Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Vaccine

Talk about anything.
blake

Vaccine

Postby blake » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:48 am

Anyone in a profession where they were able to get the vaccine already?

I'm estimated for mid April per our State's chart
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Vaccine

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:52 am

I'll be eligible in the next phase, Phase 1c, for Iowa. I honestly have no idea when that will be accessible. I get email updates from my hospital as they know things, but a few emails have been "we're going to start the next phase soon but we don't actually have a clue when. Good luck out there!"
blake

Vaccine

Postby blake » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:30 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post I'll be eligible in the next phase, Phase 1c, for Iowa. I honestly have no idea when that will be accessible. I get email updates from my hospital as they know things, but a few emails have been "we're going to start the next phase soon but we don't actually have a clue when. Good luck out there!"

yeah it's a mess. Hopefully with J&J (if approved), supply will be in better shape down the road
Tyler
Owner

Vaccine

Postby Tyler » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:09 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post I'll be eligible in the next phase, Phase 1c, for Iowa

I didn't even know 1c existed. What is that? 1b is barely going now.

blake wrote:Source of the post Anyone in a profession where they were able to get the vaccine already?

Wife, MIL, and BIL are all teachers. Jocelyn was originally told mid-Jan by her school, but that never happened. Last week our pharmacist friend texted her on her birthday saying if they have any extra at night they ahve to be tossed, so she could come at 6:30pm and get one. So she got it before the rest of her distrcit.

BIL/MIL got it this week through just scheduling it on their own, not through the school.

I have no idea when I will get it. Summer? Iowa sucks.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Vaccine

Postby DannyFanny » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:36 am

I know I've seen and found the list of eligible people in 1C, but I can never find it easily when I want to recall the groups it covers.
The ones I can remember are essential workers that haven't been covered already, this includes telecommunications companies which I work for one.
It also includes immuno-compromised people, which I'm also one.

I'm surprised truckers and delivery drivers aren't higher up on the list. They might be in 1c too, but I can't remember.

1B started earlier this week. It's not just Iowa that is having a bad roll out. It's everywhere.
wags83

Vaccine

Postby wags83 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:13 pm

Our HR sent an email a while back saying our employees should be considered in the 1B group....but the proceeded to say "get it on your own if you can", so I have no idea when I can get it.

My mother-in-law works in a nursing home and has had both doses. My father-in-law drives a school bus and got his first dose so far.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Vaccine

Postby Tyler » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:42 am

Danny, I think you should totally be able get one because of your health concerns. GL!

Wags, I know you think the same so I'll say it, fug you. Lol. It's too bad industries are so broad and it's not worth the time to prove what you do. For example, someone working at in home office job for the hospital vs a nurse
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Vaccine

Postby Huss Buss » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:06 am

I got my first shot Feb 1st. due to being first responder
blake

Vaccine

Postby blake » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:12 am

co-worker who is in the national guard had his vaccine over the weekend. He said 20 out of 135 people in his group got it, the rest declined
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Vaccine

Postby DannyFanny » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:24 am

Does the co-worker know why they declined? I'm curious if they declined because
a) they thought they didn't need it as urgently as others
b) they aren't worried about covid
c) worried about the effects the vaccine might potentially have
d) conspiracy theory reasons
blake

Vaccine

Postby blake » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:03 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Does the co-worker know why they declined? I'm curious if they declined because
a) they thought they didn't need it as urgently as others
b) they aren't worried about covid
c) worried about the effects the vaccine might potentially have
d) conspiracy theory reasons

He said conspiracy theories mainly and saying why do we need this for a virus that I can recover from, etc
blake

Vaccine

Postby blake » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:04 am

He thinks the guard will eventually have to make it mandatory as the flu shot already is required for them
wags83

Vaccine

Postby wags83 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:25 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Wags, I know you think the same so I'll say it, fug you. Lol. It's too bad industries are so broad and it's not worth the time to prove what you do. For example, someone working at in home office job for the hospital vs a nurse

Haha exactly. This is how my brother-in-law already got his. Works from home as an accountant, but his company happens to be involved in healthcare.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:02 pm

Wow that is a lot of dum people
ejhartman91

Vaccine

Postby ejhartman91 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:30 pm

My mom (dental hygienist), My FIL (dentist), My sister (dietician for a weight loss clinic), and my BIL's wife (occupational therapist for a local school district) are the only people I know that have been vaccinated yet.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Vaccine

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:42 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:My mom (dental hygienist), My FIL (dentist), My sister (dietician for a weight loss clinic), and my BIL's wife (occupational therapist for a local school district) are the only people I know that have been vaccinated yet.
Do you feel left out for working in IT?
ejhartman91

Vaccine

Postby ejhartman91 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:38 pm

Not really haha. We are laying low because of the baby anyway so we don't go anywhere except the grocery store. I'd rather have the people that really need it get vaccinated first

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:10 am

Danny, I see you can get it Monday. I saw on r/desmoines that Boone HyVee usually has extras too.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Vaccine

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:34 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Danny, I see you can get it Monday. I saw on r/desmoines that Boone HyVee usually has extras too.

I'm actually getting it tomorrow.
Tyler
Owner

Vaccine

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:45 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post I'm actually getting it tomorrow.

Nice! I saw the Huss boys over the weekend for a bit. Kyle (firefighter), his soon-to-wife (medical field), and Emily (social worker?) all have it. You all can hang out with Jocelyn. Very cool so many people we know are getting it.

Return to “Off Topic”