Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Get LastPass Everywhere: Multi-Device Access Is Now Free!

Talk about anything.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:31 am

Gdi. I just renewed. Only keep premium for Android
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:33 pm

Thanks Corey for the pro tip. Use Duo Mobile for 2 factor. Read how here
https://duo.com/docs/lastpass

Lets you accept a push notification on your phone vs typing in a google authenicator key
SleepyChimera

Postby SleepyChimera » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:01 am

I am mildly confused as to what LastPass is? While I aknowledge that it is horrible that all my passwords are variation on 1 thing, or 2 other possible passwords, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with a company having alllll my passwords.

Sell me on it.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:13 am

SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post I am mildly confused as to what LastPass is? While I aknowledge that it is horrible that all my passwords are variation on 1 thing, or 2 other possible passwords, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with a company having alllll my passwords.

Sell me on it.

Reasons I use it:
1) Ease of use. Download the app. Touch my fingerprint. Boom, log into my saved apps and websites. Get the browser extension and easily log into your sites.
2) Security. I am the same as you, all of my passwords were the same but I changed 1 thing to make it work on that site. Now my passwords are things like: dhdn$3f*&Ddaf4dad2fxca

Lastpass (and all services) use super duper encrypt your individual passwords. LastPass was actually hacked last year and no passwords were obtain (but they still recommenced changing your master password). There are also options where your passwords are saved/encrypted locally on your PC and nothing is saved in the cloud.

But Tyler, if someone guesses my master LastPass password they will then have ALL of my passwords easily at their fingertips. That's where 2-factor comes in. When signing into LastPass for the first time on a new PC (or after 30 days, or changing anything in LastPass settings) you need to also confirm it through a 2nd process. In my case I need to sign into my locked phone and then confirm. So a hacker would need to know my LastPass master password and have my index finger to get into my phone.
SleepyChimera

Postby SleepyChimera » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:58 am

Interesting... So let me propose this situation.

My boyfriend can't remember his passwords to SAVE HIS LIFE. ... Could this be a solution for him to not only have his passwords more secure, but also so he only has to remember one password and have a thumb/index finger for his phone?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:59 am

SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post Interesting... So let me propose this situation.

My boyfriend can't remember his passwords to SAVE HIS LIFE. ... Could this be a solution for him to not only have his passwords more secure, but also so he only has to remember one password and have a thumb/index finger for his phone?

Oh yeah. Thats why I use it. And to be honest, if you ever switch a phone, install lastpass, and itll overlay for all your other apps. Such ease.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:00 am

I set up the DUO last night. It's nice. I started to do it on my phone, and it was awful. Had to go to my desktop in order to finish the process.
SleepyChimera

Postby SleepyChimera » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:10 am

So does anyone have the Premium Version?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:20 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I set up the DUO last night. It's nice. I started to do it on my phone, and it was awful. Had to go to my desktop in order to finish the process.

Good call. I did it all on the desktop so all I had to do was scan my phone.
SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post So does anyone have the Premium Version?

I am guessing most of us do. $12/year is very reasonable and I *think* you need the Premium version for it to work on mobile apps. I also *think* you can use Google Rewards money to pay for it.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:22 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I set up the DUO last night. It's nice. I started to do it on my phone, and it was awful. Had to go to my desktop in order to finish the process.

Good call. I did it all on the desktop so all I had to do was scan my phone.
SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post So does anyone have the Premium Version?

I am guessing most of us do. $12/year is very reasonable and I *think* you need the Premium version for it to work on mobile apps. I also *think* you can use Google Rewards money to pay for it.

I do. It's nice for the android versions. $1/month is completely worth it. I still have leftover google funds from buying my Nexus, so thats what its been going towards.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:32 am

Worth mentioning, that as long as you trust your boyfriend, you could have one paid account and both use it. My wife and I both use my account to save passwords and we both have the app on our phones. I could use it to log into her bank account and she could use it to log into mine, but #married so that doesn't matter.
SleepyChimera

Postby SleepyChimera » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:38 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post you could have one paid account and both use it

I think the only time that would come into issue is when I possibly might get really tempted to see what he buys for me for holidays off amazon or something. I love presents and surprises but sometimes the anticipation kills me haha

... and he won't ever give me helpful clues
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:18 am

Corey shared this with me and now I'm sharing for Wilkins

How to make lastpass icon not show in the status bar (but still be there when you pull down the notification tray:
Try this:
Slide the notification over enough to see the settings icon for it.
Tap the settings icon, and follow to "All Categories."
Tap on the title "Apps running in background."
Select Importance and change it to Low.
While this does not stop the notification from being present, it does make it so that the icon does not appear in the status bar.

Do you have the apps running in background notification always?
There is an app that'll turn it off
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... l=en&gl=us
ejhartman91

Postby ejhartman91 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:12 am

I have the LastPass icon in my quick settings panel. I also have LastPass beta installed so I can use the Android 8.0 native autofill feature.

Return to “Off Topic”