Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Google Pixel Phones

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Google Pixel Phones

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Saw you could schedule an appointment ahead of time on the app or website. Neither work for the 5 stores in DSM.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Google Pixel Phones

Postby Tyler » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:55 pm

I tried Waze tonight to see if it was just a Google Maps issue. Waze wouldn't even connect to the GPS. Will go in to the store Friday
bmyoungs

Google Pixel Phones

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:32 pm

Tyler wrote:I tried Waze tonight to see if it was just a Google Maps issue. Waze wouldn't even connect to the GPS. Will go in to the store Friday

I'm glad you tried that too.
Tyler
Owner

Google Pixel Phones

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:23 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Replacement gets here tomorrow. Finally got fed up with my GPS issues. Also it was so annoying going through Google's excellent support service with them asking relevant questions and trying to fix the issue only to have it ruined by Verizon's "tech support"

After running through every step for Google support and their rep calling Verizon for me to explain the issue the first Verizon rep has me completely explain the issue again, tell me to clear the Google maps app data and cache (after doing a factory reset 10 min earlier), make me drive around to test it (they can screen share which I asked them to do and they didn't want to) and then after all this he transfers me to tech support meaning he wasn't tech support in the first place. So I got to do it all over again.

This was a normal day for me when I worked at the Verizon store. I'm so glad I don't have to do this everyday anymore.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just got back from the Verizon store and very happy with my experience.
I told them I was having GPS issues and showed 2 screen shots of me driving down the road and my arrow off in a field or someplace wrong. He suggested I go through Google directly because they might give me a free phone vs a certified one. I said my friend had the same issue and Google couldn't help. He said that's fine and within a minute I was walking out the door and my "new" phone gets here tomorrow.

I was very happy my 2 screenshots were enough proof for him and he didn't make my drive around. I also explained I cleared cached, tried a factory reset, and Waze didn't work either.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:00 pm

My GPS works! Happy with the certified phone so far. I can't see any signs of wear. Put it right into my case and screen protector comes tomorrow

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:31 am

Ugh, now the battery life on my certified phone seems to be awful. Projecting me at like only 15 hours
bmyoungs

Google Pixel Phones

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:34 pm

Tyler wrote:Ugh, now the battery life on my certified phone seems to be awful. Projecting me at like only 15 hours

Mine took a couple days to level out after spending all the time setting it back up. Give it a week, but if it's less than 75% of your previous you may have to swap again.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:05 pm

Good advice. Ill report back next week on it.
Tyler
Owner

Google Pixel Phones

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:41 am

I wonder what Corey's scheme will be to get this phone since his Pixel will be a full year old by then.

This is the 2017 Google Pixel "XL," with low-bezel AMOLED display and squeezable frame

Finally, we believe that the new Pixel XL will have a "squeezable" frame a la HTC U11. The same technology utilized in that phone will allow Pixel owners to squeeze their handset to interact with the Google Assistant in various ways (primarily).
bmyoungs

Google Pixel Phones

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:01 am

I'm content for another year with the pixel. Not sure I like the smaller bezel trend. I enjoy holding my phone without covering the screen.

ejhartman91

Google Pixel Phones

Postby ejhartman91 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:29 am

I'll most likely be upgrading to the new Pixel XL. As long as it's not bigger than the Nexus 6P and has decent battery life. My biggest gripe with all of my phones has been that they can't get through a day without needing a recharge.

Return to “Off Topic”