Site Admin

Google Pixel Phones

Postby Corey » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:22 pm

I have none of these n00b issues
bmyoungs

Google Pixel Phones

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I have had the weirdest issue pretty much the entire time I've had the phone.

When listening to audio the phone will go through a cycle where it will mute for a second and then turn back on. It does it every 30 seconds. When using my podcast app it actually will pause the podcast and then resume. The cycle happens randomly and I can fix it by clearing the system cache.

I also hope they fix Bluetooth issues

Sounds like you need a whole new phone

Meh that's an awful lot of work
Tag

Google Pixel Phones

Postby Tag » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:52 pm

Google Pixel XL user here...

few weird issues, cant get screenshots from Iphone 7's. come in super weird.

group chat, ill miss huge chunks of convo, some texts never coming and work chat will ask me next day why i didnt respond

when i call Ms. tag, first time it goes straight to voicemail and i call back immediately again and its fine.

i know this sounds facetious but its not, other than that i love this phone best phone ive ever had. not sure what to do about that bug crap tho
-Tag
*Formerly known as Slumdog Billionaire

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
Tyler
Owner

Re: Google Pixel Phones

Postby Tyler » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:28 am

Try a factory reset? Those are some weird issues.
bmyoungs

Google Pixel Phones

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Tag wrote:Google Pixel XL user here...

group chat, ill miss huge chunks of convo, some texts never coming and work chat will ask me next day why i didnt respond

when i call Ms. tag, first time it goes straight to voicemail and i call back immediately again and its fine.

i know this sounds facetious but its not, other than that i love this phone best phone ive ever had. not sure what to do about that bug crap tho

Are all group chats with primarily iPhone users? Long time issues with group chats with primarily iPhone users if you are not iPhone.

Calling issue, is it just with your wife? Does she have an iPhone? Is do not disturb mode turned on? Do not disturb would cause this exact issue.

Screenshots could be a scaling issue when being sent. It could be saved in a resolution that is too high for a standard SMS so it lowers the resolution.

Those all make the most sense to me as possible causes. None of these things would likely be solved by a factory reset as they are common non device specific bugs.
ejhartman91

Google Pixel Phones

Postby ejhartman91 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:08 am

Tag wrote:Google Pixel XL user here...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/03/08 ... bug-fixed/
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:40 am

What a very specific issue. You would think all screen shots are treated equally and just sent as an image file.
bmyoungs

Google Pixel Phones

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:43 am

Tyler wrote:What a very specific issue. You would think all screen shots are treated equally and just sent as an image file.

Yeah that is the weirdest device specific bug I've heard of.
bmyoungs

Google Pixel Phones

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:19 pm

Replacement gets here tomorrow. Finally got fed up with my GPS issues. Also it was so annoying going through Google's excellent support service with them asking relevant questions and trying to fix the issue only to have it ruined by Verizon's "tech support"

After running through every step for Google support and their rep calling Verizon for me to explain the issue the first Verizon rep has me completely explain the issue again, tell me to clear the Google maps app data and cache (after doing a factory reset 10 min earlier), make me drive around to test it (they can screen share which I asked them to do and they didn't want to) and then after all this he transfers me to tech support meaning he wasn't tech support in the first place. So I got to do it all over again.

This was a normal day for me when I worked at the Verizon store. I'm so glad I don't have to do this everyday anymore.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:57 pm

Wow. What a PITA. So you bought the phone from Verizon and obviously didn't have the Google insurance on it? Did you have Verizon insurance? Sounds like this is being covered by a warranty but they made you jump through as many hoops as possible.

I'll test my GPS after work. I think I'm still having issues.
bmyoungs

Google Pixel Phones

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:18 pm

Tyler wrote:Wow. What a PITA. So you bought the phone from Verizon and obviously didn't have the Google insurance on it? Did you have Verizon insurance? Sounds like this is being covered by a warranty but they made you jump through as many hoops as possible.

I'll test my GPS after work. I think I'm still having issues.

No insurance just warranty. Verizon deals with all warranty claims (aside from iPhones) for phones they sell. I used the support app on the phone because I generally know the hoops I have to jump through on Verizon's end plus long hold times.

My biggest complaint is there is no matter what Verizon support still has to go through their check list. Even after doing everything under the sun and Google support relaying that info it was still another 45 minute conversation with Verizon. Knowing that, what is the point of using the built in support app on the pixel (which is amazing btw. Put in my info and problem and got a call back instantly) I might as well have just called Verizon from the get go. Oh well lesson learned.
bmyoungs

Google Pixel Phones

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Some screenshots so you can compare to your issue Tyler

I'm on the highway but not near where it says

I'm also not in Boston despite it saying I am literally at that store

Tyler
Owner

Google Pixel Phones

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:47 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I might as well have just called Verizon from the get go. Oh well lesson learned.

Good to know. So if I decide there is an issue I might as well bite the bullet and start with Verizon.
bmyoungs

Google Pixel Phones

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I might as well have just called Verizon from the get go. Oh well lesson learned.

Good to know. So if I decide there is an issue I might as well bite the bullet and start with Verizon.

Yes make sure you factory reset first, try booting into safe mode and as soon as the first rep is on the phone explain the issue and list every step you have tried to fix it. Then ask for tier 2 tech support.

I made the mistake of assuming the first person I spoke with was tier 2.

bmyoungs

Google Pixel Phones

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:48 am

New phone came this morning GPS send to work much better. Will do a bit more testing

Tyler
Owner

Google Pixel Phones

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:34 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post New phone came this morning GPS send to work much better. Will do a bit more testing

I used my GPS this morning to get to work and I had bad results. It took 5 minutes for my arrow to start moving, and then it was never updated in real time and was often facing the wrong way. Every couple minutes it would jump around on the map and never have me on the road. I've been at work awhile now and checked the map and it has my location right. It seems like when I'm moving it can't get a good connection?

I'll try a factory reset tonight. Is it Settings > Backup & Reset > Factory data reset? Didn't know if factory data reset is different than the factory reset I am thinking of.
bmyoungs

Google Pixel Phones

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:26 am

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post New phone came this morning GPS send to work much better. Will do a bit more testing

I used my GPS this morning to get to work and I had bad results. It took 5 minutes for my arrow to start moving, and then it was never updated in real time and was often facing the wrong way. Every couple minutes it would jump around on the map and never have me on the road. I've been at work awhile now and checked the map and it has my location right. It seems like when I'm moving it can't get a good connection?

I'll try a factory reset tonight. Is it Settings > Backup & Reset > Factory data reset? Didn't know if factory data reset is different than the factory reset I am thinking of.

Yep that is exactly what mine did. Yes that is how you do a factory reset. No it will probably not fix the issue.
Tyler
Owner

Google Pixel Phones

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:02 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Yep that is exactly what mine did. Yes that is how you do a factory reset. No it will probably not fix the issue.

I factory reset the other day and haven't thought to try the maps again. I will on my way home if I remember.

I was very surprised how easy it is to backup/restore the phone. My backup was already up to date since that runs in the background often (I guess) and it was quick-ish and easy to restore. Looked like it was never reset, other than having to log into apps again, but LastPass makes that super easy.
bmyoungs

Google Pixel Phones

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:05 am

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Yep that is exactly what mine did. Yes that is how you do a factory reset. No it will probably not fix the issue.

I factory reset the other day and haven't thought to try the maps again. I will on my way home if I remember.

I was very surprised how easy it is to backup/restore the phone. My backup was already up to date since that runs in the background often (I guess) and it was quick-ish and easy to restore. Looked like it was never reset, other than having to log into apps again, but LastPass makes that super easy.

Yeah it's way better than iOS for back up and restore. I hated iCloud restore when I did it every day.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Gosh darn it. This was me driving down Westown to lunch. Wouldn't ever point in the right direction or update. Going to Verizon store tomorrow I guess

Return to “Off Topic”