Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

What is your stupidest injury?

Talk about anything.
Wallinguana

Postby Wallinguana » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:10 pm

wags83 wrote:
Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post But the best part about that was when I went to physical therapy the next day they said it looked better than it had at any other PT appointment.

What is the point of PT for a 2nd(?) degree burn? It's not like you pulled a muscle. Is it just you sitting in a chair thinking really hard about growing better skin?

Parts were 3rd degree. I can't remember the exact name of what they had to do (I wanna say it was called "scaling" or something) but it was basically I sat with my leg in a whirlpool thing for a while to soften up the dead skin, then the therapist would come in and peel off the layers of dead skin with a tweaser kind of thing. It actually hurt quite a bit for parts of it.

Is it sloughing?
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:41 am

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:I rode my bike into the back of a parked car.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
When was this? What was the injury?
4th grade, I'm certain I had a concussion but never went to the doctor I was blacked out for a good bit and woke up to the car owners standing over me asking who I was and what happened. And I chipped my tooth.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:03 am

Wallinguana wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:
Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post But the best part about that was when I went to physical therapy the next day they said it looked better than it had at any other PT appointment.

What is the point of PT for a 2nd(?) degree burn? It's not like you pulled a muscle. Is it just you sitting in a chair thinking really hard about growing better skin?

Parts were 3rd degree. I can't remember the exact name of what they had to do (I wanna say it was called "scaling" or something) but it was basically I sat with my leg in a whirlpool thing for a while to soften up the dead skin, then the therapist would come in and peel off the layers of dead skin with a tweaser kind of thing. It actually hurt quite a bit for parts of it.

Is it sloughing?

Haha, it wasn't that bad.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:07 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post 4th grade, I'm certain I had a concussion but never went to the doctor I was blacked out for a good bit and woke up to the car owners standing over me asking who I was and what happened.

That ain't good! No helmet I assume?

Return to “Off Topic”