Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Disney in talks to buy 21st Century Fox

Talk about anything.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:18 am

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21st-ce ... urces.html

Interesting article... This would be HUGE for Marvel if this happened. If Disney aquired the movie portion of Fox... Most of Marvel's properties would be back under the one umbrella. That would mean X-Men and Fantastic Four could be done correctly. I hope they go through with this.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:33 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21st-ce ... urces.html

Interesting article... This would be HUGE for Marvel if this happened. If Disney aquired the movie portion of Fox... Most of Marvel's properties would be back under the one umbrella. That would mean X-Men and Fantastic Four could be done correctly. I hope they go through with this.

It's not like X-Men were terrible movies, as long as you don't include the Wolverine Origins bullshit. I don't think I want an X-Men reboot or ANOTHER fantastic four reboot. You already had niptuck guy and Hannibal as Dr. Doom. If they didn't save the franchise, no one will.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:40 am

cwilkins88 wrote:It's not like X-Men were terrible movies, as long as you don't include the Wolverine Origins bullshit. I don't think I want an X-Men reboot or ANOTHER fantastic four reboot. You already had niptuck guy and Hannibal as Dr. Doom. If they didn't save the franchise, no one will.

Well, the only good X-Men movie was X-Men First Class, but that is an argument for another time. Its not a reboot so to speak that would be great... it would be the fact that the Avengers, the X-Men, and Fantastic Four can all be in the same universe. There are HUGE story arcs from the comics that involve several of these groups to intermingle. They can't currently due to contract issues... we could have only Quicksilver. Could you imagine if they did a Hulk Versus series? You could redo X-Men 3 with the Capt America Civil War initiative that tore apart the Avengers, that would effect the X-Men. If this happens, there would be no way DC could compete with Marvel.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:41 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Well, the only good X-Men movie was X-Men First Class, but that is an argument for another time. Its not a reboot so to speak that would be great... it would be the fact that the Avengers, the X-Men, and Fantastic Four can all be in the same universe. There are HUGE story arcs from the comics that involve several of these groups to intermingle. They can't currently due to contract issues... we could have only Quicksilver. Could you imagine if they did a Hulk Versus series? You could redo X-Men 3 with the Capt America Civil War initiative that tore apart the Avengers, that would effect the X-Men. If this happens, there would be no way DC could compete with Marvel.

That'd be pretty neat if they didn't reinvent, but instead just said hey guess what, we are all in the same spot now!
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:01 am

cwilkins88 wrote:That'd be pretty neat if they didn't reinvent, but instead just said hey guess what, we are all in the same spot now!

yeah it would be great. Marvel shouldn't have sold off their rights like that.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Disney in talks to buy 21st Century Fox

Postby Tyler » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:39 am

This article is from the 6th. I thought I read something yesterday (7th) saying it wasn't going to happen. I could be wrong
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:35 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post This article is from the 6th. I thought I read something yesterday (7th) saying it wasn't going to happen. I could be wrong

Yeah I've seen headlines saying that talks have stalled but it's still possible to pick up again.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:01 am

Uh oh...
Comcast has approached 21st Century Fox about an acquisition
Sony and Verizon are also interested, reports The Wall Street Journal. Comcast is in talks with the media giant about an all-stock offer for Fox’s international business, movie and TV studio, cable networks, and stake in Hulu that would give Comcast control of the streaming service, according to CNBC. The interest comes after reports last week that Disney had been in similar discussions, which have since stalled. Traditional media networks like Comcast and Disney continue to seek new ways to boost content offerings and grow subscribers as competition from streaming services heats up.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/comcast-ap ... 8PuQ%3D%3D

Return to “Off Topic”