Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Target Rant

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Target Rant

Postby Tyler » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:56 pm

Kind of lengthy, but <rant>

We went to a Target yesterday (about 15 minutes away) and when we got home we noticed some things were missing, most importantly the gift we went to Target for. After triple checking the car, house, and garage I called Target and asked if we left the bag there. They looked while I was on the phone and said they couldn't find it and said I should come back to the store and talk to AP about getting the items replaced. Jocelyn later googled AP because they didn't explain if it was a position or a role - it is Asset Protection.

This morning we went to Target as soon as Evie was awake because we needed the gift for a baby shower that Jocelyn was attending at 11. The lady at the customer service desk told me AP didn't get in until 10 and she couldn't do anything until then. She said AP (again, not ever explaining who this was) would need to review security footage before anything could be done. She halfass looked for the missing bag but gave up and said that is all she could do. I politely stormed off. Jocelyn meanwhile rebought the gift because we needed it regardless. Before I left the store I asked the customer service lady (who was not nice at all) if I could leave the receipt with the circled missing items and my phone number. She didn't know about this so she had to ask someone else. This other person was way nicer and said that was a great idea.

The missing items btw:
-children's book
-children hair bands
-lent rollers
-static guard
about $40-50 worth of stuff, but it was such an odd assortment of things why would I lie about it?

Within 10 minutes of getting home I missed a call from Target where AP called and said he found the bag, so for the 3rd time in 24 hours I drove to a Target 15 minutes away. After waiting in the guest service line for 10 minutes I got to the counter (new lady) and she had to radio AP who took another 10 minutes to come. Luckily he presented the bag with all of the missing things. I asked how this happened and he said we forgot to put the bag in the cart. I wanted to ask why it wasn't found when 2 different employees looked for it 2 different times, but by that point I just wanted out of there. Before I could leave though I had to return the stuff that we repurchased earlier that morning.
</rant>

TL;DR - we left a bag at Target worth $45 and they wouldn't do anything for us until we were proven to be innocent.
bmyoungs

Target Rant

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:37 pm

That's really annoying. Having worked in retail I understand that the people you spoke with on the phone had no ability to help you, but they could have at least gotten a manager to assist you further. Glad you got your stuff back

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Erin

Target Rant

Postby Erin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:02 pm

Oh man, that is really annoying. I’d be frustrated too with the poor communication. Clearly no system or process followed by this store on where the APs leave forgotten items and how guest service clerks should handle these scenarios. Glad it ended up working out.
wags83

Target Rant

Postby wags83 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:59 pm

Weird that they had the bag of stuff, but it took that long for you to get it. I would have thought if they didn't have it right away, it was gone forever.
Wallinguana

Target Rant

Postby Wallinguana » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:08 pm

My guess is that they saw on the video footage that you left it and they put all the stuff away. Then they got all the stuff together again and called you. Or called you first and that’s why it took 10 minutes for him to get there.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Target Rant

Postby Tyler » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:30 pm

Wallinguana wrote:My guess is that they saw on the video footage that you left it and they put all the stuff away. Then they got all the stuff together again and called you. Or called you first and that’s why it took 10 minutes for him to get there.
I had not considered that. There were a couple headbands that Jocelyn picked out that were the right color, idk if the SKU from the receipt would have that. He made it sound like it was left with the cashier and she put it somewhere? We will never know the full story! I should have asked for a copy of the cassette tape, that's what they use to record things on, right?

In the end everything worked out, but I wish they would have checked the recording after I called yesterday, not today only after I left went to the store again and asked them to call me back.
tylersucks

Target Rant

Postby tylersucks » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:29 pm

You customers are the worst. Why don't you just shop online!

Return to “Off Topic”