Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

3D Printer

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: 3D Printer

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:04 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:Got it, thanks! Nice little dino in there too!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Omg that is Charmander. Don't you even know?!
ejhartman91

3D Printer

Postby ejhartman91 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:06 pm

Tyler wrote:
ejhartman91 wrote:Got it, thanks! Nice little dino in there too!

Omg that is Charmander. Don't you even know?!
I'm disappointed in myself for not immediately recognizing...

ejhartman91

3D Printer

Postby ejhartman91 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:29 pm

UPDATE: Still haven't gotten around to installing the Nest Hello doorbell wedge you printed for me Tyler - my apologies! I plan to get it installed this weekend (depending on how my knee surgery recovery goes - surgery is Friday). However, I have another potential 3D printing need -

Lindsey has an iPhone 12 Pro Max (or whatever model is the biggest, most expensive one...) - her current bedside charging station is very difficult for her to get her phone positioned correctly to charge - it sometimes takes her like 10+ attempts. She also charges her apple watch on it. I've been looking for a replacement that uses the magsafe system for her iPhone and they are all ridiculously expensive. I did some looking for a 3D printed option and there are some intriguing ones. Here are the ones I was looking through: https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=ma ... t=relevant

Tyler - do any of those look feasible for you? I'm happy to pay you as always, especially for this one since all the other options are $100+
Tyler
Owner

3D Printer

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:46 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post depending on how my knee surgery recovery goes - surgery is Friday

karate related injury?!

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post whatever model is the biggest, most expensive one

Nice flex

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post I did some looking for a 3D printed option and there are some intriguing ones

Yeah, I could print one. I'm not going to pick though haha. You tell me the exact one you want and I'll print it. What color?

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post I'm happy to pay you as always, especially for this one since all the other options are $100+

Maybe I'll make you buy something from my Etsy store for $5 and you can leave a glowing review without me actually mailing it haha. (I hope Etsy doesn't read this)
ejhartman91

3D Printer

Postby ejhartman91 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:16 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post karate related injury?!

No, slow pitch softball.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post You tell me the exact one you want and I'll print it. What color?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4658127 this one in white please. She says "tell him thanks"

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Maybe I'll make you buy something from my Etsy store for $5 and you can leave a glowing review without me actually mailing it haha. (I hope Etsy doesn't read this)

Send a link and consider it done.
ejhartman91

3D Printer

Postby ejhartman91 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:24 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4658127 this one in white please. She says "tell him thanks"

Can you make the base 1 and 2 options as well - we have the belkin charger he talks about in the description so I want to see if Lindsey will like it with that or without
Tyler
Owner

3D Printer

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:03 pm

Printing now. Looks like this needs screws to build. No promises I have those, but I'll see what I have in the garage.

PMing you details on the store.
ejhartman91

3D Printer

Postby ejhartman91 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:43 pm

Tyler wrote:Printing now. Looks like this needs screws to build. No promises I have those, but I'll see what I have in the garage.

PMing you details on the store.
I can go get the screws needed if you don't have them. I have to run to McNards soon anyway to get some things

Tyler
Owner

3D Printer

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:28 am

Ethan, we need to see pictures of all the completed projects I mailed you. And no excuses about knee surgery!
ejhartman91

3D Printer

Postby ejhartman91 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:56 pm

My excuse is that I don't have the magsafe puck to fully install the new charging station! Hopefully this weekend I'll have some pictures for you!

Tyler
Owner

3D Printer

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:50 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post My excuse is that I don't have the magsafe puck to fully install the new charging station! Hopefully this weekend I'll have some pictures for you!

I didn't know you needed that for a doorbell. *EYE ROLL* lol
Tyler
Owner

Re: 3D Printer

Postby Tyler » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:14 am

I'm happy to welcome cwags and bmyoungs (who had a different printer) into the club. I tried pressuring Corey and Ethan but they didn't take the bait.

I think we are up to 6 members now if we count Benny and tylersucks (who havent posted in years)
bmyoungs

3D Printer

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:21 pm

So far mine hasnt been love at first sight. Im holding judgement until i get my filament replacement tomorrow, but i have yet to have a print without issues.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: 3D Printer

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:42 pm

bmyoungs wrote:So far mine hasnt been love at first sight. Im holding judgement until i get my filament replacement tomorrow, but i have yet to have a print without issues.

:( hopefully you can get it all dialed in now. Or start upgrading every single part
bmyoungs

3D Printer

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:05 am

I got it dialed in and its working great. I like octoprint a lot even if its just barely useful at the moment

Tyler
Owner

3D Printer

Postby Tyler » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:07 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I got it dialed in and its working great. I like octoprint a lot even if its just barely useful at the moment

Anything that removes friction from a process is worth it.
I have a PC/monitor set up right next to my printers in the closet. I can slice something, send it to octoprint (there is a way to send directly from Cura to octoprint I think even), and watch it start - all without moving.
bmyoungs

3D Printer

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:18 am

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I got it dialed in and its working great. I like octoprint a lot even if its just barely useful at the moment

Anything that removes friction from a process is worth it.
I have a PC/monitor set up right next to my printers in the closet. I can slice something, send it to octoprint (there is a way to send directly from Cura to octoprint I think even), and watch it start - all without moving.
Yeah it's nice to be able to just browse thingiverse, slice something and throw it in octoprint and have it ready to go. Ill probably move my printer right next to my desktop when we rearrange post home remodeling

Tyler
Owner

3D Printer

Postby Tyler » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:18 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Ill probably move my printer right next to my desktop when we rearrange post home remodeling

But the noise! My printer is quieter than the Pro and after a few dance of it right next to my primary PC, I had to move it. Was too distracting.
wags83

3D Printer

Postby wags83 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:04 pm

Mine is currently close to my PC, but I'm going to be moving it into the other room. It's impossible to watch TV while the printer is going in the same room.
Tyler
Owner

3D Printer

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:53 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I'm going to be moving it into the other room. It's impossible to watch TV while the printer is going in the same room.

Your printer should have zero down time, so there should always be noise.

Return to “Off Topic”