Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Sexual Harassment Scandals

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:41 pm

Seems like everyone is on Aziz's side on this one

Aziz Ansari Is Guilty. Of Not Being a Mind Reader.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:52 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Seems like everyone is on Aziz's side on this one

I'm not sure I totally agree with that article. Yes, the Babe article seems to make the story a bit more dramatic than it probably was, but this NYT article leaves a lot out. It makes it seem like the gal said no to sex, Aziz complied, and the gal was upset. In the actual story, Aziz was much more aggressive and it was multiple times of her saying no with him continually trying. This article seems to be downplaying everything too much.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:11 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Seems like everyone is on Aziz's side on this one

I'm not sure I totally agree with that article. Yes, the Babe article seems to make the story a bit more dramatic than it probably was, but this NYT article leaves a lot out. It makes it seem like the gal said no to sex, Aziz complied, and the gal was upset. In the actual story, Aziz was much more aggressive and it was multiple times of her saying no with him continually trying. This article seems to be downplaying everything too much.

I know its a very slippery slope with all this #MeToo stuff, I am all for coming forward if something happened, but this particular time seems like someone trying to get their 15 min of fame. I'm sorry, if you are going back to a guy's place after or during a date... you have to know the guy is going to make moves on you. Aziz seems to be guilty of being a bad date... I don't think he's a bad person.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Sexual Harassment Scandals

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Truth is somewhere in the middle. Aziz didn't act like a gentleman and he made the girl feel uncomfortable.
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:53 am

Not to keep bringing up the Aziz stuff, but the woman from the story was sought after by Babe.net, she didn't go to them
http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/15/media/a ... index.html
Herrmann said Babe.net "heard about this story through personal networks, and then had to speak to a lot of different people before we got to the source. Our reporter Katie Way approached her, not the other way round."
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:13 am

This is pretty good stuff. 22 year old "journalist" who wrote the Aziz story trying to attack a real reporter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjRYbR_-Dhw
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:32 am

Return to “Off Topic”