Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Things That Annoy Me

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Things That Annoy Me

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:29 pm

I've posted #2 and 3 on the "Question of the day" thread but they are worth repeating and this needs its own dedicated thread.

1. This isn't an original complaint by any means, but the name of sizes at Starbucks. I go to Starbucks at most once a year. I went today to try a new drink. They asked me what size. I said medium. I should not get laughed at for saying medium. Sorry I don't know your dumb made up sizes!

2. People putting their entire lunch boxes in the fridge at work. Space is limited. If you have an insulated box then keep it at your desk with an ice pack.

3. Garage doors with handles that don't do anything and fake hinges. I hate it so much and almost all of the new houses in town have them. It's extra money to make something look worse.
wags83

Things That Annoy Me

Postby wags83 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:59 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post 1. This isn't an original complaint by any means, but the name of sizes at Starbucks.

I think this year traveling for work was the first time I've ever ordered anything at Starbucks (have done so twice now) and yes, their sizes are dumb. I just go up to the counter and say "I just want a small black coffee, so whatever you need to call it to get that, that's what I'll have."
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Things That Annoy Me

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:01 pm

1) Drivers who hang out in the left lane for way too long. You passed me a mile ago get over. Worse is when I'm using the right lane to pass someone.
2) People not replacing, refilling, or tossing out something after using the last of it. Think paper towels, toilet paper, doughnut boxes etc...
3) People leaving general trash laying around when a trash can is literally 5 feet away. I do this at home sometimes.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Things That Annoy Me

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:25 pm

1) People who park their cart in the middle of a grocery store aisle
2) People who have ZERO spatial awareness in stores/grocery stores etc
3) People who are walking in front of you and then just stop
4) People who just stand in the bathroom waiting for a poop stall. It's so weird.
5) Voicemails for any reason.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Things That Annoy Me

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:26 pm

6) People who write checks in a grocery store.

It sounds like my biggest pet peeve is just the grocery store.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Things That Annoy Me

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:32 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post 1) People who park their cart in the middle of a grocery store aisle

I'll add, people who leave their cart in the middle of the parking lot.
Last edited by DannyFanny on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wags83

Things That Annoy Me

Postby wags83 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Groups of people who walk 2+ abreast on sidewalks and are either going slower than you want to go while behind them or don't make room for people going the other way if you are walking toward them. Same goes for people in stores or anywhere really.
bmyoungs

Things That Annoy Me

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:37 pm

I'm sorry you got laughed at Glass for being dumb and ordering a medium instead of a grande.

1) everything about my employers, not my actual job though. Tldr: Brother and sister in a good course shananigans ensue

2) people who ask me for a weather forecast. We all have fucking pocket computers people.

3) any customer I have to talk to on the phone. It's like they completely forget everything and makes a 20 second call a 2 minute one.

4) overly aggressive drivers (massholes are one example) why do you have to endanger many people to pass me in a turn lane.

5) couponing. It's become a race in the service industry so prices get raised to make it profitable when coupons get used aggressively. I get it that you're more likely to go somewhere if there's a "deal" but it's become we can only afford to do anything if we search out deals! Why do I need to find a damn coupon to make bringing a 2 year old to a bad zoo affordable. Just have reasonable prices and a normal coupon strategy and let's all go back to normal.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
wags83

Things That Annoy Me

Postby wags83 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:53 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post 2) people who ask me for a weather forecast. We all have fucking pocket computers people.

Based on conversations from earlier this week, I feel like this is a direct attack on your wife.
Tyler
Owner

Things That Annoy Me

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:00 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post I'll add, people who leave their cart in the middle of the parking lot.

If I ever get submitted as a Saint to the catholic church it will be because I'll grab random parking lot carts near my car and bring them back into the store. It's so annoying and I probably need a cart in the store anyways.

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Groups of people who walk 2+ abreast on sidewalks and are either going slower than you want to go while behind them or don't make room for people going the other way if you are walking toward them.

I experience this daily on my work walks. It's not like they don't see you coming from 2 blocks away, they just don't care. Heaven forbid they take a break for 1 second in their convo for one of them to side step behind the other.

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post It sounds like my biggest pet peeve is just the grocery store.

You need to do Hy-Vee online ordering

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post massholes

Wut??
Tyler
Owner

Things That Annoy Me

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:00 am

This thread is amazing btw. Best content in weeks. Keep the bitching up guys.
blake

Things That Annoy Me

Postby blake » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:11 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post 6) People who write checks in a grocery store.

It sounds like my biggest pet peeve is just the grocery store.

that makes me almost flip out everytime
blake

Things That Annoy Me

Postby blake » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:12 am

People who won't stop talking during a movie
blake

Things That Annoy Me

Postby blake » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:13 am

People who clip their nails at work (who brings a nail clipper to work???)
blake

Things That Annoy Me

Postby blake » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:14 am

People trying to make a left hand turn out of a parking lot onto a busy street
blake

Things That Annoy Me

Postby blake » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:15 am

People in the audience who act like they're coaches at a sporting event and yell at the officials/coaches/players
blake

Things That Annoy Me

Postby blake » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:28 am

People who share stuff on Facebook thinking that Toyota is going to be giving away a brand new pickup or Ellen is giving away cash
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Things That Annoy Me

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:33 am

blake wrote:People who share stuff on Facebook thinking that Toyota is going to be giving away a brand new pickup or Ellen is giving away cash
"I do not give Facebook permission to use my data..."

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Things That Annoy Me

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:48 am

blake wrote:Source of the post People who won't stop talking during a movie

I went to John Wick with a buddy. Only a few other people in the theater, but he was casually browsing his phone during the movie. I couldn't believe it. I told him to knock it off. Who does that?!
blake wrote:Source of the post People trying to make a left hand turn out of a parking lot onto a busy street

Sometimes you don't have any choice! Sorry they don't want to turn right, go a block, turn around, go other direction.
blake wrote:Source of the post e who share stuff on Facebook thinking that Toyota is going to be giving away a brand new pickup or Ellen is giving away cash

Facebook in general. Just as a reminder, Wilkins and I are better than all of you because we deleted our accounts.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Things That Annoy Me

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:37 am

Only reason I haven't deleted my facebook account is for band reasons. I only have messenger on my phone again for band reasons.
I also used to be the asshole who would talk in movies. I was a rebellious teenager at the time... jackass at the time.

Return to “Off Topic”