Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Chris Wagner - rugby question. (kind of)

Talk about anything.
JocelynJane

Postby JocelynJane » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:43 am

As a former rugby player, Chris, is there as much hype about the New Zealand All Blacks as I am led to believe?
I only ask because our superintendent is OBSESSED with them. Their culture/unity is what he wants us to emulate. He made all administrators and coaches read their book, and has had us watch the video below numerous times. Which is awkward sometimes because, like, we are teachers... Not rugby players. Can you imagine a bunch of elementary teachers doing that as a ritual before the school day?!

https://youtu.be/yiKFYTFJ_kw

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:52 am

Haha, that would be strange to see a bunch of teachers trying to do that. As far as rugby goes, the All Blacks are probably the most popular team. If I remember correctly, they're one of the most successful teams of any sport as far as winning percentage and championships. Obviously people also think their haka dance that they do before games is neat too. Honestly, I've never gotten super into watching professional rugby other than the world cup and the olympics. I'll watch it if I happen to see it's on but I don't have any real rooting interests.
JocelynJane

Postby JocelynJane » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:14 am

He is also making us read a book about the best teams in sports history from around the world, and the All Blacks are the only team on there twice (80s team, 00s team).
The book described in great detail how the team's captain, Buck Shelford, got spiked in the groin during a 1986 match against France. He kept playing, only to later notice in the locker room that his SCROTUM has been punctured and one testicle was HANGING, almost detached. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit.
But I assume that happened to you often.

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:16 am

I think business professionals should be required to read that as well.
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:25 am

man look at all those hunks
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:26 am

JocelynJane wrote:Source of the post He is also making us read a book about the best teams in sports history from around the world, and the All Blacks are the only team on there twice (80s team, 00s team).
The book described in great detail how the team's captain, Buck Shelford, got spiked in the groin during a 1986 match against France. He kept playing, only to later notice in the locker room that his SCROTUM has been punctured and one testicle was HANGING, almost detached. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit.
But I assume that happened to you often.

This is so weird.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:36 am

JocelynJane wrote:Source of the post But I assume that happened to you often.

Multiple times per game, of course.
megatron

Postby megatron » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:07 pm

So many tongues! What the men:women ratio on your team Jocelyn? I feel like making this connection wouldn't go far with a lot of you. (Not that women can't like sports, obvi I'm a prime example, I'm just generalizing)

wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:20 pm

megatron wrote:Source of the post So many tongues! What the men:women ratio on your team Jocelyn? I feel like making this connection wouldn't go far with a lot of you. (Not that women can't like sports, obvi I'm a prime example, I'm just generalizing)

Sexist.
JocelynJane

Postby JocelynJane » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:51 pm

Well, on our teacher teams it is probably a 10:1 ratio women:men, or something like that. But on our administrative team it is probably closer to an equal amount of men and women, because there are so many female coaches. He has had both sets of teams watch that video multiple times... I remember the first time we watched it I turned to the person I was sitting by and said "That's a lot of testosterone!"

megatron

Postby megatron » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:52 pm

wags83 wrote:
megatron wrote:Source of the post So many tongues! What the men:women ratio on your team Jocelyn? I feel like making this connection wouldn't go far with a lot of you. (Not that women can't like sports, obvi I'm a prime example, I'm just generalizing)

Sexist.
Ugh I figured someone would try to pull that card...

Return to “Off Topic”