Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Robot Vacuums

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Robot Vacuums

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:42 am

The more the Wyze (and I assume all of these lidar robots) run the better they get. I am getting more and more impressed by the map and the ability to block off areas that it gets stuck (under bed, vanity cords, treadmill). Maybe I am crazy tho, but it seems like the robot is mostly around the perimeter and not cleaning the middle of the floor as much - at least that is what the map is only showing. I don't see it in action as much.
blake

Robot Vacuums

Postby blake » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:56 am

very interested in getting the Wyze in the future so keep posting updates

I have a Roomba right now that doesn't have mapping but does extremely well
bmyoungs

Robot Vacuums

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:22 pm

Tyler wrote:The more the Wyze (and I assume all of these lidar robots) run the better they get. I am getting more and more impressed by the map and the ability to block off areas that it gets stuck (under bed, vanity cords, treadmill). Maybe I am crazy tho, but it seems like the robot is mostly around the perimeter and not cleaning the middle of the floor as much - at least that is what the map is only showing. I don't see it in action as much.
It does perimeter first, then goes back and dies the inside area

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
wags83

Robot Vacuums

Postby wags83 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:54 pm

I'm also considering getting the Wyze vac. For some reason my cheapo one just can't figure out how to run on the new rugs we got. They're not all that much different in thickness from the old rugs, but it's really messing with the robot. I'd just put the cheap one in the basement and Wyze on the main level.
Tyler
Owner

Robot Vacuums

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:58 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I'm also considering getting the Wyze vac. For some reason my cheapo one just can't figure out how to run on the new rugs we got. They're not all that much different in thickness from the old rugs, but it's really messing with the robot. I'd just put the cheap one in the basement and Wyze on the main level.

Too bad, you missed your chance. They are backordered and we can only assume they will never be in stock again.
blake

Robot Vacuums

Postby blake » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:00 pm

what's price point on the Wyze again?
wags83

Robot Vacuums

Postby wags83 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:00 pm

Ah, shucks. I guess my rugs are doomed to become dirtier and dirtier until we're drowning in filth.
Corey
Site Admin

Re: RE: Robot Vacuums

Postby Corey » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:34 pm

bmyoungs wrote:
Tyler wrote:The more the Wyze (and I assume all of these lidar robots) run the better they get. I am getting more and more impressed by the map and the ability to block off areas that it gets stuck (under bed, vanity cords, treadmill). Maybe I am crazy tho, but it seems like the robot is mostly around the perimeter and not cleaning the middle of the floor as much - at least that is what the map is only showing. I don't see it in action as much.
It does perimeter first, then goes back and dies the inside area

If it's anything like my roborocks, it does the perimeter of each room then the inside. Can you separate the rooms?
ejhartman91

Robot Vacuums

Postby ejhartman91 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:37 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I'm also considering getting the Wyze vac.

NO! I call dibs on 2 Wyze vacs when they come back in stock! GET IN LINE!
Tyler
Owner

Robot Vacuums

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:44 pm

blake wrote:Source of the post what's price point on the Wyze again?

$200 pre-order, but eventually $250

Corey wrote:If it's anything like my roborocks, it does the perimeter of each room then the inside. Can you separate the rooms?

Yes, this must be it. I noticed later that it had all the vacuum lines in the middle of the room later.

I dont think you can separate rooms? So it seems kind of like a waste to spend the first 15-20 minutes of a cycle just going around the house walls
ejhartman91

Robot Vacuums

Postby ejhartman91 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:47 pm

https://wyze.com/wyze-handheld-vacuum.html

DAMN YOU WYZE! Spend less time releasing newer products I don't want and more time getting more stock of your robot vacuums!
Tyler
Owner

Robot Vacuums

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:50 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post https://wyze.com/wyze-handheld-vacuum.html

DAMN YOU WYZE! Spend less time releasing newer products I don't want and more time getting more stock of your robot vacuums!

They have sooo many products now. You are right, they need to focus on the big items.

Having said that...do I want this thing?!

Lol Reddit shitting all over it too
https://www.reddit.com/r/wyzecam/commen ... uum_11921/
ejhartman91

Robot Vacuums

Postby ejhartman91 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:53 pm

If you do, you better pre-order or risk ending up like us plebians waiting for them to take our money for the robot vacuums that will never be back in stock

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: Robot Vacuums

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:18 am

Makes my mouth water. And it charges and then goes back and finished the other rooms

Corey
Site Admin

Robot Vacuums

Postby Corey » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:40 pm

Battery life on yours seems not as good as mine that costs twice as much. Also, mine is less TRON looking.

ejhartman91

Robot Vacuums

Postby ejhartman91 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:49 pm

I've never had mine have to charge mid cleaning... Maybe mine has less square footage to clean though...I have the Roborock S5.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
bmyoungs

Robot Vacuums

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:01 pm

How long does it take to clean your house glass? Mine only takes 45min average and about 50-60% battery

ejhartman91

Robot Vacuums

Postby ejhartman91 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:00 pm

Corey wrote:Source of the post Battery life on yours seems not as good as mine that costs twice as much. Also, mine is less TRON looking.

Corey are you using the Mi Home app? If so, how do you label your rooms? I can't figure out how to label mine.
Corey
Site Admin

Robot Vacuums

Postby Corey » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:07 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post
Corey wrote:Source of the post Battery life on yours seems not as good as mine that costs twice as much. Also, mine is less TRON looking.

Corey are you using the Mi Home app? If so, how do you label your rooms? I can't figure out how to label mine.

I'm using the Roborock app. In that app you just select Edit Map --> Edit Room --> Select the Room --> Name
Tyler
Owner

Robot Vacuums

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:47 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post How long does it take to clean your house glass?

I need to watch it better, this was the first time i noticed it went back home to recharge mid cycle, must have started on a half full battery or something.

Corey is showing off!

Return to “Off Topic”