Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Question of the Day

Talk about anything.
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 11371
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Question of the Day

Postby wags83 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:03 pm

I think we normally have it closed. Have a baby monitor to hear the kid, plus his room is right next to ours so could probably hear him anyway.
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 4580
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Question of the Day

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:15 pm

We've been open but now we put a remote temp sensor in son's room so it stays warmer if we close our door too.

There's no heat in the hallway where the nest is so if we set it to 68 the bedrooms would get to 70+ before it shut off. Now it stays a reasonable temp but only if door is closed.

Life is tricky sometimes

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 29930
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Question of the Day

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Staying with the sleep theme. Those with dogs, in your bed, dog bed, floor or in crate at night? After 7 years (Roscoe is getting old!) Roscoe is finally sleeping in his own dog bed. We've tried multiple versions in and off through the years with no success. It really took moving to a new house for him to claim the dog bed as his own space. Before that it was start in bed and then sleep on floor when/if kicked out.

I should point one of my Wyze cameras at it during the day to see if that's where he naps or not, but I think it is probably by the front door in the rug.
User avatar
ejhartman91
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:12 pm
Contact:

Question of the Day

Postby ejhartman91 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:31 pm

Blue Jackets wrote:Do you sleep with your bedroom door open or closed? My wife and I still debate this.
Closed. Don't any of you know about fire safety?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 29930
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Question of the Day

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:17 am

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post Closed. Don't any of you know about fire safety?

Image
User avatar
ejhartman91
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:12 pm
Contact:

Question of the Day

Postby ejhartman91 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:44 pm

User avatar
ejhartman91
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:12 pm
Contact:

Question of the Day

Postby ejhartman91 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:46 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Those with dogs, in your bed, dog bed, floor or in crate at night?

We have 2 dogs. They were both crated at night for the first year. After the first year we gave them free roam in the bedroom at night. Our older dog (also bigger by about 20 lbs.) sleeps in the one dog bed we have in the room. The other dog switches between bed and floor when it's warmer/he has longer fur (groomed 3x a year).
User avatar
ejhartman91
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:12 pm
Contact:

Question of the Day

Postby ejhartman91 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post After 7 years (Roscoe is getting old!) Roscoe is finally sleeping in his own dog bed. We've tried multiple versions in and off through the years with no success. It really took moving to a new house for him to claim the dog bed as his own space.

We taught our first dog the command "bed". You just get them to lie down in it and once they do you throw them a treat and say "Bed!" It's like a version of stay but centered around laying in the bed. After enough repetitions of that training exercise he'll take a liking to any bed I'd guess.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 29930
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: Question of the Day

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:43 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:https://closeyourdoor.org/
Thanks for the info.

How do I save the kids in time of my door is closed?! I guess her door is closed too so I can break out of my window and into hers....all within 3 minutes.
User avatar
ejhartman91
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:12 pm
Contact:

Question of the Day

Postby ejhartman91 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:47 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post How do I save the kids in time of my door is closed?! I guess her door is closed too so I can break out of my window and into hers....all within 3 minutes.

The point is that if you close your door and hers you'll have more time before the fire breaks into the room (potentially killing you) or (more likely) you (and/or your child) die of smoke inhalation.
Wow, this turned pretty brutal really fast. Fires are dangerous, yo.
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 11371
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Question of the Day

Postby wags83 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Our dog sleeps on her own dog bed in our room. She usually lays on our bed with us until I turn off the TV and then she goes to her own bed.
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 4061
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Question of the Day

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:51 pm

Our dog always sleeps in our bed. And her father fatness always rolls into me, no matter where she starts. If she knows I'm annoyed she will jump down and wait for me to fall asleep and jump back up.

I sleep on the couch a lot

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 29930
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Question of the Day

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:56 pm

I'm sleeping with the door closed. Ethan better be proud!
We'll see if toddler tries to come in at 530am again
User avatar
ejhartman91
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:12 pm
Contact:

Question of the Day

Postby ejhartman91 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:14 pm

Tyler wrote:I'm sleeping with the door closed. Ethan better be proud!
We'll see if toddler tries to come in at 530am again
Good! Safety first!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 29930
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Question of the Day

Postby Tyler » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:24 pm

Dumb things you pride yourself on.
How quickly I get into the car and drive, and how quickly I get out after parking. I'll be half way into the store before Jocelyn even gets out of the car and I'm the one to take Evie out as well.
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 4580
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Question of the Day

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:09 pm

Tyler wrote:Dumb things you pride yourself on.
How quickly I get into the car and drive, and how quickly I get out after parking. I'll be half way into the store before Jocelyn even gets out of the car and I'm the one to take Evie out as well.
I notice sometimes I feel like Im closing my driver side door and putting my car into gear at the same time.



Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 29930
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Question of the Day

Postby Tyler » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:12 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I notice sometimes I feel like Im closing my driver side door and putting my car into gear at the same time.

We are the same! I'm not dumb, I know Jocelyn stalls when getting out of the car because it means I will get Evie, but still. The second the car is in park I am hopping out.
User avatar
Huss Buss
Top Contributor
Posts: 2971
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:21 pm
Contact:

Question of the Day

Postby Huss Buss » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:45 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post How do I save the kids in time of my door is closed?! I guess her door is closed too so I can break out of my window and into hers....all within 3 minutes.

The point is that if you close your door and hers you'll have more time before the fire breaks into the room (potentially killing you) or (more likely) you (and/or your child) die of smoke inhalation.
Wow, this turned pretty brutal really fast. Fires are dangerous, yo.

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post How do I save the kids in time of my door is closed?! I guess her door is closed too so I can break out of my window and into hers....all within 3 minutes.

The point is that if you close your door and hers you'll have more time before the fire breaks into the room (potentially killing you) or (more likely) you (and/or your child) die of smoke inhalation.
Wow, this turned pretty brutal really fast. Fires are dangerous, yo.


correct, fires are extremely dangerous today due to all the synthetic materials, burns faster and hotter. We are even told to close the door behind us when we go inside to control ventilation
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 4061
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Question of the Day

Postby cwilkins88 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:19 am

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I notice sometimes I feel like Im closing my driver side door and putting my car into gear at the same time.

We are the same! I'm not dumb, I know Jocelyn stalls when getting out of the car because it means I will get Evie, but still. The second the car is in park I am hopping out.
My kids can buckle their own carseats now. Game changer

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
User avatar
ejhartman91
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:12 pm
Contact:

Question of the Day

Postby ejhartman91 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:50 am

Ok here's one I've always wanted to know. Toilet lids in your house. Open or closed? We keep ours closed. I think growing up at my parents' house they were always left open but at some point in my life I decided I preferred them closed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests