Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Summer Plans 2017

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Summer Plans 2017

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:36 am

What's everyone got going on this summer? Vacations, leagues, kid events, etc.

May be going to Chicago in a few weeks. James (brother in law) has a weight lifting competition there. He still isn't sure if he lifts Thursday/Friday or Saturday. That may impact if we go or not.

In June we are going out to LA to spend a week with my sister/BIL. My parents and brother are going as well. Will be fun to have the entire family (including grandkids) together for a full week. In LA we will probably do Disney, beach, Hollywood, zoo for the kids. I would like to see some shows being filmed, but I am having a hard time finding tickets for June. Not sure if they take the month off or if the schedule isn't posted that far out. I would also like to do Universal Studios with no kids #selfish

Jocelyn has all summer off. Her and Evie will be getting pool memberships since the pool is like a 5 minute walk from our house. We also want to get a family pass for the zoo here when those tickets go on sale. Last summer Evie didn't even like sitting in the grass, this year she goes to the window or door and asks if she can go "ouide?"
bmyoungs

Summer Plans 2017

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:51 am

Work my ass off. Will try to schedule things so I rarely have to work past 4. Just trying to survive this summer and see Marshall as much as possible

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
SleepyChimera

Summer Plans 2017

Postby SleepyChimera » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:00 am

Renaissance Faires for me as much as I can hope for. Previous years work has gotten in the way of me going to a lot of them, but the potential locations are: Peoria, IL , Souix City, IA/NE, here in DSM, Heavener, OK (though I probably won't make this one since the LoZ Symphony is in town #priorities). There are probably other ones too. Maybe a location in Indiana. I'm probably forgetting some...
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Summer Plans 2017

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:31 am

Hopefully get some outside work done on my house. House and deck need to be repainted. Get an estimate for the shingling the garage and maybe having the tree in the back yard taken out. No vacations planned, might just take a week off to do these things.
Tyler
Owner

Summer Plans 2017

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:46 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Get an estimate for the shingling the garage

How many layers are on it? Do the old need to be ripped off or just put the new one top? If it's just putting new on top we can do it!

I would like to do some light landscaping after we get back from LA. Not sure if it will happen this year or not. Would only take a weekend to knock out the front.
wags83

Summer Plans 2017

Postby wags83 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:55 am

We are in the process of house hunting right now so I assume we will be moving at some point this summer.

My sister is going to be having a baby this week and they've already scheduled the baptism for the 4th of July weekend, so we will be going to Chicago for that.

Going up to Lutsen, MN for Memorial Day weekend at the end of May. Renting a cabin with some friends so that will be fun. Not much else as far as vacations go since we have our big trip planned for the fall.

I think we have 1 wedding to go to this summer.
Tyler
Owner

Summer Plans 2017

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:00 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post We are in the process of house hunting right now so I assume we will be moving at some point this summer.

Dang millennials thinking they want to rent and then realizing they should just buy a house

wags83 wrote:Source of the post they've already scheduled the baptism for the 4th of July weekend, so we will be going to Chicago for that.

Who does that?! Skip it.

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I think we have 1 wedding to go to this summer.

I think we are up to 3, but 2 of them are on the same weekend. I'm an usher in Storm's wedding. #blessed.
Does September count as summer? If so, 4 weddings. That is when Wilkins gets married and I'm in that wedding too. #doubleblessed
Tag

Summer Plans 2017

Postby Tag » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:27 am

7 day cruise in June super excited got a balcony and MIL watching kiddos.

In Iowa from July 15-30.
-Tag
*Formerly known as Slumdog Billionaire

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Summer Plans 2017

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:37 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post How many layers are on it? Do the old need to be ripped off or just put the new one top? If it's just putting new on top we can do it!

I have to get the rafters supported first. One of them is sagging.
Corey
Site Admin

Summer Plans 2017

Postby Corey » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:02 am

Ashley has ruined so many holidays!
Sarah

Summer Plans 2017

Postby Sarah » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Survive with an infant and much less husband than I'm used to. I was spoiled all winter, relying on Brad a ton when I went back to work. Now that the course got him back I'll actually have to remember how to do the dishes sometimes, maybe even mow the lawn!
wags83

Summer Plans 2017

Postby wags83 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I think we are up to 3, but 2 of them are on the same weekend. I'm an usher in Storm's wedding. #blessed.
Does September count as summer? If so, 4 weddings. That is when Wilkins gets married and I'm in that wedding too. #doubleblessed

We do have my sister's wedding also but that's not until October. The summer one is one of Erin's friends.
Erin

Summer Plans 2017

Postby Erin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:55 pm

All that Chris mentioned and hopefully finding a weekend where we can go camping. Duluth was a good time last year, so maybe that or another area that has bike trails and breweries.
Tyler
Owner

Summer Plans 2017

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Erin wrote:Source of the post bike trails and breweries.

Des Moines has bike trails and a lot fewer breweries than the Minni-apple, but we have some!
Corey
Site Admin

Re: Summer Plans 2017

Postby Corey » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:24 pm

Probably camp a few times. Need to book a weekend at gooseberry falls. Come with us chris
wags83

Summer Plans 2017

Postby wags83 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Corey wrote:Source of the post Probably camp a few times. Need to book a weekend at gooseberry falls. Come with us chris

That looks neat! Let us know when you're going.
blake

Summer Plans 2017

Postby blake » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:19 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
Erin wrote:Source of the post bike trails and breweries.

Des Moines has bike trails and a lot fewer breweries than the Minni-apple, but we have some!

How many in Des Moines now? I honestly bet SF is right there or close
blake

Summer Plans 2017

Postby blake » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:21 am

Would like to do a family vacation this year. Possible a large drive to California and visit Jordan. Depends how busy I get this summer with storms (claims adjuster hail)

Otherwise nothing special planned other than be outside as much as possible and enjoy the weather
Tyler
Owner

Summer Plans 2017

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:24 am

blake wrote:Source of the post Possible a large drive to California and visit Jordan

Is he still in Hollywood making movies?
blake

Summer Plans 2017

Postby blake » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:59 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
blake wrote:Source of the post Possible a large drive to California and visit Jordan

Is he still in Hollywood making movies?

Yes. Currently working on the movie "Spinning Man" and I believe they start filming next month. Pierce Brosnan is the lead in this one

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5616294/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

He was at the Berlin Film Festival a month or two ago and goes to the Cannes Film Festival in France soon

Return to “Off Topic”