Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Netflix News

Talk about anything.
Blue Jackets

Netflix News

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:25 am

2017 premier dates for Netflix content, most of it being originals

This board hasn't changed a lot since I joined, but thoughts on creating a Netflix Originals forum page?
Tyler
Owner

Netflix News

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:41 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post thoughts on creating a Netflix Originals forum page?

Interesting. I'll leave it up to the people, but here are some thoughts that come to mind.

Pros
-some people exclusively only use Netflix. This would be a good way to group that content together for them and have it all under one roof
-be more aware of what Netflix has to offer

Cons
-confusing if shows and tv are together? We could do Netflix has a high level forum and then movies/tv as sub-forms, but is that adding unnecessary segmentation?
-searching is already hard enough on tapatalk since you have to select a forum first, this would add more places to look for things on the app

If I thought "specializing" part of the site to Netflix would promote growth I would be all for it. I'll leave it up to you guys. I think we usually try to include Netflix in the thread title, is that a happy medium?
bmyoungs

Netflix News

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:50 am

I think shows are shows and movies are movies. No need to further segment it based on who provides the content.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
wags83

Netflix News

Postby wags83 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:09 am

I agree with Brad. Mainly because switching between forum segments is already a pain on tapatalk, adding more segments would just make that worse.
Tyler
Owner

Netflix News

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:12 am

The people (mods) have spoken! Probably just good practice to include the network/Netflix in title post anyways.
Blue Jackets

Netflix News

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:44 am

Makes sense to me. Just thought I would throw it out there.
SleepyChimera

Netflix News

Postby SleepyChimera » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:58 am

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I miss the ability to rate a show as "Eh" (2-3 stars for me), but I also find the %age matching interesting. I haven't had time to explore and see if there are any shows I know I dislike that have a high %age for me yet, but I have been rating for so long that I won't be surprised if they are fairly accurate.
Tyler
Owner

Netflix News

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:33 am

SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I miss the ability to rate a show as "Eh" (2-3 stars for me), but I also find the %age matching interesting. I haven't had time to explore and see if there are any shows I know I dislike that have a high %age for me yet, but I have been rating for so long that I won't be surprised if they are fairly accurate.

I'll steal your opinion on it once you have it fully formed. I bet I wouldn't even have noticed the changed if I didn't read about the news here. I am by no means a Netflix power user.
Blue Jackets

Netflix News

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu May 04, 2017 6:22 am

Netflix Has Almost 4x as Many Streaming Subscribers as Comcast has Cable Subscribers
Netflix has surpassed 100 million subscribers this year, their CEO Reed Hastings casually celebrating with a steak dinner at Denny’s last week.

Apple and oranges though. Netflix = worldwide. Comcast = part of the US
Tyler
Owner

Netflix News

Postby Tyler » Thu May 04, 2017 7:00 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Apple and oranges though. Netflix = worldwide. Comcast = part of the US

Bingo. Something Neflix can brag about, but it's not a true comparison at all. A good survey would be how many in Comcast districts have Comcast and Netlfix, only Comcast, or only Netflix.
Tyler
Owner

Netflix News

Postby Tyler » Thu May 25, 2017 7:26 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post ESPN Spends Over One Billion Dollars More on Content Than Netflix, but with 10 Million Fewer Subscribers

ESPN gets ad money though, Netflix does not?

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Netflix cancels The Get Down after 1 season.

I never watched it, but I heard people liked it on some podcasts. One of Netflix's first cancelled series?
Tyler
Owner

Re: Netflix News

Postby Tyler » Thu May 25, 2017 10:02 pm

Blue Jackets

Netflix News

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:24 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post ESPN Spends Over One Billion Dollars More on Content Than Netflix, but with 10 Million Fewer Subscribers

Netflix to Overtake ESPN in 2018 with the Biggest Budget in Television
CrckrJack

Netflix News

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:46 am

The first season of bloodline was so good. I need to watch the next few.
The Killing sounds interesting. I want to say i watched an episode or two of this, but i can't remember.
Tyler
Owner

Netflix News

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:07 am

Purple_Hayes must balance it out for all of us, because I am at zero.

Return to “Off Topic”