Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Best Buy Should Be Dead, But It’s Thriving in the Age of Amazon

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:28 am

I've never ever considered using Best Buy geek squad for anything, but I have been shopping at Best Buy a lot. I work within walking distance to a Best Buy and I will run over there if I see a slick deal. I've bought more in the past year (quantity wise) than I probably have in the prior 5. I've never bought a TV from Amazon either, my last big TV was bought at Best Buy 4-5 years ago.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:19 am

When I first moved to Minneapolis there was a lot of talk about Best Buy going under within a few years. I'm glad they have turned it around. I bought a new TV from them earlier this year. It's nice to be able to compare the TV's in person vs. just the specs on a computer. I had an idea of what I wanted but ended up getting a different TV when I went in because it looked a lot better than the one I was thinking. I can't see myself using their consulting services though.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:15 am

I think they have taken a ton of the large appliance market away from Sears which has helped I'm sure. I don't live near one but I do price check various items a lot on there mostly TV's and laptops for Sarah

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Best Buy Should Be Dead, But It’s Thriving in the Age of Amazon

Postby Tyler » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:59 am

bmyoungs wrote:I think they have taken a ton of the large appliance market away from Sears which has helped I'm sure. I don't live near one but I do price check various items a lot on there mostly TV's and laptops for Sarah

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Good call on appliances. One near my work has a nicer area for that than it does TVs

Return to “Off Topic”