Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Congrats Wags and Erin

Talk about anything.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28574
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:32 am

wags83 wrote:Yeah I go back to work on the 14th, so I'll be off for a total for 2 weeks.
That's nice. Did you talk HR into giving you Daddy leave?
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 11006
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby wags83 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:44 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Yeah I go back to work on the 14th, so I'll be off for a total for 2 weeks.
That's nice. Did you talk HR into giving you Daddy leave?

Nah, but I did get 3 days "On Buhler" instead of the 2 that is normal as per the handbook.
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 11006
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby wags83 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:47 pm

Little man had his first checkup today at the pediatrician. He's almost back to his birth weight and everything else looks good. Born at 8lbs 5oz, left hospital at 7lbs 11oz, as of this morning he was back up to 8lbs 4oz.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28574
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:56 pm

wags83 wrote:Little man had his first checkup today at the pediatrician. He's almost back to his birth weight and everything else looks good. Born at 8lbs 5oz, left hospital at 7lbs 11oz, as of this morning he was back up to 8lbs 4oz.
Thicc boy, just like his dad
User avatar
Huss Buss
Top Contributor
Posts: 2843
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:21 pm
Contact:

Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby Huss Buss » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:20 pm

great news to hear
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28574
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby Tyler » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:30 pm

What's been the biggest thing to take you by surprise so far? Maybe you were over prepaired for something and now it doesn't seem bad, or under prepaired and now it's horrible.
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 11006
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby wags83 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:05 pm

I was surprised by the number of diapers we go through. I knew it would be a lot, but this kid literally never stops peeing.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28574
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby Tyler » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:49 pm

wags83 wrote:I was surprised by the number of diapers we go through. I knew it would be a lot, but this kid literally never stops peeing.
It all cancels out when they are 2 and you forget to change it for 10 hours.

Are you changing diapers in the middle of the night? If it's yellow let it mellow?
User avatar
Erin
Posts: 462
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:59 am
Contact:

Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby Erin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:11 am

On the note of how often we change him, is how often he wants to eat. I'm nursing and while I knew that would take time, I didn't realize what a process it is. He either falls asleep, has a big poop or lots of burps which makes for a longer break during it. Often a 20min feeding session will take about 30-40min and we go again in 1-2 hours from the start time. I'm very grateful he's healthy and gaining weight so I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28574
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:50 am

Erin wrote:On the note of how often we change him, is how often he wants to eat. I'm nursing and while I knew that would take time, I didn't realize what a process it is. He either falls asleep, has a big poop or lots of burps which makes for a longer break during it. Often a 20min feeding session will take about 30-40min and we go again in 1-2 hours from the start time. I'm very grateful he's healthy and gaining weight so I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Having a kid that gains weight is over rated, isn't that right cwilkins?
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 3871
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:16 pm

Tyler wrote:
Erin wrote:On the note of how often we change him, is how often he wants to eat. I'm nursing and while I knew that would take time, I didn't realize what a process it is. He either falls asleep, has a big poop or lots of burps which makes for a longer break during it. Often a 20min feeding session will take about 30-40min and we go again in 1-2 hours from the start time. I'm very grateful he's healthy and gaining weight so I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Having a kid that gains weight is over rated, isn't that right cwilkins?
Definitely. My kids have gained like a pound per year. They are almost six and weigh maybe 32lbs

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28574
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:52 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Definitely. My kids have gained like a pound per year. They are almost six and weigh maybe 32lbs

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


I heard they are only friends with Evie because she makes them feel big.
User avatar
Huss Buss
Top Contributor
Posts: 2843
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:21 pm
Contact:

Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby Huss Buss » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:16 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Definitely. My kids have gained like a pound per year. They are almost six and weigh maybe 32lbs

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


I heard they are only friends with Evie because she makes them feel big.


hahaha
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 3871
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:43 pm

Huss Buss wrote:
Tyler wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Definitely. My kids have gained like a pound per year. They are almost six and weigh maybe 32lbs

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


I heard they are only friends with Evie because she makes them feel big.


hahaha
Same reason we're friends with Tyler.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28574
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:17 pm

/leave
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 11006
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby wags83 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:16 am

Got him!
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28574
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:54 pm

Diaper gaskets out or in?
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 11006
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby wags83 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:03 am

I don't know what that means.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28574
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:08 am

wags83 wrote:I don't know what that means.
Gusset** typo on my part.
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 11006
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Congrats Wags and Erin

Postby wags83 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:16 am

I still don't know what that means.

Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests