insignia TV which I think is also a Best Buy brand. That's been going for over 4 years now.
CrckrJack

Brand loyalty

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:58 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Does anyone prefer Hanes vs Fruit of the Loom undershirts? I don't even know which ones I wear, but I've ordered the same ones from Amazon for the last few years. Not really a brand, but I wear dry-fit polos from Kohl's every single day at work.

I have never even tried Fruit of the Loom.

I only buy Express boxers. I have a few really nice American Eagle pairs, but the express ones are just better. If I could afford it I would probably only buy the Calvin Klein ones. Those look comfy AF
Tyler
Owner

Brand loyalty

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:02 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post I only buy Express boxers. I have a few really nice American Eagle pairs, but the express ones are just better. If I could afford it I would probably only buy the Calvin Klein ones. Those look comfy AF

bmyoung's underwear company
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Brand loyalty

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:14 am

I don't really have any brand loyalty. I have products made by certain companies that I will purchase over other companies, but just for that product.

I like AE boxers, and their clothes are cheap af, but I would easily switch to any other brand if their prices matched. I like Pepsi more than coke, but cherry coke more than both.

Cars don't matter to me. I like Android to Apple, but I would give any Android phone a shot.
Tyler
Owner

Brand loyalty

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:18 am

What I'm gathering is that most of us are too frugal to have brand loyalty, with the exception of Hussbuss's tools and Tylersuck's Subaru (even though he doesn't have one at the moment, but this could change literally any day).

I've never experienced $20 boxers, so I am perfectly okay with my Old Navy ones or occasionally on sale Gap
CrckrJack

Brand loyalty

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:26 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post or occasionally on sale Gap

whoa, watch out.

Return to “Off Topic”