Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Robot Vacuums

Talk about anything.
bmyoungs

Robot Vacuums

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:20 pm

Tyler wrote:Brad, how is the wyze vac?
I have it set up but with Christmas I haven't run it yet mostly because 9f toys and other floor messes. I should be able to run it tonight though now that we have most of that out of the living room.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
bmyoungs

Robot Vacuums

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:08 pm

It's so good. I've never used anything beyond the bump and explore vacs do my best was very low. The mapping is awesome and I can hear that the suction is way better than my old one even on normal suction.

I'm concerned about the charging as the contact point feel very flimsy.

Overall I'm extremely happy even before factoring in the price.

bmyoungs

Robot Vacuums

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:44 pm

The only features I see missing, or maybe haven't found yet, are breaking up an area into sections. It doesn't really matter for me since we have a smallish house but I could see wanting the option.Image

Tyler
Owner

Robot Vacuums

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:14 am

What are the middle areas that were missed? Guessing a stairwell on the lower right middle.
ejhartman91

Robot Vacuums

Postby ejhartman91 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:20 am

Glad this has been working well for you. I am considering one for the basement as soon as it gets finished. Does it do well on carpet?
bmyoungs

Robot Vacuums

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:27 am

Tyler wrote:What are the middle areas that were missed? Guessing a stairwell on the lower right middle.
HereImage

Tyler
Owner

Robot Vacuums

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:15 am

Cool. Thanks for the labels! I am going to assume there isn't a wall between the fridge and the couch, and you guys have your couch facing the fridge instead of a TV
bmyoungs

Robot Vacuums

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:33 pm

Wyze vacuum is the exact same as xiaomi mi vacs for those curious.

I'm assuming they purchased older units or something but after looking at both there's no way they aren't the same.

Tyler
Owner

Re: Robot Vacuums

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:34 pm

That's the same brand as all their other products, right?

So it's not the same as a Roborock S4?
bmyoungs

Robot Vacuums

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:36 pm

Tyler wrote:That's the same brand as all their other products, right?

So it's not the same as a Roborock S4?
I know xiaomi makes products for a lot of brands so it's not shocking. Just was weird since the mi vac is ~$300-$400

Tyler
Owner

Robot Vacuums

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:06 pm

My Wyze Vac was shipped on the 30th. Still not here. Shows its only 2 states away now. Geesh.
bmyoungs

Robot Vacuums

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:34 pm

After a couple weeks or works great. Its not in the mapping I anticipated as each clean it just maps where it went rather than a set path but it still works very well so I'm not mad

Tyler
Owner

Robot Vacuums

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:56 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Its not in the mapping I anticipated as each clean it just maps where it went rather than a set path but it still works very well so I'm not mad

That sounds like what my $99 one does with "mapping". I hope the Wyze is smarter than that.
Update: Looking at the map being created now in real time. This is cool and way smarter! Very surprised how far away it can draw the walls without actually hitting them.

Got mine today. First impression before running it was that this is the most premium robo vac I have owned. Looks nice, fancy (but also annoying) how the dust bin is hidden, tool holder, love how the base holds the extra cords, and how the base seems a lot more forgiving than the docks I have used.

I noticed during setup that suction was on quiet. I turned it to "normal" and just started it. It seems much louder than my $99 vacuum, but if it cleaning up more than I don't mind. I just may skip running it on the weekends when we are home. When I am working in the basement and run it in the mornings I wont even notice.

Update: I ran my $99 this morning and got a full bin of dog hair. I'm about 20 minutes into the Wyze run and the bin is already full of dog hair. So it's picking up a lot that the other one missed.
bmyoungs

Robot Vacuums

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:58 am

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Its not in the mapping I anticipated as each clean it just maps where it went rather than a set path but it still works very well so I'm not mad

That sounds like what my $99 one does with "mapping". I hope the Wyze is smarter than that.
Update: Looking at the map being created now in real time. This is cool and way smarter! Very surprised how far away it can draw the walls without actually hitting them.

Got mine today. First impression before running it was that this is the most premium robo vac I have owned. Looks nice, fancy (but also annoying) how the dust bin is hidden, tool holder, love how the base holds the extra cords, and how the base seems a lot more forgiving than the docks I have used.

I noticed during setup that suction was on quiet. I turned it to "normal" and just started it. It seems much louder than my $99 vacuum, but if it cleaning up more than I don't mind. I just may skip running it on the weekends when we are home. When I am working in the basement and run it in the mornings I wont even notice.

Update: I ran my $99 this morning and got a full bin of dog hair. I'm about 20 minutes into the Wyze run and the bin is already full of dog hair. So it's picking up a lot that the other one missed.
Yeah the initial map is great and it does seem to kinda learn because my first vac was like an hour and my most recent was only 40 min.

It took me ages to give the dust bin embarrassingly, the others I've had always pulled out in front so I nearly broke it trying to find it.

Tyler
Owner

Robot Vacuums

Postby Tyler » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:33 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post It took me ages to give the dust bin embarrassingly, the others I've had always pulled out in front so I nearly broke it trying to find it.

Lolol. I found it by mistake but then it took me a minute to figure out how to open and empty it.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:16 pm

Wyze bot wasn't connecting to internet. Checked it and was docked backwards so not charging. Great. Lol. Maybe a kid did it
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:07 pm

When wyze works, it's amazing. Still buggy at times. Half my map seems skewed or wrong. Will it fix itself with more running or do I need to reset the map?
bmyoungs

Robot Vacuums

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:22 pm

Tyler wrote:When wyze works, it's amazing. Still buggy at times. Half my map seems skewed or wrong. Will it fix itself with more running or do I need to reset the map?
Wrong Like the lidar isn't picking up your room?

Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Robot Vacuums

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:53 pm

bmyoungs wrote:
Tyler wrote:When wyze works, it's amazing. Still buggy at times. Half my map seems skewed or wrong. Will it fix itself with more running or do I need to reset the map?
Wrong Like the lidar isn't picking up your room?

Of course I just opened the map and it is fine now. Earlier my kitchen was at a 45 degree angle compared to the rest of my house. Maybe that's just when it's running? I'll look tomorrow
ejhartman91

Robot Vacuums

Postby ejhartman91 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:06 am

You robot vac is plotting to take over your house!

Return to “Off Topic”