Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

What is your stupidest injury?

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Mine.
Tearing ligaments in my ankle in the 7th grade. I was in a second story bedroom throwing a homemade parachute out of window attached to a toy frog. I was trying to throw it out the window and run down the stairs fast enough to catch it. I jump down the first landing and landed on my ankle wrong. To this day I swear I heard the sound of a rubber band snapping. My mom later took me to the ER and I had to be a in a brace for quite awhile. I didn't play any sports that year. I was given PT exercises to do after the accident and of course I didn't because I was young and dumb. That ankle is now weak and I can easily twist it. I think I posted pictures from 3 years ago when I last twisted it and it swelled up huge.

I've broken my collarbone, arm, and gotten stitches, but none of those were stupid injuries; more just a kid being a kid.
Wallinguana

Postby Wallinguana » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:33 pm

I set my hand on fire with a citronella candle.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:05 pm

One of my friends pushed me in some metal bleachers when I was a freshman in high school. It hurt like hell, but I didn't think anything of it. Iy still hurt an hour later so I rolled up my jeans and the metal had cut my leg on the side of the bone where my shin is. Had to get like 11 stitches or something. Even after showing it to someone, they still didn't want to take me to the doctor for another few hours

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: What is your stupidest injury?

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:09 pm

How were your jeans not coated in blood?
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: What is your stupidest injury?

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Wallinguana wrote:I set my hand on fire with a citronella candle.
Only after you were playing with matches.
Wallinguana

Postby Wallinguana » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:44 pm

Tyler wrote:
Wallinguana wrote:I set my hand on fire with a citronella candle.
Only after you were playing with matches.

Corey was playing with matches too!
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:16 pm

I rode my bike into the back of a parked car.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: What is your stupidest injury?

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:33 pm

bmyoungs wrote:I rode my bike into the back of a parked car.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
When was this? What was the injury?
Corey
Site Admin

Postby Corey » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:20 pm

I broke my pinky diving for a "bad pass" while playing invisible football in the snow at recess in 7th grade.
Wallinguana

Postby Wallinguana » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:44 pm

Corey wrote:I broke my pinky diving for a "bad pass" while playing invisible football in the snow at recess in 7th grade.

Did you catch it?
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Re: What is your stupidest injury?

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:45 pm

Corey wrote:I broke my pinky diving for a "bad pass" while playing invisible football in the snow at recess in 7th grade.
We may have a winner
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:46 am

Tyler wrote:How were your jeans not coated in blood?
They were after awhile. I didn't notice because my leg went numb and we were in the dark

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:03 am

Corey wrote:Source of the post I broke my pinky diving for a "bad pass" while playing invisible football in the snow at recess in 7th grade.

Lol! I remember this.

Mine has to be when I burnt the hell out of my leg at Vreeman's bonfire right after graduation. Had to go to physical therapy for a few weeks that summer and had my leg wrapped up for a while.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:08 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Mine has to be when I burnt the hell out of my leg at Vreeman's bonfire right after graduation. Had to go to physical therapy for a few weeks that summer and had my leg wrapped up for a while.

You left out the best part of the story. The day after you were in the hospital we went floating down a river and you thought it would be a good idea to put your bag in a trash bag to keep it dry and not infected with river water. Cut to later in the day when the bag was filled with water and your fresh burns were soaking in it even when we weren't in the river.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:12 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post Mine has to be when I burnt the hell out of my leg at Vreeman's bonfire right after graduation. Had to go to physical therapy for a few weeks that summer and had my leg wrapped up for a while.

You left out the best part of the story. The day after you were in the hospital we went floating down a river and you thought it would be a good idea to put your bag in a trash bag to keep it dry and not infected with river water. Cut to later in the day when the bag was filled with water and your fresh burns were soaking in it even when we weren't in the river.

I think it was a little while after, not the very next day. But the best part about that was when I went to physical therapy the next day they said it looked better than it had at any other PT appointment.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:14 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post But the best part about that was when I went to physical therapy the next day they said it looked better than it had at any other PT appointment.

What is the point of PT for a 2nd(?) degree burn? It's not like you pulled a muscle. Is it just you sitting in a chair thinking really hard about growing better skin?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:30 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post But the best part about that was when I went to physical therapy the next day they said it looked better than it had at any other PT appointment.

What is the point of PT for a 2nd(?) degree burn? It's not like you pulled a muscle. Is it just you sitting in a chair thinking really hard about growing better skin?

Parts were 3rd degree. I can't remember the exact name of what they had to do (I wanna say it was called "scaling" or something) but it was basically I sat with my leg in a whirlpool thing for a while to soften up the dead skin, then the therapist would come in and peel off the layers of dead skin with a tweaser kind of thing. It actually hurt quite a bit for parts of it.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:50 am

Sounds like the most satisfying job ever for them though!
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:08 pm

Corey wrote:Source of the post I broke my pinky diving for a "bad pass" while playing invisible football in the snow at recess in 7th grade.

LOL i am snickering about htis so hard at my desk at work!!! I have never played invisible football before and the idea of it is just so funny to me. Why would anyone play this? It's not like it's hard to find a football.

My worst injurty is when my tire got stuck between the grass and the sidewalk and I somersaulted over the handle bars and landed on my face. Not a stupid injury, but one of my worst. I don't have stupid injuries.
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Postby Huss Buss » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:54 pm

i guess just deciding to jump off a lift about 12' up.

Return to “Off Topic”