Monopoly board looks to have fewer spaces as well
wags83

Boardgames

Postby wags83 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:07 am

Friggin' snowflakes are mad about a board game! /s
bmyoungs

Boardgames

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:30 pm

Huss Buss wrote:new Monopoly for game for millennials called Monopoly for Millennials

They’ve geared this game to come out just in time for Christmas. “Monopoly for Millennials, Hasbro’s newest addition to the Monopoly board game empire, is receiving widespread backlash from offended Millennials shortly after the game was released for the holidays. The game cover, accompanied with the tagline ‘Adulting is hard. You deserve a break from the rat race,’ features a ‘cool’ Mr. Monopoly.” You know, the rich guy with the top hat and tails, big, round face, Mr. Monopoly.
“He’s taking a selfie, wearing a ‘participation award’ pinned to his chest, and drinking a latte. A camera, a pair of sunglasses, and a hashtag are included among the game pieces.” So is a bicycle. (laughing) Yoga positions and so forth. There are no properties for players to buy in Monopoly for Millennials. There is no Park Place. That’s been replaced with a three-day music festival. Other experiences include a vegan bistro you can buy, a bike share, and a yoga studio.
“There’s also no rent to pay and no real estate to buy because, as it says on the front of the box, ‘Forget real estate. You can’t afford to buy it anyway.’” This is Monopoly for Millennials. The game, on the board box, recommends that you play it in your parents’ basement. Can you believe they did this? This is a major American corporation. I mean, they’re really shading some of these Millennials. They’re throwing it right back at them.
I’m wondering how this happened. You know, this is the kind of thing that you do not see, actually taking aim at a specific whole generation. I mean, Millennials are apparently righteously indignant and profoundly irritated about this on Twitter. You know what the price of the game is? $19.82 because that’s said to be the first year of the Millennial generation, 1982, when they were born.
Here’s the game’s description. “Money doesn’t always buy a great time, but experiences, whether they’re good — or weird — last forever. The Monopoly for Millennials game celebrates just that. Instead of collecting as much cash as possible, players are challenged to rack up the most Experiences to win. Travel around the gameboard discovering and visiting cool places to eat, shop, and relax. Interact with other players via Chance and Community Chest cards, (which are super relatable). And players don’t pay rent — they visit one another, earning more Experience points. This board game is a great way to bring a fun and relaxed vibe to a party or casual get-together.”

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018 ... K3Q8Yj8YqM
Honestly if this was an Onion article if find it hilarious but the fact that it's real is quite disturbing.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: Boardgames

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:44 am

Wilkins had the best game of codenames adult version ever. I think they had 7 cards within the first 2 turns.

Return to “Off Topic”