Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Wedding shtuff

Talk about anything.
Kath525

Wedding shtuff

Postby Kath525 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:09 pm

I doubt many people will find this an very interesting topic but it's literally all I want to talk about so I thought it was worth making a board out of.
Since getting engaged I would say I spend about 30 hours a week (all on the clock obviously) doing some sort of wedding planning or researching.
Currently having a dress dilemma. What if Tim doesn't like my dress? You can say he won't care all you want but Tim will care if he doesn't like it.
Be honest- has anyone straight up disliked their wife's dress? (If your wife if on here don't feel obligated to respond).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Wedding shtuff

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:15 pm

I will like Janelle's dress no matter what. Her shoes on the other hand are fucking atrocious, but she loves them, so all the power to her.

Wedding planning was my thing for awhile. Now it's down to decorations, and I couldn't give af.
Kath525

Wedding shtuff

Postby Kath525 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:31 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I will like Janelle's dress no matter what. Her shoes on the other hand are fucking atrocious, but she loves them, so all the power to her.

Wedding planning was my thing for awhile. Now it's down to decorations, and I couldn't give af.

If I was about to marry someone as hot as Janelle I think I would feel the same way haha
What is wrong with her shoes? Tim said the ones I got were fun but they are really tall and I'm not trying to make Tim look like a Hobbit in our pictures.

I like planning so much but also I get really stressed so the sooner it's done being planned the sooner I can relax. Also it will be nice to pay for stuff now and not worry about that either!

I have a lot of ideas about decorations but I'm worried it won't come together though.
Also, minimalism is a huge thing right now and you would think that anything that minimizes volume or amount of items would cut costs but it doesn't. I feel like I spent a million dollars to decorate the table with leaves.
Tyler
Owner

Wedding shtuff

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:33 pm

Kath525 wrote:Source of the post Be honest- has anyone straight up disliked their wife's dress? (If your wife if on here don't feel obligated to respond).

This has to rarely happen. I had no idea what Jocelyn's dress would look like, but since I knew enough about her style I knew the dress would be perfect on her. I didn't even consider not liking her dress and it all worked out. She looked beautiful that day.

We were very fortunately and Jocelyn's mother helped a lot with the wedding. I didn't even get invited to tour venues.
Tyler
Owner

Wedding shtuff

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:34 pm

Kath525 wrote:Source of the post Tim said the ones I got were fun but they are really tall and I'm not trying to make Tim look like a Hobbit in our pictures.

Jocelyn has been wearing flats since 2012. We are basically the same height and doesn't like looking taller than me in pictures. She'll take the heels out of storage for girl nights though.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Wedding shtuff

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Kath525 wrote:Source of the post What is wrong with her shoes?

Her shoes are like all floral and weird.

Janelle is making almost all the decorations herself. We literally spent a month gathering sticks that were a certain look, and spray painting them. Also, by we, I mean her. I didn't do any of that.
Tyler
Owner

Wedding shtuff

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:39 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Her shoes are like all floral and weird.

I assume her dress will be covering them 95% of the day, unless she got a wedding skirt.
CrckrJack

Wedding shtuff

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:41 pm

Kath525 wrote:Source of the post (all on the clock obviously)

lol
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Wedding shtuff

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:42 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Her shoes are like all floral and weird.

I assume her dress will be covering them 95% of the day, unless she got a wedding skirt.

True. That's why she compromised and got them. By compromise, I mean she didn't care what I said, she was getting those shoes anyway.
Tyler
Owner

Wedding shtuff

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:47 pm

I also assume all girls bring an entourage with them to try on wedding dresses? A good friend isn't going to let the bride-to-be get an awful dress that the husband wouldn't like?
CrckrJack

Wedding shtuff

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I also assume all girls bring an entourage with them to try on wedding dresses? A good friend isn't going to let the bride-to-be get an awful dress that the husband wouldn't like?

Kathryn bought hers with her deeply religious grandma and step-mom.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Wedding shtuff

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:52 pm

Haha, so this reminds me. Janelle has all these very creative ideas for center pieces, and she absolutely loves them. I like them too. She sent pictures to her sisters and some of her friends.

Their responses:

"Okay"
'Wow, very fall-like"

Janelle hates them lol.
Kath525

Wedding shtuff

Postby Kath525 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:00 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Haha, so this reminds me. Janelle has all these very creative ideas for center pieces, and she absolutely loves them. I like them too. She sent pictures to her sisters and some of her friends.

Their responses:

"Okay"
'Wow, very fall-like"

Janelle hates them lol.

Hahah that's how Tim has been to me about most things and it drives me nuts but I think unless he says "yuck" he means "awesome!"

Kath525

Wedding shtuff

Postby Kath525 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Tim is a lot more passionate about his dislikes than his likes

Kath525

Wedding shtuff

Postby Kath525 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:41 pm

Early August outdoor wedding: full suit/tux or just vest??

JocelynJane

Wedding shtuff

Postby JocelynJane » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:51 pm

What do you mean I looked beautiful THAT DAY?! Do I not look beautiful EVERY DAY?! Omg, we are breaking up.
But seriously, that was very sweet of you to say, Ty.
Wedding planning is so much stress for one day! I would have done some things differently in retrospect, but I have memories of my family and friends having fun... And that's what we wanted most!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
CrckrJack

Wedding shtuff

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:47 pm

JocelynJane wrote:Source of the post I would have done some things differently in retrospect, but I have memories of my family and friends having fun... And that's what we wanted most!

I just want all of my guests to get really really drunk.
Kath525

Wedding shtuff

Postby Kath525 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:12 pm

JocelynJane wrote:! I would have done some things differently in retrospect

Such as??
Kath525

Wedding shtuff

Postby Kath525 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:12 pm

CrckrJack wrote:
JocelynJane wrote:Source of the post I would have done some things differently in retrospect, but I have memories of my family and friends having fun... And that's what we wanted most!

I just want all of my guests to get really really drunk.

I dont

bmyoungs

Wedding shtuff

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:40 pm

No one here came to our wedding so obviously it was the best

Return to “Off Topic”