Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Question of the Day

Talk about anything.
bmyoungs

Question of the Day

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:55 am

Have you guys been involved in a pay it forward drive thru, did you keep it going or end it? Would you hate it if you ordered a cup of coffee but felt obligated to pay for someone's full meal? Would you ever start one?

I hate the idea, while it seems kind it really only makes the initiator feel good. Everyone else including go the employees just feels obligated to continue.

My wife was in one today so that's what prompted this

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
wags83

Question of the Day

Postby wags83 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:42 am

I've never been in one, but I agree with you. It's really only "nice" if the person ahead can tell that the person behind really needs it (how would they ever really know?). Otherwise, it just makes for awkward situations. Just let me buy my coffee and be on my way.
Tyler
Owner

Question of the Day

Postby Tyler » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:19 am

I think there have been two times in my life where I got to the drive through window and the cashier said "the car in front of you already paid for your meal", but neither times did the cashier say it was ongoing or ask me if I wanted to do the same for the car behind me....so I just got a free meal. One of the 2 was on a very stressful roadtrip so the gesture meant a lot, but I honestly didn't even consider paying for the car behind me because I was caught off guard.

If the cashier said "You are the 57th car, do you want to do it?!?" I probably would.
bmyoungs

Question of the Day

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:28 am

Tyler wrote:I think there have been two times in my life where I got to the drive through window and the cashier said "the car in front of you already paid for your meal", but neither times did the cashier say it was ongoing or ask me if I wanted to do the same for the car behind me....so I just got a free meal. One of the 2 was on a very stressful roadtrip so the gesture meant a lot, but I honestly didn't even consider paying for the car behind me because I was caught off guard.

If the cashier said "You are the 57th car, do you want to do it?!?" I probably would.
I imagine if I was the cashier I'd want it to end ASAP

Tyler
Owner

Re: Question of the Day

Postby Tyler » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:42 pm

Normal food that grosses you out?
Cottage cheese. family all loves it. I've tried it before and don't mind it. But it just weirds me out that I can't try it again
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:22 pm

Ketchup. Can't stand the smell. If it's an ingredient in food (meatloaf, sloppy joes), I won't turn that down. However I won't add it to food.
bmyoungs

Question of the Day

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Plain mustard. Honey mustard yes, spicy mustard sometimes. But just plain yellow F that

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:12 am

Kcup or coffee pot at home. We are a kcup fimaily because Jocelyn will only have 1 cup on weekdays and then we both have 1 on weekends. During the week I wait to get free coffee at work.

Now that we are both home all day everyday we drink more coffee. I should have bought a coffee pot day 1 of WFH. Maybe still will.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:17 am

Tyler wrote:Kcup or coffee pot at home. We are a kcup fimaily because Jocelyn will only have 1 cup on weekdays and then we both have 1 on weekends. During the week I wait to get free coffee at work.

Now that we are both home all day everyday we drink more coffee. I should have bought a coffee pot day 1 of WFH. Maybe still will.
Kcup tastes burnt to me...I also drink a lot more than one cup, so we brew.

wags83

Question of the Day

Postby wags83 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:50 am

Coffee pot for us, though Erin is usually the only one who drink coffee at home.
bmyoungs

Question of the Day

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:22 am

This is what we have. It's wonderful. Easy to dispense into a regular or travel mug. Has a washable filter, and seems to brew a bit stronger than other drip coffee makers we've had

We have considered also getting a Keurig for when Sarah or I want a single cup of evening coffee Image

Corey
Site Admin

Postby Corey » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:00 pm

This thread inspired us to get a coffee pot instead of kcups. Using 3-4 between Meg and I with me working from home was super wasteful. Having the ability to also do kcups is nice though whenever I start going back to work when I usually don't drink coffee at home during the week. Image
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:38 am

You both are so fancy. I was thinking just a $20 machine. Kurig dual mode machine must be pricey. Get that at Walmart today when you were there?

Edit. I think it's just on a jcup drawer but I'm leaving my comment
Corey
Site Admin

Question of the Day

Postby Corey » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:23 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post You both are so fancy. I was thinking just a $20 machine. Kurig dual mode machine must be pricey. Get that at Walmart today when you were there?

Edit. I think it's just on a jcup drawer but I'm leaving my comment

I got it at Sam's Club but it is at Walmart also. It was $80. Yes that is a kcup drawer.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:49 am

Dollar general had no coffee pots in stock. F
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Re: Question of the Day

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:46 pm

Tyler wrote:Dollar general had no coffee pots in stock. F
They do now! Going to keep the kcup on the counter for now, but if we only do pots on the morning will probably put it in storage until I return to work.

It was overwhelming to pick coffee grounds. So many options. I got some"high end" ones. Image
ejhartman91

Question of the Day

Postby ejhartman91 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:14 pm

Get a grinder and buy whole beans. It makes way better coffee. Also, don't use tap water...

wags83

Question of the Day

Postby wags83 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:28 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I got some"high end" ones.

Folger's? I hear it's the best part of waking up.
bmyoungs

Question of the Day

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:47 pm

We have a grinder but we also use tap water. There's a noticeable difference in grinding our own vs pre ground.

ejhartman91

Question of the Day

Postby ejhartman91 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:51 pm

Also when you buy beans look for a roasting date and try to choose a bag with the most recent roasting date. Or just try to buy from local coffee shops/roasters. They will typically have the freshest roasted beans for sale.

Return to “Off Topic”