Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Quarantine projects

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Quarantine projects

Postby Tyler » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:11 pm

So much better! That is awesome. Have you done the rest of the room?

Our laminate? fake wood planks are looking rough in spots on the main floor. I'll do that one of these years. In the meantime I'll keep superglueing the strips that seem to peel up.
wags83

Quarantine projects

Postby wags83 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:39 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Have you done the rest of the room?

:oops:
I haven't done the rest yet. Mostly because that's the laundry room/storage area which means there's a lot of bulky shit to move out of the way (washer, dryer, chest freezer, large shelves) and so I've just been putting it off.
Corey
Site Admin

Quarantine projects

Postby Corey » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:44 pm

Today I started the process of identifying all the shrubs and plants around our new house so I can do whatever needs to happen (prune, etc.) to get them ready for the spring. Started off by cutting these bad boys down to about 6 inches high, which ended up being a lot more work than I thought it would since we have like 14 of these around the house. I used hedge sheers but it was a bear to clean up all the clippings afterwards (and I still ended up doing a poor job on it). I have some other plants that need pruning but nothing else that just simply needs to be cut down like these grassy plants needed. I've got some mulching to do as well as I have some bare spots as you can see.

Tyler
Owner

Quarantine projects

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:12 am

We have some tall grass like that. I was just looking at it on Sunday asking Jocelyn if she thinks we should have cut it down.

I wouldnt even have thought to look up plants or that they have different spring needs. You're the best homeowner Corey
wags83

Quarantine projects

Postby wags83 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:05 pm

I'll be cleaning up some of the landscaping plants too if it's nice this weekend, though it's supposed to be crappy on Saturday. Lots of hostas and some other plant that I don't remember the name. But the all eventually need to be split. I haven't split them since moving in 4 years ago and they're getting pretty big now.
wags83

Quarantine projects

Postby wags83 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:42 pm

Hmm, never knew this. I'm a big fan of pollinators though, so I guess I can wait a few weeks.
ejhartman91

Quarantine projects

Postby ejhartman91 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:20 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Hmm, never knew this.

I did not know this either. I was actually planning on doing some yard cleanup last weekend but saw that and decided to wait.

Return to “Off Topic”