Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Google Home (previously: Google's October 4th Event)

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Google Home (previously: Google's October 4th Event)

Postby Tyler » Fri May 13, 2022 7:47 am

The Amazon version is so flat, it can be wall mounted too. I would pay $250 for a Google version in a heartbeat, especially if it can have a monthly calendar view. I could phase out the Dakboard then
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:27 pm

Anyone using todoist through IFTT? Google as been screaming at me for weeks any time I add something to the shopping list that things are changing, but I haven't looked into it
Corey
Site Admin

Postby Corey » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:15 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Anyone using todoist through IFTT? Google as been screaming at me for weeks any time I add something to the shopping list that things are changing, but I haven't looked into it

I am and its definitely breaking for you in a week. They are removing the ability to use variables with it so the add 'x' to shopping list won't work anymore since they are removing the ability to use 'x'. I switched to using Google Keep again for the shopping list when I finally looked into it over the weekend.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:57 pm

Corey wrote:Source of the post I am and its definitely breaking for you in a week. They are removing the ability to use variables with it so the add 'x' to shopping list won't work anymore since they are removing the ability to use 'x'. I switched to using Google Keep again for the shopping list when I finally looked into it over the weekend.

Ugh. Google should say "this will no longer work" not just "An update". That's what I was worried about. Can you do a shared shopping list with Google Keep? So Jocelyn's and my voice add items to the same list? That is why we were using todoist
Corey
Site Admin

Postby Corey » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:20 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
Corey wrote:Source of the post I am and its definitely breaking for you in a week. They are removing the ability to use variables with it so the add 'x' to shopping list won't work anymore since they are removing the ability to use 'x'. I switched to using Google Keep again for the shopping list when I finally looked into it over the weekend.

Ugh. Google should say "this will no longer work" not just "An update". That's what I was worried about. Can you do a shared shopping list with Google Keep? So Jocelyn's and my voice add items to the same list? That is why we were using todoist

No clue on the voice part. Probably not if I had to guess but you can at least have a shared list.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:22 am

The change must have happened. My shopping list is back to Keep. I did nothing to initiate this change

Return to “Off Topic”