Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Boardgames

Talk about anything.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Re: Boardgames

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun May 17, 2015 11:03 am

Agreed. I need to buy that game. Another good one is bang!
awright

Boardgames

Postby awright » Sun May 17, 2015 6:01 pm

I'll have to look into Bang! I was a little disappointed we didn't try Tylers one night wolf game last night; I was curious to see how different it would be from the other version of the game.

I read the Legendary manual, watched a few videos, and played around with the game decks today...officially ready to play you guys. Don't make me play alone
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun May 17, 2015 6:42 pm

You should have said something about werewolves. I would have gotten it out. I have the app that moderates the game for you that I have been wanting to try
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Postby Huss Buss » Mon May 18, 2015 12:37 pm

awright wrote:Room 25 got intense tonight! Need to consistently play group games more often, they are a lot of fun!

fun game for sure
awright

Postby awright » Tue May 19, 2015 1:22 pm

I caved and bought Bang! today. I have a rewards card that I realized expires soon so I used that up to get a few small things
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:26 pm

nice!!!
awright

Postby awright » Thu May 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Bought Trivial Pursuit Teams for dirt cheap brand new today from Craigslist.
awright

Boardgames

Postby awright » Sat May 23, 2015 10:16 am

Gave Bang a test run last night and I really enjoyed it. It took awhile to adapt to the rules when 5 people were all learning. Way fun game though and so challenging for the person playing the Sheriff. The Sheriff is the only role everyone knows about and he/she has to find out who his deputies are basically. Think 6 would be even better with two deputies.

Figured out my Resistance game has a bunch of extra role cards. I'm not certain but I think I either bought a newer version or bought some expansion pack with it
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat May 23, 2015 10:41 am

My Resistance game has extra cards too that I've never used either.
awright

Boardgames

Postby awright » Sat May 23, 2015 11:53 am

Tyler wrote:My Resistance game has extra cards too that I've never used either.

I'll have to look at them. I was having trouble remembering the basic rules as is

Pretty sure I noticed an interesting bit of info in the rule book about voting for mission. The accept and reject votes, like the actual pass/fail, are supposed to be anonymous? I can see that challenging things further and also taking away from some of the fun
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat May 23, 2015 2:30 pm

Interesting. I have never played like that before. Must have been an oversight by me and we've just stuck with it
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat May 23, 2015 2:33 pm

Wait....Did you have the first officially game night meet up without us?!
awright

Postby awright » Sun May 24, 2015 6:45 pm

Tyler wrote:Wait....Did you have the first officially game night meet up without us?!

Nah, played a test game for fun and wanted to teach a few people some games before future meetings
awright

Postby awright » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:10 am

Richmond bought King of New York and teased me with snaps last night. He's promised I'd be involved in the firs playing so I'm excited. We both recently organized our legendary cards to start a game so hopefully this happens soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:06 am

awright wrote:Richmond bought King of New York and teased me with snaps last night. He's promised I'd be involved in the firs playing so I'm excited. We both recently organized our legendary cards to start a game so hopefully this happens soon.

Frickin nerds.

You both didn't need to buy that Legendary game, did you? Shouldn't one game support multiple hands?
awright

Postby awright » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:48 am

The cards are constantly messed up and I didn't think he would ever play his copy! I will hopefully get around to playing it once I get the swing of it

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:02 am

awright wrote:The cards are constantly messed up and I didn't think he would ever play his copy! I will hopefully get around to playing it once I get the swing of it

Gotcha, but it's not like Magic where everyone has their own deck with cards they have collected over the years. All cards needed are in one box and you build your deck during the game?
awright

Postby awright » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:02 pm

King of New York is a nice change up from Tokyo. Health was pointless at times when we played but I could see how it could be a big deal in some games if there was a lot of armies. The difference between New York and Tokyo is the addition of buildings you destroy to get more health and victory points. Once you destroy a building, the card turns over and turns into the army--which can do damage to you if you roll the skull on the dice. Really cool game and fun variation of the original game. The rules are a lot more clear cut and they did a much better describing order of moves and what not, appreciated that as well.

bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:38 pm

That's actually very intriguing. I always thought new York was just the same game with different cards and monsters. I never looked into it to find out for that exact reason.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
awright

Postby awright » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:52 pm

bmyoungs wrote:That's actually very intriguing. I always thought new York was just the same game with different cards and monsters. I never looked into it to find out for that exact reason.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'd say it was an attempt to expand and upgrade the game a bit. Other differences include the progression through Manhattan (the Tokyo equivalent), you get different amounts of victory points and gems each turn depending on where in Manhattan you are. The other parts of New York (The Bronx, Staten Island, etc) can be moved to at the end of your turn...it's unwise to move to places that already have police presence from another monster destroying buildings; however, you can choose to attack and kill the army for additional bonuses! It sounds much more complex than it actually is.

Return to “Off Topic”