Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Quarantine projects

Talk about anything.
bmyoungs

Quarantine projects

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:58 pm

What projects are being done since no one is allowed to leave the house?

I am doing as much yard work as I can. Today I cleaned out some of our flower beds for the first time since we moved here. I'll have to take some before pics tomorrow before I mulch and add some flower beds around a couple of our trees

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Quarantine projects

Postby DannyFanny » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:40 pm

Well Maria and I both still work, so our lives haven't changed much. I did clean my grill today.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Quarantine projects

Postby Tyler » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Good on the yard work. I need to do that, but it's not as fun as shop projects and shop projects I can do after kids go to bed.

I build a new computer desk. I started it the day after we were sent home to work and finished it about 10 says later. I'm going to make an imgur album (for Reddit karma) and will post it here when I'm finished. Still waiting on some cable management stuff so I'll wait to post pics.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Quarantine projects

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:38 pm

I'm trying to get my bathroom finished and then I'm going to clear out my hill and make a little burn out area up there.

Corey
Site Admin

Postby Corey » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:59 pm

Planted some shrubs and made 26 bags of mulch disappear today (not just in the picture but other places as well). Image
wags83

Quarantine projects

Postby wags83 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:14 pm

I've had a few small projects so far. Built a small extension to my raised garden where I'll try growing hops and also built a simply trellis system for them.

Built another corner floating shelf for the other corner TV we have in the house. Got that finished up today.

Yesterday I cleaned up a lot of the landscaping in the front yard and put new mulch in. Need a few more bags to finish that part and probably 2 or 3 times more bags than I bought to do the same in other areas of the front and back yards. I'll try to get back to Lowe's this week before the $2/bag deal is over.
Tyler
Owner

Quarantine projects

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:05 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I'll try to get back to Lowe's this week before the $2/bag deal is over.

So dumb of them to have a big sale in the middle of COVID.

You guys love mulching!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:48 pm

Completed desk project. I'll put the imgur album together this week of the complete build.

If I could do it all over again I would make the short end 5ft instead of 4 and maybe make it all deeper, but that isn't really an issue now that I've modified the monitor mounts to sit much closer to the wall.

bmyoungs

Quarantine projects

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:13 pm

Tyler wrote:Completed desk project. I'll put the imgur album together this week of the complete build.

If I could do it all over again I would make the short end 5ft instead of 4 and maybe make it all deeper, but that isn't really an issue now that I've modified the monitor mounts to sit much closer to the wall.

Nice cable management.

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:39 pm

Thanks. 2 power strips and 2x 3 to 1 plugs. I somehow tripped the GFI in the garage and killed the deep freeze for a bit.

bmyoungs

Quarantine projects

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:44 pm

I need to mount my power strip to my desk but it's so hard to squeeze under for me. I should have done it before I set it all up but I'm not forward thinking

bmyoungs

Quarantine projects

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:50 pm

Here's the two I finished this weekend. Hadn't been touched in 3 years so heavy weeding still need some finishing touches up front.

The other pics are my longer term project (that I will not be doing myself. I want to put in a patio area in the circled area. We have a fire place area that you can see in the sat photo but I want it to extend all the way to the back deck and put a walk way from the stairs to it. You can see the slopes though so it'll be pretty labor intensive. ImageImageImageImage

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:35 pm

Mulch looks great. You're bigger project sounds very ambitious. Have you started collecting bids?
bmyoungs

Quarantine projects

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:45 pm

Tyler wrote:Mulch looks great. You're bigger project sounds very ambitious. Have you started collecting bids?
No because I'm scared they will be too high and that will ruin my dream

Tyler
Owner

Quarantine projects

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:15 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I'll put the imgur album together this week of the complete build.

https://imgur.com/gallery/zax9jb9
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:32 am

Thanks to tylersucks neighbor I had some dirt dropped off for free so I can finally put dirt in the flowerbed Hussbuss and I did last year.

I took about half of this? Looking at the pile in the driveway after the fact I'm worried I didn't take enough. I have no wheelbarrow so I'll be moving with 5 gallon buckets. Image
bmyoungs

Quarantine projects

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:36 am

Tyler wrote:Thanks to tylersucks neighbor I had some dirt dropped off for free so I can finally put dirt in the flowerbed Hussbuss and I did last year.

I took about half of this? Looking at the pile in the driveway after the fact I'm worried I didn't take enough. I have no wheelbarrow so I'll be moving with 5 gallon buckets. Image
Omg just go buy a wheelbarrow

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:19 pm

I didn't buy one. I didn't want to store a wheelbarrow. It took 95 5-gallon buckets. I used it all and still short.

Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Quarantine projects

Postby Huss Buss » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:27 am

would be alot of bags of dirt yet! looks like need to get half with the dirt on the last course so the mulch is just to bottom of caps
wags83

Quarantine projects

Postby wags83 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:10 pm

Dirt, rocks, or mulch....never goes as far as you think. I went back to Lowes on Friday and got 11 more bags of mulch (that's probably as much as I can fit in my vehicle without removing the car seat). I could probably use another dozen to do the parts I didn't get to. Got all the front yard and street-visible mulch areas done though.

Return to “Off Topic”