Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Why I never want to sell anything on Craigslist again

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:55 am

People suck. Was selling a tool kit I got from my dad. Guy was interested and only 20 minutes from my place so we set up a time/place to meet via text that was less than 10 minutes away from me.

Was suppose to meet Saturday morning. That morning he said he could meet and asked for 1-3. Said that's fine. Texted him at 2:30 asking if we were still on, he replied at 2:50 saying he couldn't.

I replied back that I was going to sell to someone else unless he could make Sunday work. He said sorry and said anytime Sunday would work.

Text him at 8am Sunday asking about 10am. He said 1 would work better. Tell him what I drive and get there at 12:55. Text him at 1:10 asking if he is coming. Leave at 1:20 with no word from him. Sent a text saying I'm going home and he missed out.

So never sold the thing and spent 3 different times sitting around waiting for him to get back to me.
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:41 am

Wow that is horribly annoying.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:39 am

I have had some pretty good experiences buying and selling music equipment on craigslist.
tylersucks

Postby tylersucks » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:19 am

And then there is the lady by me selling a used bottle of sunscreen for $3. The time it took to write up the add already has her losing money on the deal.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Why I never want to sell anything on Craigslist again

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:24 am

tylersucks wrote:And then there is the lady by me selling a used bottle of sunscreen for $3. The time it took to write up the add already has her losing money on the deal.
Did she accept your offer of $2.50?

Return to “Off Topic”