Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Ask a Clean Person

Talk about anything.
bmyoungs

Ask a Clean Person

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:18 am

Tyler wrote:What does everyone use for rinse aid? Seems like I constantly have to put it in the dishwasher I got late 2019? I need to get a bigger size or something
Sounds like the setting is too high on the rinse aid is all. But we just use generic store brand

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Ask a Clean Person

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:31 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Sounds like the setting is too high on the rinse aid is all.

I didn't even know this was something you could adjust. I'll have to read the manual, aka google it.

My brain hurts just reading this.

Water Softening and Rinse Aid
Change the dishwasher salt setting for use with the water softening system. The factory setting is "H:00" for no salt. Open the dishwasher door and press the "On/Off" button. Press and hold the "A" button and press "Start" until "H:00" appears. Release the buttons and press the "B" button until the desired setting is reached. If the tap water hardness is between 120 and 140, set it to "H:01." If it is between 150 and 180, set it to "H:02." If it is between 190 and 210, set it to "H:03." If it is between 220 and 290, set it to "H:04." If it is between 300 and 370, set it to "H:05." If it is between 380 and 540, set it to "H:06."

If your Bosch dishwasher is using too much rinse aid, you can adjust those settings, too. Press the "On/Off" button to change the rinse agent settings. Press and hold the ">" button and the "Start/Reset" button simultaneously. Release the ">" button. Press the ">" button again until the "Clean" light and the "Rinse Agent" lights are illuminated. Press the "<" button until the light flashes once to use the lowest possible amount of rinse agent for each load.

Press the button again until the light flashes twice to dispense a medium amount of rinse agent per load. Continue to press the button until the light flashes three times to use the highest amount of rinse agent per load. Hold the button until there is no light illuminated to turn off the rinse agent dispenser. Press "Start" to confirm.
bmyoungs

Ask a Clean Person

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:57 am

Mine has a physical dial on the inside where I add the rinse aid

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Ask a Clean Person

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:02 am

rip out the dishwasher and just hand wash dishes from now on.
Tyler
Owner

Ask a Clean Person

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:07 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Mine has a physical dial on the inside where I add the rinse aid

It's a low end feature of dishwashers for that to be an easier thing to adjust
ejhartman91

Ask a Clean Person

Postby ejhartman91 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:22 am

We just got a new Bosch dishwasher a month ago. I've only had to refill the rinse aid once. I left the rinse aid setting at the factory default. I read the manual when we got it and none of the settings seemed as complicated as the salt one you described. I just changed the auto-off and the sound level for the beep. Also, we have always just used Finish Jet Dry rinse aid. Sam's club sells it in a big bottle.
Tyler
Owner

Ask a Clean Person

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:36 am

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post I read the manual when we got it

Frickin' nerd. Next you'll tell me you actually pay for a Consumer Reports. Oh wait, LOL.

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post We just got a new Bosch dishwasher a month ago. I've only had to refill the rinse aid once

Yeah, I maybe have to fill it every 30-45 days, maybe that is normal?
Tyler
Owner

Re: Ask a Clean Person

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:51 pm

This speaks to me and I don't even mind laundry.

Return to “Off Topic”