Talk about anything.
JocelynJane

Wedding shtuff

Postby JocelynJane » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Kath525 wrote:
JocelynJane wrote:! I would have done some things differently in retrospect

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Such as??

I mostly would have changed who I married, probably.

Oh, and...

I think it is more looking at other people's decorations/dresses/colors and saying "I wish I would have done that!"

Also, our fresh flowers were so beautiful... But that also could have been a chunk of a down payment on a house... Money put towards my (future) kid's college fund... And they just die weeks later!

My parents saved up for my wedding and took care of almost everything, which I totally appreciate and am so grateful for. However, since my two brothers are MEN and that's not tradition for the groom's family to pay... They got help with college loans instead. I'm not sure which was the better deal. It feels inherently sexist; but I do appreciate not having to pay for our own wedding. #firstworldproblems

Kath525

Wedding shtuff

Postby Kath525 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:46 pm

JocelynJane wrote:

Also, our fresh flowers were so beautiful... But that also could have been a chunk of a down payment on a house... Money put towards my (future) kid's college fund... And they just die weeks

Yes! I thought of this and so we are thinking mostly silk flowers. My bouquet will be real and we might have some potted plants but mostly fake. I want real flowers so badly but there are other things I rather have more-like bomb entertainment for example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SleepyChimera

Wedding shtuff

Postby SleepyChimera » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:06 am

My friend is having a LotR-esque wedding. Nothing overtly obvious but shes making her own treats (seed cakes, cheeses, and a few other hobbit like treats). And we made her invitations. Every night after work she would come over and print off the invites. Then we burned the edges, stained them in black tea, baked them to dry them faster and make them a bit more stiff and old feeling, and then she folded them, gave them a wax seal, and wrote names on them. She slipped those in real envelopes (not homemade) and shipped them out that way. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Edit: she personally (and her hubs) drew the names. Her wedding is this September.
All in all I think it took us..... idk.. 20 hours max to figure out the best method, and make like... 150 invites? (not including her drawing the names)
Last edited by SleepyChimera on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler
Owner

Wedding shtuff

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:09 am

SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post Every night after work she would come over and print off the invites. Then we stained them in black tea, baked them to dry them faster and make them a bit more stiff and old feeling, and then she folded them, gave them a wax seal, and wrote names on them.

You're a good friend for helping with all this.
SleepyChimera

Wedding shtuff

Postby SleepyChimera » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:11 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post You're a good friend for helping with all this.

If I didn't she probably would have murdered someone.. I'm also recording snippets of each side of the wedding preparing and stuff to put together a little memory video. Aanndd I'm running the music cues during her wedding (out compromise since I hate dresses and thus am not a bridesmaid like she originally wanted lol)
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Wedding shtuff

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:37 am

SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post You're a good friend for helping with all this.

If I didn't she probably would have murdered someone.. I'm also recording snippets of each side of the wedding preparing and stuff to put together a little memory video. Aanndd I'm running the music cues during her wedding (out compromise since I hate dresses and thus am not a bridesmaid like she originally wanted lol)

Dang, thats awesome.
megatron

Wedding shtuff

Postby megatron » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:34 am

Kath525 wrote:
JocelynJane wrote:

Also, our fresh flowers were so beautiful... But that also could have been a chunk of a down payment on a house... Money put towards my (future) kid's college fund... And they just die weeks

Yes! I thought of this and so we are thinking mostly silk flowers. My bouquet will be real and we might have some potted plants but mostly fake. I want real flowers so badly but there are other things I rather have more-like bomb entertainment for example

We found some really nice looking fake flowers at hobby lobby. All of mine were fake, and really the only one that matters is your bouquet. I did a big bunch of spider lilies that I LOVED.

megatron

Wedding shtuff

Postby megatron » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:36 am

I'm still waiting to hear from Corey on his opinions of our wedding....

Tyler
Owner

Wedding shtuff

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:48 am

megatron wrote:Source of the post I'm still waiting to hear from Corey on his opinions of our wedding....

Remember when he said the week long Microsoft conference he attended was better than your wedding and honeymoon?
CrckrJack

Wedding shtuff

Postby CrckrJack » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:23 am

SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post I'll see if I can find a pic.

This is so cool!!!!!!!!
CrckrJack

Wedding shtuff

Postby CrckrJack » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:23 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Remember when he said the week long Microsoft conference he attended was better than your wedding and honeymoon?

lol irl
Tyler
Owner

Wedding shtuff

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:25 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post

This is so cool!!!!!!!!

Oh nice, I didn't see that she edited her post.

That is movie prop quality! Good work Sleepy!!
Kath525

Wedding shtuff

Postby Kath525 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:29 am

CrckrJack wrote:

This is so cool!!!!!!!!

Those are so bomb!!! Tim and I are hoping to cut costs with the invitations so this is what we have so far. I hope it doesn't take 20 hours to put all these together! Image

kyle

Wedding shtuff

Postby kyle » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:00 am

One thing I will suggest is getting a videographer! We had a friend do video for our wedding and we have NO REGRETS.

He gave us all the raw footage after, and even put together a cute little video for us! Video below in case you are curious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq_FgqlnCXI
CrckrJack

Wedding shtuff

Postby CrckrJack » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:14 pm

TLDW
CrckrJack

Wedding shtuff

Postby CrckrJack » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:27 am

kyle wrote:One thing I will suggest is getting a videographer! We had a friend do video for our wedding and we have NO REGRETS.

He gave us all the raw footage after, and even put together a cute little video for us! Video below in case you are curious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq_FgqlnCXI
I ended up watching most of this. Super cute! I think we are going to end up getting one since they aren't terribly expensive. Apparently a friend of ours watches theirs like every weekend

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: Wedding shtuff

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:24 am

That was a nice video! My parents have a nice digital camcorder so we paid a buddy just to film everything. It obviously wasn't nearly as nice as this edited video, but we ended up with like 2 hours of footage. Jocelyn's mom watches it more than what would be normal.
megatron

Wedding shtuff

Postby megatron » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:13 pm

Our uncle video tapped our wedding and some reception and was going to edit it for us. 4 years later and we still haven't seen it lol probably better to get a professional!

Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Wedding shtuff

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:21 pm

megatron wrote:Our uncle video tapped our wedding and some reception and was going to edit it for us. 4 years later and we still haven't seen it lol probably better to get a professional!

You should just ask for the raw footage.
Kath525

Wedding shtuff

Postby Kath525 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:58 pm

Making things official now!

Return to “Off Topic”