Tyler wrote:
Corey wrote:Source of the post Advil, which is also ibuprofen

TIL I guess. You are just paying more for the brand
But LiquiGels!
Tyler
Owner

Re: Question of the Day

Postby Tyler » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:26 am

You're in a long line at the checkout. A different Lane opens. Person in back usually gets there first, but that's kind of BS since they have been waiting the shortest time. Do you let someone in front of you go to the new Lane if they easily can?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:28 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post You're in a long line at the checkout. A different Lane opens. Person in back usually gets there first, but that's kind of BS since they have been waiting the shortest time. Do you let someone in front of you go to the new Lane if they easily can?

I always let someone go in front of me, unless i have like one item.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:30 am

Question of the day 2 so I don't forget. Completely hypothetical, definitely didn't happen this week
You set a jug of laundry detergent on the dryer, but while running, it falls to the floor and spills everywhere. Do you:
1) Clean it all up
2) Walk away
3) Leave it on the floor and clean it up, one dirty towel at a time, and use it to wash your clothes for a week.
wags83

Question of the Day

Postby wags83 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:54 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post You're in a long line at the checkout. A different Lane opens. Person in back usually gets there first, but that's kind of BS since they have been waiting the shortest time. Do you let someone in front of you go to the new Lane if they easily can?

I feel like I normally would let the person in front of me go unless they are about to be helped in the current line.
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Question of the day 2 so I don't forget. Completely hypothetical, definitely didn't happen this week
You set a jug of laundry detergent on the dryer, but while running, it falls to the floor and spills everywhere. Do you:
1) Clean it all up
2) Walk away
3) Leave it on the floor and clean it up, one dirty towel at a time, and use it to wash your clothes for a week.

My immediate reaction would be to just clean it up but your 3rd option is intriguing.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:56 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post

I feel like I normally would let the person in front of me go unless they are about to be helped in the current line.
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Question of the day 2 so I don't forget. Completely hypothetical, definitely didn't happen this week
1) Clean it all up
2) Walk away

My immediate reaction would be to just clean it up but your 3rd option is intriguing.

Well I'm glad that you think so, because that's definitely what we did.
wags83

Question of the Day

Postby wags83 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:58 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Well I'm glad that you think so, because that's definitely what we did.

Definitely what you WOULD HAVE done had that actually happened to you this week...which it didn't.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:59 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Well I'm glad that you think so, because that's definitely what we did.

Definitely what you WOULD HAVE done had that actually happened to you this week...which it didn't.

True true true true.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Lolz at cleaning it up with 1 towel at a time. No waste that way I guess
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:38 am

High beams. Ever use them? Ever forget to turn them off? Ever drive a red Ford Taurus behind me for 15 minutes on the way to work this morning with them on?
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Question of the Day

Postby Tyler » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:08 am

Blue Jackets wrote:High beams. Ever use them? Ever forget to turn them off? Ever drive a red Ford Taurus behind me for 15 minutes on the way to work this morning with them on?
I almost never ever use high beams because I don't want to be that guy.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:17 am

Yeah, I never use them unless there is nobody around.
Tyler
Owner

Question of the Day

Postby Tyler » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:21 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Yeah, I never use them unless there is nobody around.

I don't even then. I should use them on Scott Ridge between Carlisle and Indianola because that is where I hit a deer and almost hit another one the other day, but I still don't think to turn them on. I should get better about that.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:39 am

I usually use them on a ten mile stretch just north of my house that is pretty windy and woodsy. Lots of deer in that area.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:25 pm

Sprite. 7up. Sierra Mist

I grew up in a 7up family but have slowly switched to Sprite. I don't buy any soda for myself for the house, but try to keep a 12 pack of Sprite on hand as a caffeine free treat. Sprite is also easier for kids to say so I assume that's why all parents pick it over the other 2.
Corey
Site Admin

Re: RE: Re: Question of the Day

Postby Corey » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:29 pm

Tyler wrote:Sprite. 7up. Sierra Mist

I grew up in a 7up family but have slowly switched to Sprite. I don't buy any soda for myself for the house, but try to keep a 12 pack of Sprite on hand as a caffeine free treat. Sprite is also easier for kids to say so I assume that's why all parents pick it over the other 2.
None. 7up reminds me of being sick as a kid so I never have that. I'd always choose a mountain dew or any cola over those as well
wags83

Question of the Day

Postby wags83 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:04 am

Yeah, we usually only drank 7up when we were sick and it definitely reminds me of that. I think I have a few cans of Sprite at home, but really the only reason I have any pop at home is to offer drink options to other people when we host parties. Except for root beer, I do have a root beer every once in a while.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:05 am

I don't drink any of them. I remember having 7Up when I sick as child also. I wonder how that became the soda to give sick kids. Is that just an Midwest thing?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:59 pm

I too had 7up when sick, but it wasn't the ONLY time I would drink it. They say now adays that dwrk soda is better for your stomach when you're sick, not 7up
wags83

Question of the Day

Postby wags83 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:16 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post They say now adays that dwrk soda is better for your stomach when you're sick, not 7up

I wonder why that would be.

I assume 7up and Sprite were used since they're non-caffeinated, so you don't get a bunch of hyper, sick kids running around.

Return to “Off Topic”