Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Nextdoor social media

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Nextdoor social media

Postby Tyler » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:12 pm

Seeing ethans post made me think of this. How active is your neighborhood? I've joined for 2 different areas and it was very limited. Less than 20% were on. I ended up unsubspring from it.

We have a very active HOA FB group tho. So many posts about missing packages and roaming dogs.
bmyoungs

Nextdoor social media

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:14 pm

Next door had nothing but very active fb for the neighborhood.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Nextdoor social media

Postby Tyler » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:17 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Next door had nothing but very active fb for the neighborhood.

What kind of stuff gets posted to the FB page?
bmyoungs

Nextdoor social media

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:20 pm

Anything you can think of. Recommendations for trade workers, girl scout cookies, a couple years ago there was a bobcat that was eating all the outdoor cats or neighbors have, town news etc. It's very active and the fire chief and a town counselor love in our neighborhood so generally we are well informed

Tyler
Owner

Nextdoor social media

Postby Tyler » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:52 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Anything you can think of. Recommendations for trade workers, girl scout cookies, a couple years ago there was a bobcat that was eating all the outdoor cats or neighbors have, town news etc. It's very active and the fire chief and a town counselor love in our neighborhood so generally we are well informed

What about bitching that some yards have too many dandelions? We have seen that.

A week ago I found a note in our yard, that I assume was months old from the snow melting, asking me to pick up dog poop in my own yard from my own dogs. I hope it just happened to blow into our yard. I have no idea where it came from. It was written on cardboard and way out by the sidewalk by the property line. Regardless, fugg you person!
bmyoungs

Nextdoor social media

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:46 am

No one bitches about anyone else homes. There is one a hole who has signs posted and posted online telling everyone to have their dogs stop pooping in their yard.

They ended up removing the posts on the group because everyone was making fun of them. I'll have to take pictures of the signs next time I go out by the house.

wags83

Nextdoor social media

Postby wags83 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:20 am

Our NextDoor neighborhood stuff is pretty active. A lot of posting about various wildlife: "I saw a coyote, so watch your small animals!" or "I saw an eagle, so watch your small animals!" or "I saw a wolf! Everybody panic!" (it's never a wolf, it's always a coyote). Also a lot of posts in the for sale section. I actually bought my home theater receiver off of NextDoor.
ejhartman91

Nextdoor social media

Postby ejhartman91 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:51 am

Nextdoor has quite a bit of activity in Ankeny, but I don't use it much. I do look at the occasional email as you may have noticed. Our HOA does have a pretty active facebook group too.
tylersucks

Nextdoor social media

Postby tylersucks » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:53 am

Our neighborhood FB is just all stay at home moms bitching about people driving too fast down the streets and how their kids had to dive out of the way or they would have been road kill(they wouldn't have).
Tyler
Owner

Nextdoor social media

Postby Tyler » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:46 am

tylersucks wrote:Source of the post Our neighborhood FB is just all stay at home moms bitching about people driving too fast down the streets and how their kids had to dive out of the way or they would have been road kill(they wouldn't have).

Your group is insane. I enjoyed my time on there when I pretended to be a neighbor just to see the drama
wags83

Nextdoor social media

Postby wags83 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:39 am

tylersucks wrote:Source of the post Our neighborhood FB is just all stay at home moms bitching about people driving too fast down the streets and how their kids had to dive out of the way or they would have been road kill(they wouldn't have).

I LOL'ed reading this

Return to “Off Topic”