Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Share a recipe

Talk about anything.
wags83

Share a recipe

Postby wags83 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:08 pm

I added my meatball recipe to the google doc. I'll try to think of some more.
wags83

Share a recipe

Postby wags83 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:04 pm

Btw, what does the "E" stand for before each recipe?
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Share a recipe

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:22 pm

wags83 wrote:Btw, what does the "E" stand for before each recipe?

Clearly you didn't read the key! E- entree. D-dessert. A-side. We don't have anything but entrees right now.

At one point I had another drop down with these 3 options that would filter a 2nd drop down recipes based on that, but it was too complicated.
wags83

Share a recipe

Postby wags83 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:43 pm

You are correct, I did not read the key.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Share a recipe

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:20 am

Erin added another one!
Next week I'll be getting ingredients for some more of these. I think I'll do Wilkin's pork chops and the beer one
wags83

Share a recipe

Postby wags83 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:39 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Erin added another one!
Next week I'll be getting ingredients for some more of these. I think I'll do Wilkin's pork chops and the beer one

That's the one she was adding while we saw her in the doc but she couldn't see us. It's a good one.
Erin

Share a recipe

Postby Erin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:49 am

I did! This is another very simple recipe. I usually cut the veggies ahead and boil chicken ahead to save time at night. Hope others like it, too!
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Share a recipe

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:54 am

I realized a majority of what we make is just dumping the ingredients in without taking measurements. Unless Maria is going off a recipe from her mother (which she almost always refuses to modify) or baking, we use the aforementioned method of cooking.
Last edited by DannyFanny on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler
Owner

Share a recipe

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:59 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post I realized a majority of what we make is just dumping the ingredients in without taking measurements.

Sounds like a lot of people do that. I do not know enough about food science to go rouge on a recipe. Last time I tried I added waaaay too much salt and ruined the dish.
wags83

Share a recipe

Postby wags83 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:17 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post I realized a majority of what we make is just dumping the ingredients in without taking measurements

That's pretty much what I do. I couldn't really give exact amounts, I just try to think of approximately how much I use. As far as veggies and stuff goes, I just use as much as I want to make. Spices I usually just put in until it tastes good.
Erin

Share a recipe

Postby Erin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:34 am

Word. I like recipes for a foundation and inspiration, but unless I'm baking I don't bother measuring. That's why I add "to taste" a lot.
wags83

Share a recipe

Postby wags83 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:19 pm

Here's one that I've made a few times and I actually do stick to the recipe (mostly, I usually use more chicken and also increase the amount of seasonings because of the increased chicken amount).
http://www.cookingclassy.com/white-chicken-chili/
Ingredients

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
1 1/2 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 (8 oz) pkg Neufchatel cheese, cut into 12 slices (aka light cream cheese)
1 1/4 cup fresh corn (frozen works too)
2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, for serving
tortilla chips, for serving (optional)
Directions

Heat olive oil in a 6 quart enameled dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot add chicken and diced onion and saute until chicken is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer. Add chicken broth, green chilies, cumin, paprika, oregano, coriander, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture just to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
Add Neufchatel cheese and stir until nearly melted (it will break down in little bits and will appear to look like separated cheese but it will eventually melt). Stir in corn, and 1 can of Cannellini beans, then process 3/4 of the remaining beans along with 1/4 cup broth from the soup in a food processor until pureed, add bean mixture to soup along with remaining 1/4 can of beans (you can skip the pureeing step and just add the beans directly to soup, the soup just won't be quite as creamy). Simmer about 15 minutes longer. Mix in fresh lime juice and serve with Monterrey Jack cheese, chopped cilantro and tortilla chips for dipping if desired.
Tyler
Owner

Share a recipe

Postby Tyler » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:53 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post We made Erin's gnocchi, Brussels sprouts, and bacon recipe last night. It was the first time either of us had Brussels sprouts. We both liked the dish a lot, but next would would maybe cut the sprouts in half to get them cooked a little bitter/crunchier. The nutmeg/cheese/milk sauce was delicious.

We made this again last week and Jocelyn cut the sprouts in half. This is so delicious. One of my favorite recipes now.
wags83

Share a recipe

Postby wags83 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:11 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post We made Erin's gnocchi, Brussels sprouts, and bacon recipe last night. It was the first time either of us had Brussels sprouts. We both liked the dish a lot, but next would would maybe cut the sprouts in half to get them cooked a little bitter/crunchier. The nutmeg/cheese/milk sauce was delicious.

We made this again last week and Jocelyn cut the sprouts in half. This is so delicious. One of my favorite recipes now.

Depending on how big they are, we cut them in half sometimes too. Usually the frozen bag from Trader Joes has them small enough that we don't have to but fresh ones from the grocery store are often larger.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Share a recipe

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:09 am

Made this Monday night and the day before. Pretty damn good. I reduced the salt by 1/3 (and it was still salty), and used egg noodles instead. Because it takes so long to cook. I prepped everything through step 4 the night before, and then threw it in the slow cooker. My kids even ate this:

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/ ... nese-sauce
Tyler
Owner

Share a recipe

Postby Tyler » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:11 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Made this Monday night and the day before. Pretty damn good.

It's true. I saw a picture of this.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Share a recipe

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Valentines day at home since babysitter (in-laws) had plans. About to open some bubbly.

wags83

Share a recipe

Postby wags83 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:17 pm

You guys love that recipe!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:21 pm

I think it's the 3rd time we've made it. It's very very good. Hits all the right notes.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:35 am

I accidentally got Jocelyn the wrong dressing from Chick-fil-A, but turns out she liked it. It was avacodo ranch and she created her own and it's yummy.

Return to “Off Topic”