Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Exercise equipment and working out

Talk about anything.
ejhartman91

Postby ejhartman91 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:32 pm

Update: ended up getting 5 50lb bags of all purpose gravel. Less than $5 per bag at Home Depot. This was suggested by someone in a review on Amazon. Perfect amount of weight in the base now. Definitely needed a funnel though. Sand would have been easier but likely messier and more prone to leaking.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: Exercise equipment and working out

Postby Tyler » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:59 pm

Sounds like a workout just filling it. Good work doing your research. Hope you never have to move it. Is it in a basement?
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:56 pm

Tyler wrote:Sounds like a workout just filling it. Good work doing your research. Hope you never have to move it. Is it in a basement?
He'll be so swole soon moving it will be a sinch

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
ejhartman91

Postby ejhartman91 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:42 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Sounds like a workout just filling it.

It was interesting. I tried the first bag without a funnel and it took me about half an hour to get the entire bag in, and I spilled a bunch on the floor. Once I had the funnel I did the remaining 4 bags in like 30 minutes total with very minimal spillage.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Hope you never have to move it. Is it in a basement?

It's definitely weighted down nicely, but it's not too bad to move. Yes it is in the basement, along with the rest of my fitness equipment. When we finish the basement I plan to put down workout flooring to cover half the living space.

Return to “Off Topic”