Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Riddles

Talk about anything.
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 2538
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Riddles

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:48 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post What's 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat, and 2/4 goat?

Edit: Nope.
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 8773
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Riddles

Postby wags83 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:05 pm

Donomoto wrote:Source of the post 2.) A thief enters a shop and threatens the clerk, forcing him to open the safe. The clerk says, "The code for the safe is different every day, and if you hurt me you'll never get the code". But the thief manages to guess the code on his own How did he do it?

Is the code "Different every day"? Or I guess it could just be "Different" every day.
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 3759
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Riddles

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:29 pm

Code is the date?
User avatar
itscsalvo
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:31 am
Contact:

Riddles

Postby itscsalvo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:58 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post
Donomoto wrote:Source of the post 2.) A thief enters a shop and threatens the clerk, forcing him to open the safe. The clerk says, "The code for the safe is different every day, and if you hurt me you'll never get the code". But the thief manages to guess the code on his own How did he do it?

Is the code "Different every day"? Or I guess it could just be "Different" every day.

I like this answer. So I'll say the code is "different every day, and if you hurt me you'll never get the code"
User avatar
DannyFanny
Top Contributor
Posts: 2857
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Contact:

Riddles

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:43 am

Donomoto wrote:Source of the post 1.) What's 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat, and 2/4 goat?


Chicago
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22233
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Riddles

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:32 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post
Donomoto wrote:Source of the post 1.) What's 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat, and 2/4 goat?


Chicago

Good work. That looks right
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22233
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Riddles

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:55 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post
Donomoto wrote:Source of the post 2.) A thief enters a shop and threatens the clerk, forcing him to open the safe. The clerk says, "The code for the safe is different every day, and if you hurt me you'll never get the code". But the thief manages to guess the code on his own How did he do it?

Is the code "Different every day"? Or I guess it could just be "Different" every day.

I looked it up since Dom is gone today. You're right.
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 8773
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Riddles

Postby wags83 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:26 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post
Donomoto wrote:Source of the post 2.) A thief enters a shop and threatens the clerk, forcing him to open the safe. The clerk says, "The code for the safe is different every day, and if you hurt me you'll never get the code". But the thief manages to guess the code on his own How did he do it?

Is the code "Different every day"? Or I guess it could just be "Different" every day.

I looked it up since Dom is gone today. You're right.

My only question is, why did the clerk say "If you hurt me you'll never get the code"?
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22233
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Riddles

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:59 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post My only question is, why did the clerk say "If you hurt me you'll never get the code"?

That's a good point.... No idea.
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 2538
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Riddles

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:53 pm

Tyler wrote:
wags83 wrote:Source of the post My only question is, why did the clerk say "If you hurt me you'll never get the code"?

That's a good point.... No idea.

That's what threw me off too
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 2538
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Riddles

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:54 pm

Tyler wrote:
wags83 wrote:Source of the post My only question is, why did the clerk say "If you hurt me you'll never get the code"?

That's a good point.... No idea.

That's what threw me off too
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 2538
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Riddles

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:53 pm

1) Easy: If a red house is made of red bricks, and a blue house is made of blue bricks, what is a green house made of?

2) Medium: A man comes up to the border of a country on his motorbike. He has three large sacks on his bike. The customs officer at the border crossing stop him and asks, “What is in the sacks?”

“Sand,” answered the man.

The guard says, “We’ll see about that. Get off the bike.”

The guard takes the sacks and rips them apart; he empties them out and finds nothing in them but sand. He detains the man overnight and has the sand analysed, only to find that there is nothing but pure sand in the bags. The guard releases the man, puts the sand into new bags, lifts them onto the man’s shoulders and lets him cross the border.

A week later, the same thing happens. The customs officer asks, “What have you got?”

“Sand,” says the man.

The officer does another thorough examination and again discovers that the sacks contain nothing but sand. He gives the sand back to the man, and the man again crosses the border.

This sequence of events repeats every day for the next three years. Then one day, the man doesn’t show up. The border official meets up with him in a restaurant in the city. The officer says, “I know you’re smuggling something and it’s driving me crazy. It’s all I think about. I can’t even sleep. Just between you and me, what are you smuggling?”

What is the man smuggling?

3)Hard: A cabin, locked from the inside, is perched on the side of a mountain. It is forced open, and thirty people are found dead inside. They had plenty of food and water. How did they die?
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22233
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Riddles

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:09 pm

1)
► Show Spoiler


2)
► Show Spoiler


3)
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 2538
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Riddles

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:16 pm

Tyler wrote:1)
► Show Spoiler


2)
► Show Spoiler


3)
► Show Spoiler


Correct on 1. Logic makes sense on 2. 3= nope.
User avatar
DannyFanny
Top Contributor
Posts: 2857
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Contact:

Riddles

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:24 pm

1 is obvious
2.
► Show Spoiler

3.
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 2538
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Riddles

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:25 pm

DannyFanny wrote:1 is obvious
2.
► Show Spoiler

3.
► Show Spoiler

2 is same guess as Tyler. Same logic. 3 is a nope. Although I'd watch that movie
User avatar
DannyFanny
Top Contributor
Posts: 2857
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Contact:

Riddles

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:27 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post
DannyFanny wrote:1 is obvious
2.
► Show Spoiler

3.
► Show Spoiler

2 is same guess as Tyler. Same logic. 3 is a nope. Although I'd watch that movie



2.
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 2538
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Riddles

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:27 pm

DannyFanny wrote:
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post
DannyFanny wrote:1 is obvious
2.
► Show Spoiler

3.
► Show Spoiler

2 is same guess as Tyler. Same logic. 3 is a nope. Although I'd watch that movie



2.
► Show Spoiler

Nailed it
User avatar
DannyFanny
Top Contributor
Posts: 2857
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Contact:

Riddles

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:30 pm

Ok 3 is dumb.
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 2538
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Riddles

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:31 pm

I'll post a spoiler to three in the morning

Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests