Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Mayweather vs McGregor

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Mayweather vs McGregor

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:06 am

I won't be watching this live, but I'm curious to watch the highlight real. Most think McGregor will get DQ'd since he is an MMA fighter and won't be able to restrict himself to just boxing.

McGregors wiki page says he is a professional boxer though. I've heard people call him professional MMA fighter and amateur boxer though?
CrckrJack

Mayweather vs McGregor

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:27 am

I definitely won't be watching this unless i happen to be at a bar/restaurant that has it.
wags83

Mayweather vs McGregor

Postby wags83 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:43 pm

I would like to see it but I definitely won't be ordering the pay-per-view. I wish McGregor would knock out Mayweather because Mayweather is a POS, but I don't think that will happen. Unless, like you say, he reverts back to MMA fighting and lands a sweet round kick to Mayweather's face.
Tag

Mayweather vs McGregor

Postby Tag » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Ty... im not sure who the "most" people are that think he will be DQ'd cause they couldnt be more wrong. Its explicitly written in his contract that if he uses any mma stuff he voids his payday, which is 200 million plus... he has never boxed professionally.

I will be rootin' McGregor however theres a hurricane headed our way saturday so might be bigger things at play.

Just dont root for Mayweather, hes a really bad human unfortunately. Only reason they doing this gimmick fight is because he owes the IRS like 100 million dollars or something.
-Tag
*Formerly known as Slumdog Billionaire

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
wags83

Mayweather vs McGregor

Postby wags83 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:10 pm

Tag wrote:Source of the post im not sure who the "most" people are that think he will be DQ'd cause they couldnt be more wrong.

Yeah, I actually hadn't heard anyone actually predict this other than saying it as a joke.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Mayweather vs McGregor

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:34 pm

/leave
Tyler
Owner

Re: Mayweather vs McGregor

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:53 pm

Mayweather winning because McGregor gets DQ'd is 10/1 odds. That's what my coworkers were talking about. Count it
Tag

Mayweather vs McGregor

Postby Tag » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:46 pm

sucker bets are always around lol. surprised its not higher. McGregor is a hot headed idiot but hes not that dumb to lose 200 plus million.

i want mcgregor to win. mayweather, as a human being is bad very bad
-Tag

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
wags83

Mayweather vs McGregor

Postby wags83 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:59 am

Did anyone watch?

Corey and I watched a stream in Big Screen on the Rift. It was neat but I think there was an issue with so many people be on because it was not a smooth stream for me at all. Actually ended up being a better fight than I thought but the end result was as expected.

It's kinda funny how complimentary they both were to each other once the fight was over after all the shit they were talking about each other during this whole promotional campaign.
Wallinguana

Mayweather vs McGregor

Postby Wallinguana » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:53 pm

I watched with some friends. I wish they would have let it go a little longer.
Tag

Mayweather vs McGregor

Postby Tag » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:54 pm

Wags- thats how McGregor is every fight, hes a showman. his whole calling out and being a jerk before is to get a rise out of people and get them excited. seems like hes actually a cool laid back dude. just a show man.

I watched, really enjoyed it. McGregor won the first 3 rounds. (won 4 of first 8) just ran out of gas. Could tell he was inexperienced.
-Tag

wags83

Mayweather vs McGregor

Postby wags83 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Tag wrote:Source of the post McGregor won the first 3 rounds. (won 4 of first 8) just ran out of gas.

I was surprised by this. Had he just landed a couple more good hits early on, he would have had a good chance to win. You could tell he was spent though after the 4th or 5th round and it was all Mayweather after that.
wags83

Mayweather vs McGregor

Postby wags83 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:00 pm

Wallinguana wrote:Source of the post I watched with some friends. I wish they would have let it go a little longer.

It would always be cool to see a bit more, but McGregor had hardly done anything in the 8th or 9th rounds and could hardly defend himself in the 10th when they stopped it.

Return to “Off Topic”