Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Dishwashers

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Dishwashers

Postby Tyler » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:43 am

Wags, didn't you buy a new one last year? What made you buy new vs repairing? Mine has been acting up lately. Just had to hand wash all my dishes.

Ethan, hit us up with some consumer reports.

Home Depot has a sale right now through the 5th. Might be perfect timing if I can confirm mine is for sure broken
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Dishwashers

Postby DannyFanny » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:01 am

The singer of my band runs an appliance store in Des Moines, called Harp's Outlet. I think their stock is scratch-n-dent, overstock, or unused returns.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Dishwashers

Postby Tyler » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:49 am

DannyFanny wrote:The singer of my band runs an appliance store in Des Moines, called Harp's Outlet. I think their stock is scratch-n-dent, overstock, or unused returns.
Oh sweet. I'll have to look into that.

Right now I am eyeing this one. There are $300-400 options, but I want all the bells and whistles
https://www.homedepot.com/p/KitchenAid- ... /302958027
ejhartman91

Dishwashers

Postby ejhartman91 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:39 am

Looks like the one you are looking may not be the best...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: Dishwashers

Postby Tyler » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:02 pm

Thanks Ethan for sending me the PDF of all the highest rated ones. Bosch dominates the list.

I'm going to run a couple more cycles of my current one and hope it was just a couple flukes
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:23 pm

Ethan, can you look up this Bosch for me? Wirecutters pick but it wasn't on your PDF

Model:SHEM63W55N
ejhartman91

Dishwashers

Postby ejhartman91 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:02 am

Here you go. 81 overall rating. Looks like a good one!Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Dishwashers

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:06 am

Thanks! 84 was the highest on the PDF you sent so Wirecutters pick matches well with the highest CR one.

I ran another load last night and the top dishes didn't get washed at all. Guess I'm ordering a dishwasher today

BBY has $20 fee to take the old broken one. Home Depot is $25. Guess I am going with BBY.
LINK to unit
Tyler
Owner

Dishwashers

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:37 am

Wags, do I need to get an install kit for $25 or just use hookups from the old one? I guess I won't get it and can run to mcnards if I need something.
wags83

Dishwashers

Postby wags83 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:39 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post What made you buy new vs repairing?

It was old and shitty and poorly installed. Wanted something with stainless steel interior rather than scratched up and food stained plastic.

Ours is a GE, can't find the model number to look up a link right now. I think we got it for something like $600. The only thing I don't like about it is that it seems to not do a good job at getting knives clean. Otherwise works well.
wags83

Dishwashers

Postby wags83 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:41 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Wags, do I need to get an install kit for $25 or just use hookups from the old one? I guess I won't get it and can run to mcnards if I need something.

The only thing I needed to buys separately was an additional drain hose because what came with it was too short. But that's because there is a cabinet between my dishwasher and the sink/water supply. If your dishwasher is right next to it, you'll probably be fine with what comes with it.
goldenrod

Dishwashers

Postby goldenrod » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:31 pm

I love my bosch dishwasher. I have had 1 put in both of my houses I have owned in sioux falls and when I move to reno I will be putting one in the house we get there also. They clean great and are super quiet.
Tyler
Owner

Dishwashers

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:52 am

goldenrod wrote:Source of the post I love my bosch dishwasher. I have had 1 put in both of my houses I have owned in sioux falls and when I move to reno I will be putting one in the house we get there also. They clean great and are super quiet.

Thanks for justifying my expensive purchase. My parents said the same thing about their Bosch.

I should have talked to Danny's buddy about getting one, but getting a tax return for the first time in 4 years so YOLO.
Tyler
Owner

Dishwashers

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:41 pm

8:30 - 10:30 tomorrow morning is the drop off. I still need to unhook the old one. I'm excited! I've only let 1.5 days worth of dishes pile up in the sink.
Tyler
Owner

Dishwashers

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:34 am

What should have taken an hour turned into an all day ordeal because of how the existing pipes were routed and the design of the new washer vs the old. With help from HussBuss and my dad we finally got the pipes rerouted in a creative way. Had an initial leak (thank goodness for Samsung smartthings) but that is now fixed.

I originally wasn't very impressed by the noise of the washer when it was stick out 4 inches from the counter, but after we got it pushed in all the way it is way quieter than what I had before. There are parts of the cycle where you really don't hear anything at all.

Some dishes don't come out perfectly dry, but I think that is to be expected for the bottom of cups and other weird things.

3rd row is nice. I may ditch the silverware holder and use that instead.
goldenrod

Dishwashers

Postby goldenrod » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:42 am

Tyler wrote:What should have taken an hour turned into an all day ordeal because of how the existing pipes were routed and the design of the new washer vs the old. With help from HussBuss and my dad we finally got the pipes rerouted in a creative way. Had an initial leak (thank goodness for Samsung smartthings) but that is now fixed.

I originally wasn't very impressed by the noise of the washer when it was stick out 4 inches from the counter, but after we got it pushed in all the way it is way quieter than what I had before. There are parts of the cycle where you really don't hear anything at all.

Some dishes don't come out perfectly dry, but I think that is to be expected for the bottom of cups and other weird things.

3rd row is nice. I may ditch the silverware try and use that instead.
We love the 3rd shelf
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:36 am

2 month check in. Still living the dishwasher. No ragrets getting it.

It's not quiet the whole cycle, but it is a majority of the time. Can't hear it from the other side of the room at all.
Tyler
Owner

Dishwashers

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:50 pm

goldenrod wrote:Source of the post We love the 3rd shelf

Jayson loves popping in to talk about appliances.
goldenrod

Dishwashers

Postby goldenrod » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:24 pm

Lol, I have my new fridge and double oven being delivered to my new house in reno on may 12th.
Tyler
Owner

Dishwashers

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:41 pm

goldenrod wrote:Source of the post Lol, I have my new fridge and double oven being delivered to my new house in reno on may 12th.

lolol. Thanks for proving my statement from last night.

Have you moved out there yet?

Return to “Off Topic”