Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Phone mounts for cars

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Phone mounts for cars

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:47 am

Bmyoungs, did you get your new one? Do you like it? I got one that slides into the CD tray. I like it in theory, but it completely blocks the screen in my car. I need a different one. One on the vent would work, but not sure how well that works with heavy phones.
cjroz

Phone mounts for cars

Postby cjroz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:37 am

I have a pop socket on the back of my phone and bought a Steelie separately and attached that to the pop socket. It's a magnet so it sticks to any magnetic surface, and the attaching knob is in my car. I really like it for the gym because I can use the magnet on gym equipment, and it is also nice in the kitchen for following a recipe while cooking.

https://www.amazon.com/Nite-Ize-Origina ... ount&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Corey
Site Admin

Phone mounts for cars

Postby Corey » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:39 am

I'm a big fan of the iOttie ones that use suctions cups. The suction cup will never ever fall off and pushing the phone into the mount secures it with one hand. The one I have is https://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Dashboard ... rds=iottie
ejhartman91

Phone mounts for cars

Postby ejhartman91 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:21 am

I have the Spigen vent magnetic one. Since I have a case, I just have the metal plate attached to my case on the inside (some Spigen cases actually have a designated spot for the plate). I suppose it depends on your vents, but I've found that if I insert the mount in a certain way there is a ton of tension that would hold even a heavy tablet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Phone mounts for cars

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:30 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:I have the Spigen vent magnetic one. Since I have a case, I just have the metal plate attached to my case on the inside (some Spigen cases actually have a designated spot for the plate). I suppose it depends on your vents, but I've found that if I insert the mount in a certain way there is a ton of tension that would hold even a heavy tablet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I think that's exactly what Bmyoungs just bought. I have a cheap Spigen case. Do they all have room for the metal plate?
ejhartman91

Phone mounts for cars

Postby ejhartman91 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:30 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I think that's exactly what Bmyoungs just bought. I have a cheap Spigen case. Do they all have room for the metal plate?

I don't think they all do. Mine is the spigen thin fit case. I had the tough armor case for my nexus 6P and it didn't have a place for it. The plate is usually thin enough to just stick to the inside of the case without any issues though.
Tyler
Owner

Phone mounts for cars

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:00 pm

Ordered this case and mount today for my new Pixel 2 XL. Thanks bmyoungs and ejhartman
Tyler
Owner

Phone mounts for cars

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Ordered this case and mount today for my new Pixel 2 XL. Thanks bmyoungs and ejhartman

Got them both today. Very impressed with the case and how strong the magnet through the case and onto that thin piece of metal. Will mount to vent in the morning.
bmyoungs

Phone mounts for cars

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:30 pm

I enjoy mine it's not as annoying as the previous mounts I've had. I got the thinnest case Spigen does and really like it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Phone mounts for cars

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:37 pm

I like these options on Slick Deals

Bought the arm one for Jocelyn. The air vent ones don't work in her car

Return to “Off Topic”