Tyler
Owner

Re: Where the babies at?

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:36 pm

We have the recalled tablets, so just children's ibuprofen for us
bmyoungs

Where the babies at?

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:39 pm

We decided this was a good weekend too start sleep training Marshall. It's rough. Any tips from the pros?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Where the babies at?

Postby Tyler » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:58 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post We decided this was a good weekend too start sleep training Marshall. It's rough. Any tips from the pros?

Are you doing the Ferber method? I think this is the link we used. Remember to stick to it and don't cave.

It sounds terrible, but in between the stretches of checking on her we would go in the basement and turn the audio off the baby monitor. We could still watch her over the video, but we couldn't hear her crying. Usually after 30 minutes and checking on her a few times she would be asleep. I know for sure we got out off easy though, it only took 3 nights for Evie to figure out the new system and she has never had a problem going to sleep since.
bmyoungs

Where the babies at?

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post We decided this was a good weekend too start sleep training Marshall. It's rough. Any tips from the pros?

Are you doing the Ferber method? I think this is the link we used. Remember to stick to it and don't cave.

It sounds terrible, but in between the stretches of checking on her we would go in the basement and turn the audio off the baby monitor. We could still watch her over the video, but we couldn't hear her crying. Usually after 30 minutes and checking on her a few times she would be asleep. I know for sure we got out off easy though, it only took 3 nights for Evie to figure out the new system and she has never had a problem going to sleep since.

Yeah that's what we are doing. He actually fell asleep last night after about half an hour. He's not liking naps at all today though.

Tyler
Owner

Where the babies at?

Postby Tyler » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:03 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post He actually fell asleep last night after about half an hour.

That's awesome!
bmyoungs

Where the babies at?

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:12 pm

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post He actually fell asleep last night after about half an hour.

That's awesome!

Now were naps for Evie? He has only had like 2 half hour naps today.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:10 pm

I don't remember her naps being impacted. I think she continued to have a morning and afternoon nap and I think we did the Ferber for naps....But I guess I don't know since that was summer break and Jocelyn did it all.

If only she was here to help...
bmyoungs

Where the babies at?

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:36 pm

Tyler wrote:I don't remember her naps being impacted. I think she continued to have a morning and afternoon nap and I think we did the Ferber for naps....But I guess I don't know since that was summer break and Jocelyn did it all.

If only she was here to help...

Its to bad we don't know anyone who could ask her either
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:22 am

We had a first last night for us, Evie slept in bed with us. We need to get back to our routine now that teething seems to be slowed down. I've kind of been a stickler about having her sleep with us because I know that can be a hard habit to break when their older (and I have a friend who complains all the time about his 3 kids kicking him out of bed), but last night I had to cave. I'm shocked she actually slept, usually when she lays in bed with us she thinks we are trying to play.
bmyoungs

Where the babies at?

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:24 am

Had to go to ER at 1am with the Marshall. He has croup, which was not a fun sound to wake up to at 1am. All's well now after some steroids, just a bit wheezy.

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:07 pm

Oh shit. That is scary! How do you know to go to ER vs "meh, he'll be fine".
bmyoungs

Where the babies at?

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:36 pm

Tyler wrote:Oh shit. That is scary! How do you know to go to ER vs "meh, he'll be fine".

We called the on call nurses. They knew right away what it was and what he would need. If it had been 4 or 5 am instead of 1 we would have waited it out.

For reference croup sounds like a barking seal when a baby coughs.
Donomoto

Where the babies at?

Postby Donomoto » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:51 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Had to go to ER at 1am with the Marshall. He has croup, which was not a fun sound to wake up to at 1am. All's well now after some steroids, just a bit wheezy.

That's got to be super scary. Biggest scare we've had so far is thinking she had an ear infection.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Are you doing the Ferber method? I think this is the link we used. Remember to stick to it and don't cave.

I want to do this for her naps during the day. But Kayla wants to wait until 6 months while she tries a few of the methods she's looked at. We did get lucky and Junie is still sleeping through most of the night. I think she'd be fine if we didn't have to keep putting the pacifier in her mouth. If only she could learn how to put it in the right way by herself...

PacifierPic.jpg
PacifierPic.jpg (108.97 KiB) Viewed 458 times
Tyler
Owner

Where the babies at?

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:02 am

Donomoto wrote:Source of the post I think she'd be fine if we didn't have to keep putting the pacifier in her mouth. If only she could learn how to put it in the right way by herself...

Hahaha, that is great. I think I've told you my pro tip before, but once she is able to put the pacifier in her mouth herself just throw like 4 of them in the crib. If she loses one at night she will have better chances of finding one.
Sarah

Where the babies at?

Postby Sarah » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:24 am

Donomoto wrote:
That's got to be super scary. Biggest scare we've had so far is thinking she had an ear infection.

Yeah it was definitely out scariest baby moment so far. Marshall off course took it in stride and was smiling even while barking like a seal.

Donomoto wrote:If only she could learn how to put it in the right way by herself...

Lol we have those pacifiers too, and he does the same thing with them!

Also use Tyler's method of filling the crib with them to improve the chance he'll find one.
bmyoungs

Where the babies at?

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:21 pm

Sarah wrote:
Donomoto wrote:

Yeah it was definitely out scariest baby moment so far. Marshall off course took it in stride and was smiling even while barking like a seal.

Donomoto wrote:If only she could learn how to put it in the right way by herself...

Lol we have those pacifiers too, and he does the same thing with them!

Also use Tyler's method of filling the crib with them to improve the chance he'll find one.

I thought we put all those pacifiers in the crib so I could find them in the dark!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Werd Brad. Makes it easier on everyone. We need to invent glow in the dark binkies, but I'm sure they exist already.
Sarah

Where the babies at?

Postby Sarah » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:34 pm

Tyler wrote:Werd Brad. Makes it easier on everyone. We need to invent glow in the dark binkies, but I'm sure they exist already.

Ours​ are glow in the dark!

MAM Night Orthodontic Pacifier, Boy, 0-6 Plus Months, 2-Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DYOQMF6/re ... 6ybV3H49RN
Tyler
Owner

Where the babies at?

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:46 pm

Sarah wrote:Source of the post Ours​ are glow in the dark!

There is no such thing as an original good idea. Do they even remotely glow after being in the dark all night? I assume they need to be "charged up" and then it only lasts a few hours.
Sarah

Where the babies at?

Postby Sarah » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Tyler wrote:
Sarah wrote:Source of the post Ours​ are glow in the dark!

There is no such thing as an original good idea. Do they even remotely glow after being in the dark all night? I assume they need to be "charged up" and then it only lasts a few hours.

They glow all night (12 hours) for the most part. Into limited dimming towards the morning. We leave them in his crib all day for the most part so no special light exposure or anything.

Return to “Off Topic”