Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Reoccurring Dreams

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Reoccurring Dreams

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:45 am

I'm sure we all have some and I wouldn't be surprised if we shared the same ones.

My main one isn't original at all and I have it once a quarter or so. I'm back in school (usually HS or college, but occasionally grade school). I'm never the appropriate age for the class, it's more of a Billy Madison scenario where I had to go back to school and finish something that I skipped over. Not uncommon for me to be carrying 500lbs of books in my bookbag and I am trying to get to class before it starts. Slowly during the dream I start to realize this is dumb; I'm an adult with a full time job, who cares if I didn't finish the surprise assignment that required me to go back to school.
Wallinguana

Reoccurring Dreams

Postby Wallinguana » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:14 am

I get something like that a lot. I'm late for class and don't know where it is. Lately it has been work related more than school though. Unrelated to that, I also often have the ability to "fly" which is more of a really good jump that I can maintain and move around.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Reoccurring Dreams

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:33 am

My reoccurring dreams are usually some version of a horror scenario, but it always starts halfway through. I'm always pretty hosed and sometimes die.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Reoccurring Dreams

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:41 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post My reoccurring dreams are usually some version of a horror scenario, but it always starts halfway through. I'm always pretty hosed and sometimes die.

You need to stop watching so many spooky movies, damn...
wags83

Reoccurring Dreams

Postby wags83 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:54 pm

I have some weird "back in school" dreams, but more often I have dreams where I'm back working at Hy Vee but I'm still my same age and have my regular job. It's usually a case of not being able to get to work in time at Hy Vee or the work sucking and by the end I think "I don't need this job" and wake up.
Tyler
Owner

Reoccurring Dreams

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:56 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post "I don't need this job" and wake up.

You don't need them but they need you!
JocelynJane

Reoccurring Dreams

Postby JocelynJane » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:19 am

I always have the dream that I am back in college, signed up for a class, and forgot to go all semester. I usually remember halfway through and think about going, then keep forgetting. Cue grovelling for a chance to make up the work. Then not being able to graduate on time.
Probably has to do with being a very anxious perfectionist. :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Reoccurring Dreams

Postby DannyFanny » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:57 pm

usually back in school or previous job scenarios. Never really remember them just the settings.
Tyler
Owner

Reoccurring Dreams

Postby Tyler » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:15 am

Semi-occurring one last night. I'm back in HS as an adult and on the track team. I'm questioning why I'm running track against teenage kids and decide to quit. However, last night's was a little different because Terry Crews was the track coach and he encouraged me to quit because I should be at home in the evenings raising my daughter, not going to track meets.
wags83

Reoccurring Dreams

Postby wags83 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:50 am

Terry knows that family comes first.
CrckrJack

Reoccurring Dreams

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:46 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Semi-occurring one last night. I'm back in HS as an adult and on the track team. I'm questioning why I'm running track against teenage kids and decide to quit. However, last night's was a little different because Terry Crews was the track coach and he encouraged me to quit because I should be at home in the evenings raising my daughter, not going to track meets.

LOL

Return to “Off Topic”